DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
General Contracting...can't read the rest.
(re sign in S home driveway --- "BDC Companies" and "202-258-7586.")

Thank you Tarheel for seeing this ^.

I wonder if DDW was ever employed by BDC?
Or other co,
whose sign also leaned against brick fence-wall, in photo?

BTW. The BDC facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/BDC-Companies-LLC/585865464843609?sk=info&tab=page_info
"Providing excellence in General Contractor services in the Washington D.C. area
for over 22 years
."
Not very active, entries from Mar & Ap 2014.
Shows a client 1860 era, 5080 sqft home reno. featured in WSJ in 2010, w 10-pix slideshow.
Tasteful.

Could the perp have been carrying a floor safe in the video of the perp running? I keep thinking that it reminded me of something else other than a 5 gallon bucket.

https://www.google.com/search?q=flo...OqsAWknIHYAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1440&bih=705

Possible. Whatever was in there was heavy IMO because he switched hands while carrying it. I thought it looked like a bucket though, with a handle. I noticed he carried it by the lip on top rather than the handle, which led me to think it was unstable and would tip over if carried by the handle. Like all the weight would shift to one side?

DC death penalty:
The District's death penalty was nullified by the Supreme Court decision in Furman v. Georgia in 1972 and repealed by the D.C. Council in 1981. District residents voted 2-1 against the death penalty in a 1992 referendum ordered by Congress. Prior to the referendum, the D.C. Council passed legislation allowing for a sentencing option of life without parole for first-degree murder. Lawmakers touted the legislation as an alternative to the reinstatement of the death penalty.

In 1997, the D.C. Council's Judiciary Committee rejected a bill to permit capital punishment for the murder of public safety employees. The bill was proposed by then-Mayor Marion Barry.

Other interesting facts

For most of its history, Washington, D.C. was governed by federal statutes. Although D.C. now has its own code of laws, it is still subject to Congressional oversight. The federal government has sought the death penalty in murder cases that occurred in D.C.

Hanging and electrocution are the only methods of execution that have been used in the District of Columbia.

Someone else earlier in the thread surmised there might be a female involved. That's looking like a distinct possibility right now.

And she called the police? This would be the most perfect couple ever

BBM

This one has me a bit confused. Couldn't DDW be considered both? He is a black male from a latino country (Guyana, South America)

Heard on CNN report that he is a citizen of Jamaica

Does not matter a bit though where he's from nor his ethnicity, race, whether or not he's on welfare etc: He's a predator and likely a psychopath:

<snip> [09:15:01] COSTELLO: Right now a manhunt is underway in the nation's capital after a grisly murder in a wealthy Washington neighborhood.

Police are now searching for this man, 34-year-old Daron Dylon Wint. We pulled up his arrest record and it turns out he is a Jamaican citizen who has served time for assault and burglary. Wint is now accused now of killing and torturing a Washington, D.C. couple, their 10-year-old child and the family housekeeper.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1505/21/cnr.01.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...05b6b2a4_story.html?tid=hybrid_linearcol_1_na

"She (NG) said the house is guarded by an aggressive watch dog, a Labrador named Ginger, and thinks that an intruder may have gotten in through an open back-yard gate while the dog was taken out for a walk."

I wonder if this is how the dogs ended up outside- maybe the HK or Amy was out walking the dog, and he got on the grounds then and went from there.

The one thing I still haven't figured out is how did he get to the house? Did he leave a car parked somewhere? Did he go with someone else, and they left in that car and he took the Porsche? I can't imagine a strange car with people sitting in it waiting for someone to walk a dog could linger for a really long time in that neighborhood without being noticed.

This guy is not going to turn himself in to police. Why would he? He is looking at the death penalty now and has nothing to loose by running. I hope the girlfriend caves and tells police what she knows.

Someone said earlier DC has no death penalty

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...05b6b2a4_story.html?tid=hybrid_linearcol_1_na

"She (NG) said the house is guarded by an aggressive watch dog, a Labrador named Ginger, and thinks that an intruder may have gotten in through an open back-yard gate while the dog was taken out for a walk."

I wonder if this is how the dogs ended up outside- maybe the HK or Amy was out walking the dog, and he got on the grounds then and went from there.

The one thing I still haven't figured out is how did he get to the house? Did he leave a car parked somewhere? Did he go with someone else, and they left in that car and he took the Porsche? I can't imagine a strange car with people sitting in it waiting for someone to walk a dog could linger for a really long time in that neighborhood without being noticed.

Do we know the fate of the dog?

I'm so done with reports based on NG's speculation. UGH!!!

That question is one of the factors that has convinced me (and perhaps police) that there might have been a second person. While the area where Savopoulos lives is accessible by mass transit, it is by no means quick or convenient (or reliable).

Do we know the fate of the dog?

I remember early reports stating that there were dogs in the backyard when the firefighters showed up, so it sounds like they were alive if those early reports were true. I don't remember where I read that offhand, but can try to find an article.

This guy is not going to turn himself in to police. Why would he? He is looking at the death penalty now and has nothing to loose by running. I hope the girlfriend caves and tells police what she knows.

Exactly- this guy is dead man walking now. Between all the horrific details released, pictures of him in the media, possible coconspirators who would want to silence him- he'd almost be better off dead.

Am following this but not at 100%. How does the $40,000 figure in? Who requested it be delivered to the house? Who delivered it? Was the money in the house at the time of the murder? Is this amount of money delivered to the house routinely?

That question is one of the factors that has convinced me (and perhaps police) that there might have been a second person. While the area where Savopoulos lives is accessible by mass transit, it is by no means quick or convenient (or reliable).
He only needed a quick and convenient escape.

There is absolutely nothing amusing about this case, except for how this guy got tagged - upthread there is a quote from the suspect's unnamed stepmother in which she says he thinks he is smarter than everyone and knows the law better than anyone. This genius went to the effort of concealing his identity, disabling security cameras, setting the crime scene and getaway car on fire... only to leave uneaten pizza crusts at the scene? And his DNA is in the system because he has been arrested so many times, which he had to have known. I mean, c'mon guy. What an idiot (thank goodness).

Just to say I voted this for post of the day: )

Am following this but not at 100%. How does the $40,000 figure in? Who requested it be delivered to the house? Who delivered it? Was the money in the house at the time of the murder? Is this amount of money delivered to the house routinely?

Some answers aren't entirely clear, but SS started trying to get the $40K at around 7 AM on Thursday and had it delivered by his personal assistant and then shortly after that the fire and murders occurred. I do really want to know if receiving large cash sums at the private residence was usual as knowing SS receives large untraceable piles of money at his house could make him a huge target. I'm shocked his bank allowed it without him having to go into the bank and sign for it and that his accountant and AIW exec wouldn't for instance have personally gone over to talk to him about it or deliver it themselves given how getting the money out of the bank itself could invite a random robber who saw the large cash withdrawal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiodial