DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find NG's actions suspicious, although I don't rule out that someone she knows got info from her about the families' daily activities. I think she could have unwittingly facilitated this crime, with no knowledge of the plans. I also believe that she is speaking out because she feels terrible about what happened. Most likely, she loved the Savapouloses as if they were family. Likewise, Vera, the other housekeeper. She thought highly enough of her to get her a job with this really nice family, which speaks for itself.

I also don't think she's changing her story, it's just that more is coming out. I think she feels god-awful about what's happened and is purging her soul of all the ugliness that has been invading her mind since learning of the crime, as more and more things start coming together for her. Imagine how you would feel if you missed the "clues" Savvas was desperately (yet delicately) trying to convey? Then add in the language barrier. She is probably kicking herself as she realizes how many vaguely coded messages he gave her which she failed to see the importance of at the time. She has probably gone over that 24-hour period in her mind over and over again in the past few days, wondering what she could have done differently.

Also, if she were truly guilty of anything (more than perhaps speaking too freely about the family to people whom she shouldn't have trusted), she would have lawyered up by now. I think it's reasonable to believe that the police have ruled her out.

I can only imagine how hurtful it is for her to have utter strangers accusing her of somehow being an accomplice. Even if it turns out that there is a link between her and the killer(s), I am certain that she knew nothing about the crime in advance.

JMO

You are right! I cannot see this intelligent guy telling the maid, NG, he was having 40K dropped off. I'll bet she heard him talking to someone, probably by phone, while they were at the Martial Arts Studio. She might have innocently told someone and the info got to these suspects. So these 4 people were killed and tortured for 40K. How horrifying and evil.

It could be someone affiliated with the martial arts studio or AIW who is responsible directly or indirectly for this crime. I've read comments from the Washington Post article Angelo linked that the money could have been for the studio's cash rewards for joining. Was this money in a safe at the studio or directly from a bank? I'm confused on that. Either way, LE will (if they haven't) already figured out where this money came from, as they've been talking to SS's associate who delivered it to the front door.

It the grammar and the way at least some of the texts were written could be key in figuring out if they were written by the victims or the actual perpetrator(s). If they were written by the perpetrator, then the texts could possibly say something about them.

The use of knives in the crime can also help narrow down the list of possible suspects. If any of the weapons were found or if any of the autopsies can show the types of lacerations made or the types of knives used, it will help LE narrow down on who the suspect(s) are if their burns don't prevent that part of the investigation. Part of me wonders if it was done by someone with knife experience, part of me wonders if it was done by someone who comes from a point of view/thought process with no regard for children. Look at gangs and/or those with martial art backgrounds...JMO.

I think it's possible police told family more than they told media, I feel we are suspecting anyone who speaks while there are probably many more (considering the help knew) who knew about the $40k delivery.

Would police then want family be posting it on the internet?

I agree GigiG I think she's a talker by nature and may have talked about the $40k delivery a bit too much, more because she was impressed by it than because she meant harm.

This case.....has really gotten to me. They all do, of course, but then one comes along that makes it hard to concentrate on anything else. I NEED to know what happened to this poor family. I just can't stop thinking about it.

I think the killers knew SS. I think they knew about the money drop-off and were familiar with the schedule of the house. I think that SS was able to make those phone calls to NG and V's husband because he knew who the perps were and perhaps didn't realize how dire the situation was. Maybe he thought they were going to be let go once the money came. And no forced entry because AS recognized them and let them into the house.

I'm not sure I believe NG had anything to do with it. But I do think we'll hear about an arrest really, really soon. That can't be the only surveillance video LE has. Hopefully they're monitoring the killers as I type this and just waiting to get all their ducks in a row.

Every time I think about those poor daughters, my heart breaks for them.

And to hear the little boy screaming in the background of that phone call. To me, it sounds like he's yelling at someone. I hope he gave the killers hell. I hope they have plenty of visible injuries on them so it raises red flags for everyone who knows them.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

jmo

me too. This one is really getting to me and I don't know why it's getting to me more than all of the other horrific ones that I have heard about. But I had a hard time sleeping last night. I'm mostly upset by what they did to this 10 year old boy. I can't believe that they tortured him and then potentially burned him alive.

because the posts are coming so fast and furious here, the thanks button isn't there if the post JUST appeared and yes, refresh should get it there for you.

part of me wants to think the pizza delivery happened BEFORE the hostage situation......but then again why would they normally be eating pizza around midnight?

According to NBC4, investigators have also ruled out the possibility that this is gang related. However they admit that the suspects did "make mistakes."

part of me wants to think the pizza delivery happened BEFORE the hostage situation......but then again why would they normally be eating pizza around midnight?
Clearly after. The family must have been taken hostage before maid went home (otherwise she would be home).
Maid was going to go home at 3 pm.

Clearly after. The family must have been taken hostage before maid went home (otherwise she would be home).
Maid was going to go home at 3 pm.

can someone please refresh my memory? Who said the maid was going home at 3? NG? The maid's husband? I cannot remember. :blushing:

According to NBC4, investigators have also ruled out the possibility that this is gang related. However they admit that the suspects did "make mistakes."

So it's a couple of evil psychopaths that aren't in a gang .. Were stupid and brazen enough to order pizza and knew about the $40k. They could well be connected to the contractors at the martial arts studio .. Perhaps as builders laborers?

Can any of the DC locals out there tell me if it is normal for so much information to trickle out about a highly publicized case such as this? I am in awe of how much information is being released.

me too. This one is really getting to me and I don't know why it's getting to me more than all of the other horrific ones that I have heard about. But I had a hard time sleeping last night. I'm mostly upset by what they did to this 10 year old boy. I can't believe that they tortured him and then potentially burned him alive.

This post made me cry. The child scream in the voicemail haunted my dreams last night too. This is just a terrible crime. I can only hope LE will crack it soon and the perp be brought to justice. JMO as usual

Sorry I don't have the link handy but it was reported, (maybe in the recent pizza link)
that there were 2 cars at SS's. And I believe at least one was parked in the street. Is there street parking? I should Google the street view. Ok, yes there is street parking. My guess is that the family always parked in the driveway but if the perp left and came back why leave the car on the street where neighbors could see them coming and going?

Can any of the DC locals out there tell me if it is normal for so much information to trickle out about a highly publicized case such as this? I am in awe of how much information is being released.

Seems pretty normal to me. There are always leaks in high profile cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member