DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvelous, I'm in NY as well.
Upstate, in the valley, Catskill's to the West and the gorgeous Adirondack's to the North.

He has connections to Oswego. If he boarded a bus or train upstate, I'm pretty certain they will have him on surveillance.

Latest from NBC4 local news:

Savopoulos said he was going to an auction, told his staff to round up whatever money was available.
Assistant delivered cash to the garage

Suspect worked as welder at AIW from 2003-2005
Had relative who was fired from AIW, more recently but not real recently

Why wasnt the girlfriend arrested for helping him hide?

If the perp never told her what he did then she may not have known unless she somehow caught a breaking news story about him. She said he left in the morning so its possible she did not know.

I am pretty sure LE will check out her story and check her out carefully.
Harboring a fugitive like this would not be wise.

Maybe because of the shepherd mix. FWIW IMO from personal experience even a docile dog can attack to defend it's owner. If they were in the yard running free I don't think they were that much aggressive, they are Labs.
On the other hand, completely OT but once my neighbour beat his wife and baby and his faithful Doberman attacked him with no mercy and no one dared to interfere, we just got the wife and baby out of the house and locked him inside until LE and medics arrived, the guy was very much damaged by the attack, sad part is they put the dog down because of the attack.

That is a sad part. They should have put the husband down.

He has connections to Oswego. If he boarded a bus or train upstate, I'm pretty certain they will have him on surveillance.

Okay, thanks so much for the info. DH just turned on the telly we are waiting for news.
Stay safe!

if he was in the house in anyway as part of the crime it wont matter whether he was the one doing all of the killing or some of the killing or none of the killing. he's going down forever....unless he's gonna do a Jodi arias 'the ninjas did it and I fled in a panic' nonsense.

Re reward. "Originally Posted by jjenny Hey, 100k don't grow on trees."

jjenny and momoffourboys, I'm sure you're right, but I'm heading outside
to check my trees, bushes, plants (mainly cactus), you know, just in case.

Seriously, where did figure re $100,000 award originate?
A few days ago, I read $100,000 award in a comment on MSM.
A few hrs ago, someone posted here image of poster for DDW, w $25,000 reward,
IIRC, for info leading to arrest & conviction, shown at PC Lanier's presser ~12:30 DC time.
Any links re $100,000 award?

D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department is still investigating the case and has offered a reward of up to $100,000, $25,000 for each of the four victims, to anyone who gives a tip that leads to the arrest and conviction of a suspect.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-fire-friend-dc-blaze-victim-calls-devoted/story?id=31178190

Also in 2010, Wint was arrested outside the American Iron Works headquarters while carrying a 2-foot-long machete and a BB pistol, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol in a retail area, court records show.

http://www.startribune.com/suspect-named-in-killing-of-wealthy-dc-family-housekeeper/304531171/

This story has interesting sound bites from NG & Robin Flicker (identified as Wint's former attorney). DDW is sounding more & more like a seriously sick individual. & they shouldn't call him a Marine, if he washed out after a few days of basic training.

Edited- now, the DailyMail is calling him a 'wannabe' & 'failed' Marine, after dropping out after 5 weeks.

I'm assuming his dreadlocks are gone and he's shaved his head by now.

and I'd be checking every Mega bus going anywhere...

I was driving when the news conference was on and it was very interesting. That's why I love my CNN on Sirius.

Can she be charged with harboring him since she clearly knew he was on the run?

I wonder what if any evidence they have showing that he personally committed any violence there. I'm thinking they'll try him for Felony Murder as so far I haven't heard that there's any evidence of him personally committing violence there (which isn't to say he didn't), just they have proof he was in the house.

What was he doing in the house? Just eating pizza? People can put 2 and 2 together.

I really don't think this was about money at all. he probably just wanted the 40,000 to get away.

this crime is about a sick twisted monster with no soul, imo

Not if the following is correct.....

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-DNA-New-York-Daron-Dylon-Wint-304570831.html

No way in H-E-Double Hockey sticks she didn't know he was wanted for the crime.

Wow. If she did know then she should have immediately called LE the minute he left or sooner. I hope they charge her with harboring a dangerous fugitive if that is the case.

And if he commits more crimes, then she is partly responsible IMO

I saw an earlier post where LE said they found her by pinging her phone so it sounds like she was not about to tell LE of his visit. Grrrrrrrr

What was he doing in the house? Just eating pizza? People can put 2 and 2 together.

Yes, which is why I said I think he'll be tried for Felony Murder and not straight Murder. Murder and Felony Murder are distinct charges where you have to prove different things, which for Felony Murder what they'd have to prove was he took part in kidnapping when people died without it mattering who did the actual killing versus if he's charged with Murder proving that he personally killed them. So far I've heard they've put him in the house due to the pizza, not that they can put any weapon in his hands to the exclusion of an accomplice doing the actual killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiodial