DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She wasn't in a flurry of morning phone calls. Why in the world would assistant call a housekeeper about a money drop? She told a newspaper she didn't know anything about the money. So she probably found out after the fact then started telling other knewspapers she knew about the money.
I believe the OP was referring to who SS called that morning until noon. He called her to tell her that other maid had spent the night and to notify anyone who might be concerned. So, NG was among the many phone calls SS made that morning.

Maybe the police shouldn't have said that publicly.....and maybe they could have arrested him at home, probably watching TV coverage of his acts.

I am pretty sure they tried to arrest him before releasing this information but he was already gone.

I believe the OP was referring to who SS called that morning until noon. He called her to tell her that other maid had spent the night and to notify anyone who might be concerned. So, NG was among the many phone calls SS made that morning.

No, he left her a voicemail on Wednesday. In the morning she got a text message from Amy telling her not to come.
So she wasn't in a flurry of phone calls Thursday morning.

It occurs to me that DW had to wait, a little while after the money drop, because too many people were outside the home... the maid's husband, the landscapers, etc were all there and he didn't want anyone to see him leave.

No, he left her a voicemail on Wednesday. In the morning she got a text message from Amy telling her not to come.
So she wasn't in a flurry of phone calls Thursday morning.
OK, this is a mess...so damn confusing but I think you are correct. It has been reported she didn't retrieve her messages til the morning.

The Petit case is one that has haunted me for years :(

I hope they catch everyone involved as soon as possible.

May the family rest in peace. That poor child :(

On CNN has Press Conference coming up soon.

I believe it started when the officer that was killed recognized them from the photos.

I hope no one has to die to capture this scum and whoever might be his accomplice(s) :(

The officer was just sitting in his squad car and they snuck up on him from behind and killed him so they could get his weapon.

I don't think the officer even got to look them in the face. He was just in the wrong place at a terrible time.

That's one version. But in other interviews, after saying she worked at the Dojo all day, she says the drop-off was "scheduled." That means the drop-off was planned ahead...I think in different tellings...she leaves herself open for people to interpret her role any way they wish. She went from a "know-nothing" to knowing all about it.

Maybe the facts are muddled because the purpose of the cash changed. Maybe it WAS originally for something business-related, but was never supposed to go to the house. Maybe SS thought of it as a last-ditch effort to give the guy enough of something to let them go. Maybe SS thought to offer a big wad of money that he could get delivered to the house, because it was already gathered to go somewhere. So he made a bunch of phone calls and made it happen.

Maybe the psychopath's intent was just to kill some rich people and take a fancy car. Then SS tried to buy their lives with a promise of money in the morning. And he killed them anyway. Because he's a psychopath. If he got into the house at the right time, he would only have to get control of one or two people at once. Then when SS gets home, he already has hostages. There are a ton of suspicious coincidences that are ripe for interpretation and make me think someone close to the family was involved. But I can also see how this could be a solo act.

Anybody want to revisit the burned out mansion of COO Don Pyle that killed him, his wife, and four grandchildren in January? That was Annapolis, MD. It was incinerated and burned to the ground with the family inside. Remains were for sure too burned to determine cause of death. It took days to even find remains. What if this guy gets gigs at wealthy people's fundraisers at their homes? Both families did this. At these affairs there are a lot of caterers, servers, always valet parking, bartenders, coat-takers, etc. Meanwhile the help has free reign of the home and the grounds. I've been to many of these events. It would be a great way to get access for a plan.

Far-fetched?

What time was Amy's car seen driving fast down the street and on what day?
I have forgotten

It occurs to me that DW had to wait, a little while after the money drop, because too many people were outside the home... the maid's husband, the landscapers, etc were all there and he didn't want anyone to see him leave.

So I've been trying to find this - the landscapers were there on Thursday?

Tamron Hall on msnbc just said DC police say DW might be in NYC area

I am not a business owner so forgive my ignorance but under what circumstances would they need $40,000 in CASH on opening day? I can see needing cash for the cash register, or general expenses....but I wonder why the reason for the request (assuming that is indeed what SS told his banker, associate, etc.) didn't trigger extreme suspicions.

I think he could have acted alone, especially since it seems that all three adults were not present when he first entered the home. It's feasible that he would be able to subdue each person one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98