DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To play devil's advocate, we really don't know when DW ate the pizza. We know when it was ordered and we know when the crusts were found, but we don't know when DW bit into the slice. People do eat pizza cold.

(For what it's worth, I place DW there the entire time.)

JMO

*Hand up* I do. Frequently for breakfast with coffee :D I did it twice last week :blushing:

TRANSCRIPT UPDATE...AGAIN.....Received a call from the court reporter. She stated that the US Attorney has placed an order for the transcript. She has (15) days to complete that order but says it will not take her that long to transcribe and that she's already started. The US Attorney's office will pay the rate of $3.65 per page. Anyone else requesting a copy "after" that will pay .90 per page. There are about 155 pages. There are approximately five (5) pages that have been sealed but she states that virtually all of it has been unsealed. She can forward it to me electronically after receiving the request and after the US Attorney has received theirs. Again, probably a week or so. She knows of no rule or regulation that prohibits the transcript from being posted or shared, though the TOS here prohibit that. Maybe set up a private page on social media and it can be viewed there. Mods....please let me know if that's okay to talk about here.

If against TOS here ...it can be shared in the Websleuths chatroom ..live chat and can share there . Panini is the moderator there ..

Normal speak for a defense attorney :moo:

Baez ...and George and Cindy come to mind
It also reminds me of what they tried to do to Kronk in he CA case. They put out so much smoke and mirrors about how he had to of moved the body and such. Never really saying he did the murder, but implied he had something to do with the body once it was placed there. Seems like in his case they have yet to say he had anything to do with the murders, just a sidetrack to get the future jury pool to be sidetracked by. IMO

Everything is MOO. I don't know why LE thinks AS ordered it and I don't know if Domino's records calls. I just know if I were in that situation, pizza would be the last thing on my mind. That's why I think another female ordered it.

I know AS may have been trying to get someone in the house and she may have also been restrained. There is a lot we don't know.

Some reasons I can think of to order pizza during this:

1) this has been brought up before, but worth repeating: AS may have pleaded to be able to feed her young son. She wouldn't have been freed to cook, and they may have ordered pizza before and it was a repeat order, so very easy to order.

2) DW was hungry, didn't want to risk leaving fingerprints raiding the fridge or microwaving something, etc.

3) AS may have hoped to be able to get a message out in some way

If against TOS here ...it can be shared in the Websleuths chatroom ..live chat and can share there . Panini is the moderator there ..

Or ask the mods/owner here for permission since the court reporter knows of no rule against it

1) this has been brought up before, but worth repeating: AS may have pleaded to be able to feed her young son. She wouldn't have been freed to cook, and they may have ordered pizza before and it was a repeat order, so very easy to order.

2) DW was hungry, didn't want to risk leaving fingerprints raiding the fridge or microwaving something, etc.

These are all good points. I am biased towards believing DW did not do this alone and it's part of the reason I have the opinion that someone other than AS ordered the pizza.

Answering for myself...the person who answered the phone at the Pizzeria...unless he had really known AS on a very personal and could recognize her voice...would only know that a female voice said she was AS and gave a correct credit card. We had a neighborhood restaurant that we went to almost once a week, and they never recognized my voice though they did my name.

Also, no one has admitted being inside the house to our knowledge...unless DW has given some details that LE has accepted as fact...so...

How do we know or even LE know...who called?

Yes, I didn't think that Dominos would be able to ID her by voice (though they might be able to, from memory, compare a voicemail recording and say, 'yes, I think that was her,' or, 'no, sounds nothing like her, the voice was much higher,"). But what I was really wondering was if, since Dominos is a big corporate chain, they record order-takers for QC and training purposes. Lots of companies do, even ones that don't necessarily advertise that they do it.

TRANSCRIPT UPDATE...AGAIN.....Received a call from the court reporter. She stated that the US Attorney has placed an order for the transcript. She has (15) days to complete that order but says it will not take her that long to transcribe and that she's already started. The US Attorney's office will pay the rate of $3.65 per page. Anyone else requesting a copy "after" that will pay .90 per page. There are about 155 pages. There are approximately five (5) pages that have been sealed but she states that virtually all of it has been unsealed. She can forward it to me electronically after receiving the request and after the US Attorney has received theirs. Again, probably a week or so. She knows of no rule or regulation that prohibits the transcript from being posted or shared, though the TOS here prohibit that. Maybe set up a private page on social media and it can be viewed there. Mods....please let me know if that's okay to talk about here.

Happy Dance! :loveyou: :happydance: :blowkiss:

I can't do the entire transcript, but I will definitely contribute if a campaign of some sort is organized *cough cough*

:D

Very interesting that half was sealed. That tells me there is a lot going on here that we don't know and they do NOT want us to know at this point. This is no simple one-man-with-a-knife home invasion gone wrong.

This is the first case i'm following here on Websleuths. Why would they seal half the testimony? Has this happened in other cases?

This is the first case i'm following here on Websleuths. Why would they seal half the testimony? Has this happened in other cases?

Could the sealed parts of the transcript be associated to PS and AS? We heard VF mentioned.

