DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would witnesses be that we don't already know? Convoy people?

AIW employee who witnessed SS being called home, AIW employee who went to the bank to get the money, forensic accountants with testimony about S financials... could be lots of things.

Sorry, when I originally pasted the tweets, I accidentally cut out what's probably the most relevant tweet (in red) when I was reordering things so they would appear in chronological (rather than reverse-chronological) order:

14 May
DC Police Department @DCPoliceDept
House Fire Update 3200 Woodland Dr NW MPD & FEMS reports the fire has been extinguished/Investigations continues. Street Closures are: Cont.
Details 15 : 02

14 MayDC Police Department @DCPoliceDept
32nd St NW at Woodland Dr Woodland Dr NW at Garfield St 32nd St at Cleveland Ave 31st Pl NW at Woodland Dr 34th St NW at Garfield St Cont.

Details 15 : 03

14 May
Motorist please seek an alternate route(s). There is no estimate time of when the streets will REOPEN. /7066
Details
15 : 04

14 May
Flashing *34th St &M St NW Tech on scene Use Caution /7066
Details
17 : 05

14 May
Update Street Closures remains: 3200 Woodland Dr. NW Woodland Dr NW/Garfield St 32nd St/Cleveland Ave Woodland Dr NW/Garfield St Cont.
Details
19 : 04

14 May
31st Pl NW/Woodland Dr 34th St NW/Garfield St /7066
Details
19 : 05

In news articles, the info was attributed to "law enforcement sources say"

Yes, but I want to know "why" :( I just think it was odd or *hesitates to say* unfair that the other four weren't named. They were involved on some level. Unless they were very below average intelligence, they would know they were doing something wrong if not illegal, so that makes them complicit in those actions related specifically to laundering money just the same as the man in the truck who was named.

why why why. :tantrum: I always want to know why. I'm obnoxious that way. :hilarious:

They're both iffy according to the article: "Technicians have not completed statistical analysis, however, to determine how rare the DNA profile recovered from the pizza or the vest would be in the population, Owens said."

Isn't that just par for the course. The expert gets on the stand and says "The chances of this DNA belonging to someone other than the defendant is 1 in 1,600,000,000" or something like that?

Of course it's enough to indict him. And state wouldn't be worried about tainting the jury by presenting the evidence.

Well I'm glad you are so confident, Jjenny. I'm am not there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg
Beating the 98 degree heat

I'm confident in the DNA

Taking only a knife to a situation where you alone must manage three adults and a child just does not work for me.

So, did DW expect to find only one person? If so, he had to have had information about this family and their daily life (however much it proved in error.) I can see entering with only a knife if you think what you want is already there and you will only encounter a housekeeper. But without inside info, it's a huge risk. This really troubles me.

I keep thinking about NG's comments that seem to indicate that she was told money was being delivered to the house for the DOJO opening. I know she has made conflicted statements. But if DW thought that money was in place and only VF would be in the house, he might think a knife and a quick in and out would suffice.

I can't imagine planning to managing 3 adults and a child, overnight, and taking only a knife and going alone. Granted he is no member of Mensa but certainly he has some street smarts.

IMO, If you want to keep from chasing your tail, you should put anything NG said out of your mind, no matter how compelling it may seem. She said she knew the money was coming in one interview, but said she knew nothing about it in another. I suspect she heard about it afterwards and wanted to sound like she was "in the know", but when she realized it wasn't something she should have known, she back-pedaled.

I agree it sounds like DW didn't come prepared for what he found at the house. I wonder if by "set up" he means he was told the house would be empty, it would be an in and out job where he'd reap a bunch of money and possibly even cars and other stuff. Of course, it's possible he never said he was set up - it was just his attorney's idea of a defense.

bbm sbm Having a gun w him during home invasion could have given DDW (potentially more) leverage thana knife alone.Yes, firing it would have made noise, possibly catching attention of neighbors who could call 911.
Houses are close together there, but perhaps noise risk would be reduced by home size? Not like a home invadee (?) would call a perp's bluff or think, "Home invader, go ahead and shoot, neighbors' calls to 911 will have LE in no time." Or silencer?

If DDW had fired gun in home, seems that info would be 'out.' If he had gun but did not fire it, what forensic evd could LE have detected? Likely none, imo. Sadly, no survivors to confirm or dispute.

Just speculation - DDW could have used his (own, borrowed, stolen? hypo) gun to threaten, in addition to menacing w knife.

I wondered if he used his bb gun to threaten whoever opened the door, and once he had everyone tied up, he could more easily control them with a knife.

Okay. I just wonder how the attorney is going to "explain" the fact that DW was actually caught with $30,000 of the money dropped off on the morning of the 14th if he wasn't there. SMH

Did they manage to launder all of it? Does LE know if the bills were sequentially marked, and if so, what the numbers would be? It's not like DW et al couldn't have robbed someone else. I would rather admit to a robbery than a quad murder. JMO

I do, but that's in addition to his previously terminated employment at AIW, and propensity for violence. With knives. I know some points can't be considered and may not be legal to bring up in court (past arrests or violence or threats) and I hate even saying these things here because I KNOW (assume/presume/speculate/could reasonably guess) that Websleuths can be used as a barometer of sorts. Not that Ago needs to be schooled in anything, it's just personal paranoia about giving the opposing team easy information. :/

There will be even more info in the transcripts that we haven't heard before.

