DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just rolled my eyes at that. An aggressive watch dog Labrador. My understanding the dog actually was found in the yard. And nobody claimed to have heard excessive barking.
So it wasn't even barking despite family being held inside. Some watch dog.

Depends on the dog. I have a male hundred ten pound yellow lab and he isnt a "friendly" normal lab at all. No one gets in my house without first going through him and he isnt a big fan of men in general. He tends to greet them suddenly and at crouch level if you know what I mean, lol. He is by instinct the best watch dog I have ever had and has recieved no training besides obedience as a puppy. When I let him out to go to the bathroom if I forget to leave the door open he will sit by the door and bark until I come and let him in. I feel confident he would definitely protect me and my family and would have to be separated from us physically to prevent him from protecting us.

Yes, which is why I think he'll be charged with Felony Murder and not straight Murder. Murder and Felony Murder are distinct charges where you have to prove different things, which for Felony Murder what they'd have to prove was he took part in kidnapping when people died without it mattering who did the actual killing versus if he's charged with murder proving that he personally killed them.

Are there any other suspects he could blame this on? So far he is the only one.

I really don't think this was about money at all. he probably just wanted the 40,000 to get away.

this crime is about a sick twisted monster with no soul, imo

He's sounding more and more like a hired hit man and the $40,000 was his payment.

JMO

Oh I'm sure he'll be charged with 4 counts of First Degree Murder as well.

He's sounding more and more like a hired hit man and the $40,000 was his payment.

JMO

A hired hit man with a long standing personal grudge? I don't think so. Who would have hired this buffoon? The second housekeeper again or associates of her, or was she hired too to pass on info?

No, I think he did this himself for personal reasons, cash, and to drive around in a fancy car and feel powerful for a few hours.

Depends on the dog. I have a male hundred ten pound yellow lab and he isnt a "friendly" normal lab at all. No one gets in my house without first going through him and he isnt a big fan of men in general. He tends to greet them suddenly and at crouch level if you know what I mean, lol. He is by instinct the best watch dog I have ever had and has recieved no training besides obedience as a puppy. When I let him out to go to the bathroom if I forget to leave the door open he will sit by the door and bark until I come and let him in. I feel confident he would definitely protect me and my family and would have to be separated from us physically to prevent him from protecting us.

Again, it doesn't appear that supposed aggressive watch dog here did a thing. I am not blaming the dog. Labradors are not known for their aggressive watch dog skills.

I wonder what if any evidence they have showing that he personally committed any violence there. I'm thinking they'll try him for Felony Murder as so far I haven't heard that there's any evidence of him personally committing violence there (which isn't to say he didn't), just they have proof he was in the house.

Since the firefighters quickly extinguished the fire I think they found a whole hell of a lot there connecting him directly to the murders. A lot more than just his DNA found on the pizza. It seems they were able to contain the fire to Philips bedroom. I don't think the fire had been going long before it was noticed. That is a God send because much of the scene wasn't destroyed.

I still say with his prior conviction of sexual assault they very well may find his DNA with the two murdered females and he is such a sadistic a-hole who knows he may have sexually abused both males as well. I put nothing past him. I think he is capable of anything. Also if the scene is bloody as it probably is where the three adults were bound and torture his bloody fingerprints and even shoe impressions could be everywhere.

JMO though

Wow. If she did know then she should have immediately called LE the minute he left or sooner. I hope they charge her with harboring a dangerous fugitive if that is the case.

And if he commits more crimes, then she is partly responsible IMO

I saw an earlier post where LE said they found her by pinging her phone so it sounds like she was not about to tell LE of his visit. Grrrrrrrr

Could be both...LE tracked GF via her cell pings and she called LE after he left in early morn hours:

Authorities were led to New York City in their search for Wint after the man's girlfriend, who lives in Brooklyn, called police and said he had been staying with her, according to law enforcement sources. The woman, who has not been named, claimed Wint was headed back to Washington, D.C., to turn himself in. The New York City Police Department told Fox News that a Brooklyn home was searched Thursday in the case.