Yes, I didn't think that Dominos would be able to ID her by voice (though they might be able to, from memory, compare a voicemail recording and say, 'yes, I think that was her,' or, 'no, sounds nothing like her, the voice was much higher,"). But what I was really wondering was if, since Dominos is a big corporate chain, they record order-takers for QC and training purposes. Lots of companies do, even ones that don't necessarily advertise that they do it.

Great point!

He has a nice face. Too bad he is on the losing team.

LOL, I said pretty much the same thing when I saw his pic and thought to myself "holy cow he's cute! Too bad he's trying to defend that ."

:blushing:

I have been told on this website that LE is essentially cagey in court...answering "I don't know" in order to deny LE evidence or information they do not want disclosed at this point. So, I will take this into consideration in any MSM articles or quotes.

It may just be nothing more than strategy but indeed you are entitled to hold your own opinion. I just don't read these two statements as "expansively" or as "conclusively" as others may do. His whereabouts are confirmed for a few hours that day. But even that does not answer the curious question of his car inside the crime scene tape. Something still off to me. Just because they know where he was...isn't the whole story.

Not a suspect but someone withholding information. Gee, that's no endorsement.

I will be convinced when we have MUCH more information about how this horror transpired.

Thinking about the part in your post above that is in bold. Sometimes the answer is so simple we over-look it or over-talk it. He must have parked his car prior to the tape being set up.

Is there something I am missing regarding you finding this curious? Trying hard to keep an open mind and see details from other's point of view. TIA

Thinking about the part in your post above that is in bold. Sometimes the answer is so simple we over-look it or over-talk it. He must have parked his car prior to the tape being set up.

Is there something I am missing regarding you finding this curious? Trying hard to keep an open mind and see details from other's point of view. TIA

I believe the same thing that they moved the tape back from the original perimeter that was taped off. He just happened to park there before they moved the tape. In the end they had moved the tape all the way back to the cross streets.

This was is the news May 5th --
http://wgntv.com/2015/05/05/woman-being-held-hostage-uses-online-pizza-hut-order-to-send-911-hostage-message/

so perhaps Amy was hoping to order via mobile and do the same but DW made her speak instead?

I agree with all your reasoning regarding the pizza. Feel like somehow Amy was trying to humanize her family to this killer by breaking bread with him.

Again, it throws me for a loop that in the midst of a break-in and hostage situation that pizza is ordered. I still believe the cheese pizza was for Philip and maybe the monster tortured him after the pizza was delivered by eating the pepperoni pizza in front of him. On the other hand, maybe Philip was very upset and refused to eat the pizza and that really angered Wint and the serious torture with the knife began about that time.

I am fairly sure I read that the money recovered when Wint was arrested was indeed the same money dropped off by the courier. I am going to have to check MSM for where I read that. Of course, with all the discrepancies in the reporting who knows what is actually factual.

News reports/SWs said the money in the convoy matched the denominations handed out by the bank. It is possible that due to the large amount of cash handed out by the bank that all or almost all of the money came directly from the vault and not randomly from a teller's cash drawer. Tellers are not allowed to keep much cash in their drawer because of robbery concerns. The money in the vault may have come from a recent armored truck delivery in which case the bank may have a very good idea of the serial numbers involved. Especially if the hundred dollar bills were new.

time for me to contribute a bizarre and improbable theory I just thought of: what if there was 1 accomplice/other perp w/ DW in the house (who is not a known player/hasn't been discussed/i have no idea who this would be) and after the commission of the crime, DW and this unknown other person left the crime scene together in the Porsche, then DW drove this other person to an unknown location (wooded area, secluded area, body of water) where DW then murdered his own accomplice/the other perp and left the body there. DW then went about his business of hiding stolen goods, joyriding in the Porsche, whatever other creepy or sinister stuff murderous lunatics do before torching the Porsche. This unknown accomplice could be the one whose DNA was also found on the green vest.

I know, I know. This is largely ridiculous. But I had not seen anything like this posted before (for good reason lol:)) so I thought I'd throw it out there. I suppose I have a wild imagination and become more likely to make things up when confronted with months of no new information being released about the case.

Carry on.

Happy Dance! :loveyou: :happydance: :blowkiss:

I can't do the entire transcript, but I will definitely contribute if a campaign of some sort is organized *cough cough*

:D

:tyou: BlessedLife! :yourock: :twocents: :ditto: Count me in too!

Here are tweets from DC Police that bear on which streets were blocked off, which may shed light on how close one would have had to have parked to be stuck:

14 May
DC Police Department @DCPoliceDept
House Fire Update 3200 Woodland Dr NW MPD & FEMS reports the fire has been extinguished/Investigations continues. Street Closures are: Cont.

14 May
House Fire Update 3200 Woodland Dr NW MPD & FEMS reports the fire has been extinguished/Investigations continues. Street Closures are: Cont.

14 May
Motorist please seek an alternate route(s). There is no estimate time of when the streets will REOPEN. /7066
Details
15 : 04

14 May
Flashing *34th St &M St NW Tech on scene Use Caution /7066
Details
17 : 05

14 May
Update Street Closures remains: 3200 Woodland Dr. NW Woodland Dr NW/Garfield St 32nd St/Cleveland Ave Woodland Dr NW/Garfield St Cont.
Details
19 : 04

14 May
31st Pl NW/Woodland Dr 34th St NW/Garfield St /7066
Details
19 : 05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics