DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy for anyone to purchase one of those high visibility vests...I wonder if the fragment is actually from a Waste Management vest, or just a plain, unmarked vest without a company logo.

Agreed, many sources for safety vests:
Big box home improvement/building supply stores (Lowes, Home Depot, McCoys, etc).
Hardware stores (Ace, True Value, mom & pop, etc).
Sporting good stores (big box, like Dicks, Sports Authority, running or cycling stores).
Truck stops.
Online.

And as someone else mentioned -
safety vests w company-employer logo from utilities, state-road depts, etc,
so current or former employees have or may have.

JM2cts.

Certainly possible. She didn't seem super bright though -- seemed defensive about some of the things being stated.

Some of the posters were joking about it and I thought she handled it quite well. I have no doubt she is who she says she is.

Just a thought...what would $40,000 US equate to in El Salvadorian money?

'Didn't read the tweets, don't know that she's the one who posted the comments, don't know that she's related. I just noticed the name/number matched. ;) I don't know a darned thing :silenced:

She says she's related in the tweets, and her latest tweet features pictures of the family and a message about seeking justice.

Sometime after the cash arrived, the home was set on fire, leading to the discovery of the bodies.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ur-Dead-Savopoulos-Housekeeper-304439421.html

Ransom, pure and simple IMO
Who has that amount of cash delivered to their home and if they do, how many people do they tell?
And who leaves a pkge outside with that amount of cash without questioning it?

If SS owed the money to contractors (which I am not feeling..) why would he pay cash and have no business write off or record.
Doesn't sound like something a smart business man would do

Does it say what time of day or night NG was informed of the delivery for Thursday.

I don't think the reasons given matter that much. Savvas could have made up any reason for the money to be delivered when he knew all along it is what the hostage takers demanded.

IMO

Does it say what time of day or night NG was informed of the delivery for Thursday.

I don't think the reasons given matter that much. Savvas could have made up any reason for the money to be delivered when he knew all along it is what the hostage takers demanded.

IMO

I don't think so

Up thread someone said it was part of the police report so I am not sure if she read it as we did or if she knew before

I believe I read a statement early on that the surviving housekeeper/assistant was to be a the martial arts studio on Thurs? Who said that, anyone remember? Is this legitimate reason for her knowledge or a 'coincidence'?

Wow. Is there anything needed to commit this crime Ms. Gutierrez doesn't know? That one right there sort of makes me extra-extra suspicious of her. Or at least of information she was able to provide to someone. Even if by accident. And why is she just now mentioning this truly pertinent tidbit?

ok. Up until now I have really tried to give her benefit of doubt. After her openly talking to media multiple times, I am now convinced it had to be someone that knew her.

Im still not sure if she helped orchestrate this but I am going to have to assume the perp(s) got their information from her about the cash.

Could this be a case of "Loose Lips Sink Ships" OR is this the Captain herself.

'Didn't read the tweets, don't know that she's the one who posted the comments, don't know that she's related. I just noticed the name/number matched. ;) I don't know a darned thing :silenced:

The photo on the comments section and the photo on twitter are the same. I also found her FB and did a mutual relationship check between her and every known family member of the Savopoulos and there were no links. She or they never have mentioned each other in postings, none of the "friends" are the same, no associated family members. Same through instagram, youtube, and twitter. She has a heck of a internet footprint but no associations with the family other then what she has posted since May 15th.

I know the package has been referenced in early news stories, but has the $40,000 amount?

If it was $40,000, it could be all that SS was able to get out of an account at that time. A bigger cash withdrawal might have required more verification or longer wait period, and the perps took what they could get.

But, did they get it?! Wasn't the package there when the firefighters arrived??

JMO.

I believe I read a statement early on that the surviving housekeeper/assistant was to be a the martial arts studio on Thurs? Who said that, anyone remember? Is this legitimate reason for her knowledge or a 'coincidence'?

This is all I can find

Gutierrez said in the interview that Savvas Savopoulos had asked her to help at the studio on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, instead of at the couple’s home on Thursday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

The photo on the comments section and the photo on twitter are the same. I also found her FB and did a mutual relationship check between her and every known family member of the Savopoulos and there were no links. She or they never have mentioned each other in postings, none of the "friends" are the same, no associated family members. Same through instagram, youtube, and twitter. She has a heck of a internet footprint but no associations with the family other then what she has posted since May 15th.

So I wonder how she knew about the $40,000 before that information was made public?

Good sleuthing.

Thats amazing and you are right it shows how easy this could happen.

I think a good law should be passed that requirs ALL utility companies to notify homeowners in writing and by phone before doing scheduled mainteance or checking meters.

I have had electric company people show up and start to work in the yard like they own the place.

It's a bit of a running joke (but a safety precaution, nonetheless) for me to post the following status on Facebook ...

"If anything happens to me or I go missing, it was 'fill-in-the-blank' from Time Warner Cable."

...after they call me to make sure I'm at home and I catch their name. I don't play around w/ my safety. I love Websleuths but it does tend to make me paranoid at times!

It's better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "niece" commenting on the Fox site is just peculiar. That was the first mention of the $40k amount that I saw. Who did she talk to to get that information? That was a few days ago.
She also states "They were forced to call and text." Nobody would know that except one of the criminals or a co-conspirator. Everyone else is dead. She also says that Amy "saved the life of the housekeeper." That seems like a contradiction. She just said they were forced to send those messages. So was Amy saving a life or was she being forced?

I think the "niece" is someone posing as her in order to speak with authority and steer opinion. Or else she needs an interview from the police.

CNN just did an update on the story, and specifically mentioned that a package with $40K had been dropped off.

They also said the family was "bound" and held for a period of time (I think they said 24 hours?) and that "one of the family members was tortured".

They said they have one POI who is the guy in the video. They did not mention the pizza.

This is all I can find

Gutierrez said in the interview that Savvas Savopoulos had asked her to help at the studio on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, instead of at the couple’s home on Thursday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

This is 1 of her statements that really has me questioning about her being possibly involved.

The sheer coincidence of not having to be there Thursday is bad enough BUT

Notice what this is saying. "Tuesday too !!!"

This is huge because this means she would have gotten this sort of message on Monday. Right?

Which is not jiving with what we see transpired about the texts for her not showing up to the house on Thursday. Because that only came about because the other maid spent the night Wednesday. That was all new stuff that happened Wednesday.

So I dont think I believe her now.

if she's not a family member that's posting about it and she knew about the 40,000, then we would have to possibly conclude that she is a conspirator, whoever she is?

CNN just did an update on the story, and specifically mentioned that a package with $40K had been dropped off.

They also said the family was "bound" and held for a period of time (I think they said 24 hours?) and that "one of the family members was tortured".

They said they have one POI who is the guy in the video. They did not mention the pizza.

Did they give a source for the $40K amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MLCS