DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NYPD doesn't believe he is in the Brooklyn area per GVS

According to a police source and Gutierrez, the employee says Savopoulos was going to use the cash at an auction for the martial arts center he planned to open the next day in Chantilly, Virginia.

If that was the plan, then it was known ahead of Thursday morning.

IMO that is the story that Savopoulos told. He wasn't about to say he needed ransom monies.

Here's post from runnergal on thread 1

"I live a few blocks away so have been following closely and wanted to share something I saw on the local news early that day but have not seen anywhere else online. At least one of the local stations talked to who a guy who said his brother was with a cleaning crew that was scheduled to be there that day, but that he hadn't been able to get in touch with his brother all day. I thought this was particularly interesting."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-4-mysterious-deaths&p=11776309#post11776309

The thing about NG is, she talks a lot about the case, and the press does not make clear what she knew before hand, and what info she has found out since the crime, and I think this is the main reason she seems to be giving two stories. I personally believe that she had no prior knowledge of money being dropped off, and think she spoke the truth when she reportedly said that she had never heard of large sums of money being brought to the house. I believe her when she claims she had no knowledge of the 40k, because no one did until it was arranged on Thursday morning. I believe she talked to the personal assistant who brought the money, and has talked to others in the know about the facts of the case, and this information is being reported as well, which makes it confusing since they are not specifying that NG has since learned that the 40k had been delivered. It is just being said that she knew 40k was delivered.

playing devil's advocate and thinking like defense counsel for one second... his DNA on pizza crust merely proves he ate that piece of pizza, not that he did anything more AT THIS POINT. They will have a lot more evidence soon IMO.

We can argue about this until cows come home. NG also claimed she knew nothing about the money being dropped of in published msm reports. If you want to believe the story she told one newspaper but not the other, so be it.

I'm not arguing, I am expressing MY opinion based on the fact sources within LE are also talking to the media and saying the same thing as NG.

According to a police source and Gutierrez, the employee says Savopoulos was going to use the cash at an auction for the martial arts center he planned to open the next day in Chantilly, Virginia.

The Savopoulos' housekeeper, Nelitza Gutierrez, told FOX 5's Paul Wagner that this employee told her that he dropped off the cash on Thursday morning. Sources say he picked up the cash earlier that morning from the American Iron Works company owned by Savopoulos.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29129466/savopoulos-assistant

This combined with other reports that there were a series of calls organising the cash starting at 7am between SS, his accountant, a financial institution and his company do tell us that the money was not planned to be dropped off at the house UNTIL it was needed for ransom. Yes, there have been conflicting accounts in media, mostly because people who choose to have a lot to say have decided to do their own investigation (NG) then tell the papers.

I'm not arguing, I am expressing MY opinion based on the fact sources within LE are also talking to the media and saying the same thing as NG.

It's clear to me that when SS called the bank on Thursday morning, and his assistant, he obviously didn't tell them he needed money for ransom. He used a cover story. So the cover story was he needed money for an auction.

playing devil's advocate and thinking like defense counsel for one second... his DNA on pizza crust merely proves he ate that piece of pizza, not that he did anything more AT THIS POINT. They will have a lot more evidence soon IMO.

They have enough evidence to arrest him for murder. They have an arrest warrant. As someone else stated, the pizza crust is probably the least hurtful thing they could share with the public. They have SOMETHING (or things) to prove he did it. ie, I hate to say it but DNA is also in sperm.

The pizza crust places him inside the house during the commission of the torture/murder of four people, including a child. Good luck to any defense attorney trying to defend such actions.

JMO

I agree-if all the people Mr. Savopoulos talked to, while he was being held hostage & trying to drop hints, didn't pick up on his distress, we shouldn't blame the dogs. That's the only small shred of decency I can see in this situation, is that they weren't harmed as their family was.

I agree and I'll go further (because I'm a staunch animal lover) and say that pets should *never* be blamed for the evil actions of men or their inability to know about evil intentions. Animals have pure and beautiful souls (even when they're being very naughty!)

Well, I guess his defense can argue he just stopped there for a slice of pizza while the family were being held hostage.
Does any of that sound believable to anyone?

My point was that they have more evidence than DNA on pizza crust, obviously. I was trying to be tactful rather than go the semen route.

He wasn't an invited guest and the fact that his DNA is anywhere in the house and on an item known to not be in the house prior to the crime, squarely places him in the capital murder seat. He will be considered equally culpable whether he personally wielded a weapon or not.

Right now I'm not sure he'll be taken alive, though I know LE wants to get him alive.

Felony murder is charged when there are multiple suspects and police can't prove who did what. Here we only have one suspect (at least so far). I fail to see why felony murder would come into any consideration.
bbm

Here a source states felony murder can be charged vs. sole actor/participant.
"The rule of felony murder is a legal doctrine in some common lawjurisdictions that broadens the crime of murder in two ways."
"First, when an offender kills (regardless of accidentally or without specific intent to kill) in the commission of a dangerous or enumerated
felony, he/she is guilty of murder." bbm

jjenny's post refers to multiple participants, as described below.
"Second, it makes any participant in such a felony criminally liable for any deaths that occur during or in furtherance of that felony." bbm

"In short, deaths that occur in the commission of a dangerous felony or enumerated felony (enumerated = stated in statute, i.e. rape, etc) is murder. The enumerated felonies yield first degree/special circumstances murder. The non-enumerated, inherently dangerous felonies yield second degree murder." bbm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_murder_rule FWIW, but not JM2cts.

He wasn't an invited guest and the fact that his DNA is anywhere in the house and on an item known to not be in the house prior to the crime, squarely places him in the capital murder seat. He will be considered equally culpable whether he personally wielded a weapon or not.

Right now I'm not sure he'll be taken alive, though I know LE wants to get him alive.

Exactly. He has no business being there.

It's clear to me that when SS called the bank on Thursday morning, and his assistant, he obviously didn't tell them he needed money for ransom. He used a cover story. So the cover story was he needed money for an auction.

The cover story isn't a detail police would release to NG.

JMO

Just FYI, Robin Ficker is known around the DC area as a big ... let me just "whack job." He has made a name for himself as being "heckler in chief" for the Washington Wizards. He has seats behind the visiting team's bench and literally just yells offensive things to them throughout the Wizard's games. He has also run for various political offices, but he's such a joke, no one in their right mind would vote for him.

JMO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Ficker

So, sort of like Mr. Morrissey here in VA?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...firmed-antebellum-style/?tid=trending_strip_2

I posted a snarky comment, but I guess it was flagged. Trivial, in comparison w/ this crime, but you just have to wonder about people. I guess the people who voted for him (while he was in prison) deserve what they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member