"We had information to believe he may be here, and right now in the South Brooklyn area," New York City Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce told reporters Thursday. "He has some relatives here and some friends here. We’re investigating that with them right now."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...spect-in-quadruple-murder-at-upscale-dc-home/

Latest from NBC4 local news:

Savopoulos said he was going to an auction, told his staff to round up whatever money was available.
Assistant delivered cash to the garage

Suspect worked as welder at AIW from 2003-2005
Had relative who was fired from AIW, more recently but not real recently

What!?? The suspect has a relative that also worked fot AIW and was FIRED???? Who?? Could this our 2nd suspect???

There is video evidence as well. This IMO will be first degree murder.

I just rolled my eyes at that. An aggressive watch dog Labrador. My understanding the dog actually was found in the yard. And nobody claimed to have heard excessive barking.
So it wasn't even barking despite family being held inside. Some watch dog.

I have a 20 pound BEAGLE who is more aggressive than this Lab was. (I grew up with Labs.)
When one of my children cries out because they got a scratch she goes into defensive mode.
Our other Beagle jumped up on my daughter and scratched her accidentally.
She went NUTS and chased him to the other side of the house.

When DH hugs me and playfully growls she will even bark at HIM.
(DH finds it very funny.)

If she was OUTSIDE and one of my children (or even myself) was screaming inside like Phillip was?
The entire CITY would know and the cops would be called long before that much time had passed... just due to her noise.
She would bark and howl until she lost her voice or someone did something. :twocents:

I find it very hard to believe that a family who would have had strangers around a lot... had a dog that would attack any stranger.
Seems like that would have led to a lawsuit by this point. :twocents:

I am with the others who simply doubt anything this housekeeper says at this point. :twocents:

really? I don't see this looking like a hit at all. this guy is a sadistic killer......but he's an idiot.

what kind of hitman leaves dna on pizza crust?

Are there any other suspects he could blame this on? So far he is the only one.

The DA would have to prove it was him personally rather than it being up to him to disprove it, which is why I don't think they'll go that route unless other evidence turns up (like it sounds like he may have confessed to his GF, which depending on how that went she could testify to that confession for the DA, which with her confession of his that could make it straight Murder instead of Felony Murder). I just don't know how valid it is with it being reported that he told his GF he was going to turn himself in or the media is getting it wrong.

really? I don't see this looking like a hit at all. this guy is a sadistic killer......but he's an idiot.

what kind of hitman leaves dna on pizza crust?

ETA what kind of hitman orders pizza in the first place?

Your dog sounds like a treasure. Taz (my profile pic) is also 110 lbs. & greets everyone at crotch level. Unfortunately, I think an intruder would have to trip over him, in order to be deterred. Who knows, maybe I'm underestimating his protective instinct, but once again, I hope I don't have to find out.

Crime just doesn't pay anymore, does it?

Is there an emoticon for facepalm? This guy is seriously stupid. And to think, he might've gotten away with it, if only he ate the crusts (which is the best part, by the way).

I used to work in law enforcement. Gallows humor is my only coping mechanism.

Again, it doesn't appear that supposed aggressive watch dog here did a thing. I am not blaming the dog. Labradors are not known for their aggressive watch dog skills.

As I have kept up with other cases over the years just like this where dogs were inside the home I have come to the determination that dogs also can sense and fear evil especially when it is happening to their loved ones.

We have a false sense of security if we think our dogs will save or protect us. Dogs are as unpredictable as human beings. We shouldn't even rely on them to do that. If we were invaded the first thing beyond protecting my husband and myself would be to protect our two dogs whom we love and are like our children. I would never want them to try and save me and be killed or injured by the perpetrator.

A good example of this was in the Jessica Lunsford case. The inside dog was sleeping with Jessica in her bed when Couey came in and kidnapped her and the dog did not bark and the grandparents never heard a thing.

Another example of this was in the Greone murder case. They had two large pit-bulls inside their home. Duncan knew it even before he invaded the home because he had cased the home out for a day or so before entering. He told Shasta he thought he would have to kill the dogs first. Instead they whimpered, ran to the dining room,hid under the table and never came out. They never attacked or barked even though Shasta's older brother said no stranger would ever be able to get into their home with his attack dogs there. He was wrong unfortunately.

And there have been other cases as well.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members