DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No that's not right because anyone involved in a crime that ends in murder can be charged with murder, even a driver who sat outside in the car the whole time.

You are describing Felony Murder, which felony murder is a type of murder just it is different what you have to prove. A getaway driver is the classic definition of someone who would be charged with Felony Murder.

I agree-if all the people Mr. Savopoulos talked to, while he was being held hostage & trying to drop hints, didn't pick up on his distress, we shouldn't blame the dogs. That's the only small shred of decency I can see in this situation, is that they weren't harmed as their family was.

I am not blaming the dog. I was just amazed by the description that came from NG who described the dog as an aggressive guard dog Labrador.

You are describing Felony Murder, which felony murder is a type of murder just it is different what you have to prove. A getaway driver is the classic definition of someone who would be charged with Felony Murder.

This crime would fall into both categories for him though wouldn't it? If another person acted out the crime with him are you saying individual acts would need to be proven? If so then charge him with felony murder x 4 + robbery and arson and make it easy on the state to lock him up for life no parole.

This crime would fall into both categories for him though wouldn't it? If another person acted out the crime with him are you saying individual acts would need to be proven? If so then charge him with felony murder x 4 + robbery and arson and make it easy on the state to lock him up for life no parole.

Felony murder is charged when there are multiple suspects and police can't prove who did what. Here we only have one suspect (at least so far). I fail to see why felony murder would come into any consideration.

I am not blaming the dog. I was just amazed by the description that came from NG who described the dog as an aggressive watch dog Labrador.

I saw the video of handlers removing the two dogs (labs or retrievers) from the yard. Looked as sweet as can be. I had a chocolate who was 105 lbs and intimidating, until he licked you silly. His bark was scary, but he was a lovable goofball.

I saw the video of handlers removing the two dogs (labs or retrievers) from the yard. Looked as sweet as can be. I had a chocolate who was 105 lbs and intimidating, until he licked you silly. His bark was scary, but he was a lovable goofball.

That's what I am saying.
These are not aggressive guard dogs. They didn't even bark (not blaming the dogs).

BBM

The problem for him is that his childhood was spent in Guyana. So he does not have his childhood homies to help him out here. Luckily for the rest of us.

Probably some of the childhood friends from Jamaica and Guyana moved to the U.S. just as he did. It appeared that way on his social media posts..

if anything, his issues with the family/father were personal.......I am not saying he doesn't have an accomplice or more.

but I seriously doubt he was hired to do it. he had enough motivation on his own.

and the victims are paying for their own hit in this scenario, don't take this the wrong way, but that makes zero sense at all.

JMO

I'm on the fence about him possibly being "hired" to do it. I don't see it as impossible for it to be set up this way... Someone conspiring with DW to extort money from the S family as a ransom. Maybe a case of, "hey, you have the ability to pull this off... take them hostage, have them pay you X amount of dollars to think you'll free them. Then, kill them and torch the house. You get you're money and valuables from the house and I get to move into his vacated position". Or something like that.

I know, it does seem crazy... but so does killing a family and their housekeeper and then setting the home on fire.

Who knows???

if there are more then him involved, you can get conspiracy along with felony murder........no one involved in this (if there is even more then one is gonna ever see freedom again unless there's some major screwup by the porsecution and he walks on a technicality.

That's what I am saying.
These are not aggressive guard dogs. They didn't even bark (not blaming the dogs).

BBM. Respectfully, nobody knows if the dogs barked or not nor does it matter. I think they were family pets and not trained guard dogs.

JMO

That's what I am saying.

I didn't think you were blaming the dogs, I know Taz would trip ME for a pizza bone. It's easier to focus on the dogs, rather than what might have gone on in that house (which is the stuff of nightmares).

If you look at his Facebook friends, at least half don't work. ("Self-$employed") one hundred thousand dollars would be a real sweet payday. They're going to find this loser anyway...this is a chance for big money for someone..but only one person is going to nail it.

He'll be in a box for the rest of his life. No fear. Who will be first to step up for the 100 GRAND!

Wow, wouldn't it be great if LE could access his FB account and post on it what he is wanted for and that there is a $100,000 reward for him. Might be the best way to get the attention of this friends.

He may well have personally committed the murders, just I think it would be far easier to try him under Felony Murder based on what we know so far. Under straight Murder and Felony Murder you have to prove specific acts, just what acts you have to prove differ. Under straight Murder you wouldn't for instance have to prove that any kidnapping or robbery took place, but you would have to prove that the accused personally did the killing in a premeditated (or at least reckless if going for M2) way. While for Felony Murder you do not have to prove any premeditation or that the accused even touched the victims, but you have to prove they were a participant in the underlying violent felony that resulted in the family getting killed (for Felony Murder you can be found guilty of that even if someone dies of a heart attack without any intention of the felons to kill anyone). Based on what I've heard, it sounds like it would be easier to prove this guy was a participant in the underlying felony that resulted in deaths than proving he personally wielded the murder weapon.

I'm on the fence about him possibly being "hired" to do it. I don't see it as impossible for it to be set up this way... Someone conspiring with DW to extort money from the S family as a ransom. Maybe a case of, "hey, you have the ability to pull this off... take them hostage, have them pay you X amount of dollars to think you'll free them. Then, kill them and torch the house. You get you're money and valuables from the house and I get to move into his vacated position". Or something like that.

I know, it does seem crazy... but so does killing a family and their housekeeper and then setting the home on fire.

Who knows???

Exactly. It is a possibility, considering the victim was a wealthy CEO. I seriously doubt Wint thought this up all by himself.

JMO

I didn't think you were blaming the dogs, I know Taz would trip ME for a pizza bone. It's easier to focus on the dogs, rather than what might have gone in that house (which is the stuff of nightmares).

Your dog is adorable :)

I'm saying he was hired by someone who knew the money was going to be delivered.

JMO

But no one knew about the delivery until Thursday morning when Savvas started the transaction. At that time the murderer had been in the home for some hours.

I am sorry but that theory just doesn't make sense to me, MyBelle. And I haven't picked up on one thing the Police Chief has said that remotely supports that theory either.

I am sure he did plan it out as a lot of robbery/murders are planned and premeditated beforehand but that sure doesn't make him a hit man anymore than the goons who went in and killed the Petit family.

I don't even think this guy did it for revenge because a family member was fired and he may have been fired by a sub-contractor that worked for AIW. This guy doesn't give a crap about anyone else including his family. His own father and step-mother are terrified of him and have been for sometime now taking a RO out on him.

So he didn't give a crap that his family member got fired. Anyone looking at his FB page can clearly see he was a misfit and a narcissist that only cares about himself.

This was done for the same age old motive that has happened forever and nothing more, imo. GREED...the root of all evil. There have always been those who take from others who work hard and will do whatever it takes including murder to get it too. Just like the scum who murdered the Petit family for the same reason.

IMO

I appreciated the news just now on NBCWashington because they referenced all 4 names of the deceased, not just the 3 names and the "housekeeper". They said Veralicia Figueroa. I wish more news stations did that.

OMG my friend sent me the link of a report in this case in our MSM they say NG dropped the 40k to the house in a briefcase and that several neighbors saw the "piza " being delivered, seriously this is from a MSM news source I found credible until... now! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffanylynne82