DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was going to turn himself in, he could have done it from his girlfriends house. There is a manhunt on for him and he knows it.
He is much more likely to get killed while traveling, then to pick up the phone and turn himself in while stationed at girlfriends house.
i hope he does not break in to another house. But it would not surprise me if he does.

It was stated at the presser during Q & A

The suspect's link is through Ironworks

He was employed there at one time

I'm still not sure if he was employed directly with AIW or through one of the minority businesses that SS mentions. I have to wonder if Nelly's company is also one of the five businesses because it still makes no sense that she would know about the $40,000 drop by AIW.

JMO

"Today we mentor five minority owned firms, striving constantly to help them grow into sustainable businesses."
http://www.americanironworks.com/missionStatement.aspx

https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/601434181940486144

WANTED for HOMICIDE: Daron Dylon "Steffon" WINT. Call (202) 727-9099 or text 50411 if you see this individual. http://t.co/Kf1td9nWYR

Here is the latest poster that the DC Police Department has put out in reference to this case.

699bdf0891825cec3d660339d1051007.jpg

He reminds me somewhat of Jessie Matthew but slimmer. Maybe its his dreadlocks.

I wonder if he still has them now that he knows LE knows who he is?

IMO

Is there an emoticon for facepalm? This guy is seriously stupid. And to think, he might've gotten away with it, if only he ate the crusts (which is the best part, by the way).

:facepalm: There you go. Or this one is fitting as well: :laugh:

"A law enforcement source noted that the suspect appeared to have eaten the pizza with gloves on, not realizing that his saliva was being left behind.​ "

I figured it was spit. Idiot. He figured the fire would fix all that.
So he showed up with gloves? Duct tape? A weapon? Gasoline? I doubt he expected to find all this in the house. I've not heard anyone mention how he arrived at the house. Was he in a car or did he arrive on foot because he planned to steal their car? Definitely some planning took place here.

My thanks button is wonky.
Many thanks for keeping me updated. It is much appreciated.

I think that I am on page 3 of this thread.
So I will continue to read.

Thanks again for the information and updates. :tyou:

This case painful to read. I need to take it in small doses. :crying:

I'm still not sure if he was employed directly with AIW or through one of the minority businesses that SS mentions. I have to wonder if Nelly's company is also one of the five businesses because it still makes no sense that she would know about the $40,000 drop by AIW.

JMO

I don't get this either. Did SS call her and tell her he was getting this from his bank while the guy was there holding him hostage???

I don't know why. But as disturbing as this case is, what I find most disturbing is the way he killed. He doused several or all with gasoline. But the child is the one found burned beyond recognition. Which I believe is probably where the fire was started. And if the others died of smoke inhalation as was previously posted, that means he did that purposefully so the rest would have to hear his screams. And know when they stopped.

That was after he got the money and the keys to the car.

cnn reporting girlfriend was picked up by police and is being questioned

I don't believe he'll turn himself in. I think he's buying time with his girlfriend's statement. I worry that he will carjack someone in order to escape.

Wonder if he was he a former employee of AIW or was currently working there??

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already. Regarding prior arrests, do we know if the suspect was convicted in any of them? TIA.

Answering my own question: I know the Mail is not always reliable, but here is what they report: Maryland court records show a person with his name was convicted in 2009 of second-degree assault and sentenced to 30 days in jail.
He was also charged with burglary in 2010 and pleaded guilty to malicious destruction of property, and a protective order also was taken out against him that year, the records show. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-son-DC-mansion-finding-DNA-pizza-crust.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98