ETA: Does anybody know why only one other person was named from the convoy? I don't have a theory on that. Did a reporter recognize him? Did a LEO recognize him and make a comment? Did a reporter recognize a facial similarity to DW?
The person named was the person in possession of the money who had instructed the women to launder money. His mug shot was shown on the 2020 nightline special "the mansion murders." Pictures from MSM of both persons have been posted on WS. I don't recall a reporter commenting about facial similarity of the two.

TRANSCRIPT UPDATE...AGAIN.....Received a call from the court reporter. She stated that the US Attorney has placed an order for the transcript. She has (15) days to complete that order but says it will not take her that long to transcribe and that she's already started. The US Attorney's office will pay the rate of $3.65 per page. Anyone else requesting a copy "after" that will pay .90 per page. There are about 155 pages. There are approximately five (5) pages that have been sealed but she states that virtually all of it has been unsealed. She can forward it to me electronically after receiving the request and after the US Attorney has received theirs. Again, probably a week or so. She knows of no rule or regulation that prohibits the transcript from being posted or shared, though the TOS here prohibit that. Maybe set up a private page on social media and it can be viewed there. Mods....please let me know if that's okay to talk about here.

What about putting it in dropbox and allowing people to access it there? I'm happy to host it in my drop box, but I don't have the ability to monitor who can see it - either nobody but me, or anyone with the link.

ETA: Thank you for doing all the research! Happy it's only .90/page.

Do you all feel the DNA on the pizza, green vest, 2 days later paying cash for a lawyer and being found w/ at least 3/4 of the money is enough to indict him? I personally do but have been thinking that the state has more evidence against him but is keeping it sealed so as not to taint the jury. Just thinking out loud here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the DNA is enough for an indictment. Especially the pizza crust, it places DW in that house during the crime.

And why does that lack of knowledge impact a felony murder charge ? Or perhaps this post wants to disagree with non relevant fact :moo: of when he bit into pizza and making a point of that? Not following logic and impact of time he ate it .

I think ItD is saying if someone invited DW over on Thursday morning and sitting on the back porch, shared his cold pizza with JW before carrying the leftovers inside and into the room with the victims, rather than DW being at the home the entire time, DW's attorneys could say DW ate the pizza, but only came by to see his friend and steal a car - not torture and murder 4 people. It's preposterous, but we're just trying to figure out how casting suspicion on JW helps DW from the defense attorney's perspective.

They are all trying to save their skin. The girls got the money from the brother who told them to purchase and cash money orders. His brother says it all came from DW. How much more are they willing to talk about? DW is losing his support group. Maybe that's why he says he was set up? kkkkkk

I think the others in the convoy "set up" DW and someone else who had intimate knowledge of the crimes. (I think the convoy people were able to convince LE that they didn't know anything until days after the murders.) If LE gave the other person with knowledge a choice - either help us out or we've got a cell right next to DW's with your name on it... I think the other person would turn state witness for a lesser charge. JMO

ETA: I mean set up as in told LE where they would be so LE could arrest them in exchange for the reward money.

Sorry, when I originally pasted the tweets, I accidentally cut out what's probably the most relevant tweet (in red) when I was reordering things so they would appear in chronological (rather than reverse-chronological) order:

14 May
House Fire Update 3200 Woodland Dr NW MPD & FEMS reports the fire has been extinguished/Investigations continues. Street Closures are: Cont.
Details 15 : 02

Even at the earliest street closure, it still gives JW an hour and 20 minutes to drive there. It is possible for him to have made the trip before the earliest street closure.

Yes, I didn't think that Dominos would be able to ID her by voice (though they might be able to, from memory, compare a voicemail recording and say, 'yes, I think that was her,' or, 'no, sounds nothing like her, the voice was much higher,"). But what I was really wondering was if, since Dominos is a big corporate chain, they record order-takers for QC and training purposes. Lots of companies do, even ones that don't necessarily advertise that they do it.

Do recorded lines have to let the caller know that the line is recorded? I know in some places only one party needs to know that a conversation is being recorded, but I don't know if that applies to phone conversations and/or DC.

Does anyone know if the courtroom was cleared for a portion of Monday's hearing? If it was, that portion of the hearing's transcript can be legally sealed.

Yes, but I want to know "why" :( I just think it was odd or *hesitates to say* unfair that the other four weren't named. They were involved on some level. Unless they were very below average intelligence, they would know they were doing something wrong if not illegal, so that makes them complicit in those actions related specifically to laundering money just the same as the man in the truck who was named.

why why why. :tantrum: I always want to know why. I'm obnoxious that way. :hilarious:
They were only following instructions, didn't know the origin of the money.
Girl 1: "What do you mean by laundering money? I didn't wash any of it. I only bought money orders because he asked me to do it. No I didn't cash any of the money orders, she cashed them."
Girl 2: "Well I didn't wash the money orders, I only cashed them because he asked me to.
Sgt O'Grady: You can go now. :tantrum:

Does anyone know if the courtroom was cleared for a portion of Monday's hearing? If it was, that portion of the hearing's transcript can be legally sealed.

Oh, yeah, and don't bench discussions go into the transcript? I don't know what the law is, but it seems to me that it's possible that that's what is sealed. Interested to hear from any lawyers in the house.

I feel the DNA is enough for an indictment. Especially the pizza crust, it places DW in that house during the crime.
DW or his brother, or his cousin, or two guys who are in prison and one dead person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284