DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no - I didn't think you were buying the defense argument. I also like to play "devil's advocate" or at least try to figure out what someone else was thinking. I wonder if PS' death by thermal injuries will be used for felony murder when those charges are made.

I am not a lawyer - just have a lot of not necessarily well-supported opinions/thoughts. :) the way I read the DC statutes, the perpetrator only had to be guilty of participating in a felony at the time (entire time frame of the crime) of the murder for it to be felony murder. So if I kidnap someone, if my friend flips out and shoots our kidnap victim, I go down for felony murder. I guess that's what you're saying - if we hadn't kidnapped the victim, he wouldn't have been in a position to be shot. Also, the crime would have included a deadly weapon. I thought I read if arson is committed during the time of a murder, it qualifies for felony murder. But I'm on my iPad and can't check. What if I burst into someone's house to rob them with a gun (violent felony) and the home owner has a heart attack? Can that be felony murder?

YES. I have seen cases like that. We had a local case of a home invasion of an elderly couple. The man, Bless His Heart, had a stroke and died while they were tied up. The perps went down for murder. I don't have a link now though. Just from memory of a sad local crime.

It was frustrating to hear Owens talk about a lot of things. I don't think Owens knew what he was talking about in regards to DNA, and defense lawyer was trying to trip him (which wouldn't take a lot of effort).

YEP. Thank goodness they will have an expert in DNA analysis. He won't be nearly so easy to trip up and confuse.

Read the last pages of thread #19

I apologize I am not trying to be difficult. It is the earlier part of this Thread #20 and I read that yesterday and mentioned in my post that I did not understand yesterday either.

I just jumped on the chance to have someone help me as someone besides me did not know either.

I apologize I am not trying to be difficult. It is the earlier part of this Thread #20 and I read that yesterday and mentioned in my post that I did not understand yesterday either.

I just jumped on the chance to have someone help me as someone besides me did not know either.

That was me who also was wondering. There is no mention on the last couple pages of #19. Maybe got deleted? Even just a hint as to whose address? Thank you so much in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this brutal crime was about stolen cars, why didn't they steal any? They had all night to do so.

Spokeo, and some other sites, are notorious for conflating peoples names and addresses. Our dog Frankie became a homeowner on Spokeo. And I distant relative, that we barely knew, was listed as a current resident in our home.

Maybe JW used that address for some legit paperwork he was asked to do and the site conflated it. My cousin had some packages sent here 20 years ago and she is still listed as part of our immediate family although she lives several states away.

I wouldnt assume that JW was doing anything nefarious just because of a reverse look up. JMO

I don't assume anything anymore!! :)
So you mean that an algorithm (spokeo or other) wouldn't have randomly put JW and a victim at the same address, but that JW might have been doing paperwork for the S family (what type would trigger that? Just any paperwork where both of their names show up?) and so the algorithm would determine the two names live/or have lived at the same residence?

My dog gets mail at my address too! We joke that he has his own credit card. But he does live with me. He is sitting by me panting in unheard of 95-degree weather in Seattle!

If this brutal crime was about stolen cars, why didn't they steal any? They had all night to do so.

I don't think that. But that doesn't mean that someone wasn't messing around with the idea of getting something extra from an employer (happens soooooooooo much). NOT saying this happened at all. I am just more open to the idea of this crime being more than just DW. Owens have nothing up and defense couldn't get into discovery. So I am not really putting all my eggs in one basket yet.

"Legal Rights and Responses
If federal agents detain and arrest you, they have the authority to take DNA from you and to immediately upload it to CODIS. If local authorities arrest you, depending on the laws in your state, you may be obligated to give a DNA sample. The DNA Fingerprint Act of 2005 allows states to upload profiles to CODIS. Eleven states (Alaska, Arizona, California, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia) currently allow for involuntary DNA collection from individuals merely arrested or suspected of a crime. You should familiarize yourself with the laws in your state and if they do not provide for involuntary collection, you should consult with an attorney before submitting to a DNA test."

There is also a section of families' sequences.

http://www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/pageDocuments/I6W7Q3D7RM.pdf

So you mean that an algorithm (spokeo or other) wouldn't have randomly put JW and a victim at the same address, but that JW might have been doing paperwork for the S family (what type would trigger that? Just any paperwork where both of their names show up?) and so the algorithm would determine the two names live/or have lived at the same residence?

My dog gets mail at my address too! We joke that he has his own credit card. But he does live with me. He is sitting by me panting in unheard of 95-degree weather in Seattle!

One possibility, and it is just a random guess----maybe when he did the emissions teat he showed his own drivers license. I switched cars with my husband and took his car in for his smog test. The guy made me give him my DL, and my husbands car reg.

YUP. Frankie used to get lots of credit card applications. My daughter was convinced that she could go shopping and send the bill to Frankie. :giggle:

Like I said, it's been done. I gave an example of Routier case. She was only charged with one murder. There are other cases too.

Thanks for the reference, jjenny. Very interesting and, of course, it's in Texas.

I'm a little confused, about the DNA on the vest. I've been absent for a few days; therefore, skimming through, trying to catch up. With regard to the DNA on the vest, are they indicating that they found three different spots/swabs of DNA, or one spot/swab that contained three different profiles in that one swab? I apologize if it's already been explained...TIA

Stupid question: that wouldn't prevent prosecutors from charging someone else with the same crimes if they identify another suspect, would it?

There are no stupid questions, rkf. Well, almost none. ;)

Yes they can charge others.

Spokeo, and some other sites, are notorious for conflating peoples names and addresses. Our dog Frankie became a homeowner on Spokeo. And I distant relative, that we barely knew, was listed as a current resident in our home.

Maybe JW used that address for some legit paperwork he was asked to do and the site conflated it. My cousin had some packages sent here 20 years ago and she is still listed as part of our immediate family although she lives several states away.

I wouldnt assume that JW was doing anything nefarious just because of a reverse look up. JMO

Loony SIL's stuffed animal "Mrs. xxxxxxx" is listed in phone directories and gets all kinds of spam mail at our address. Grrr.

I've already posted that I am listed in some database with my Dad's age and he is in some databases as living at my address and vice versa. NEVER HAPPENED. These crappy people sell lists and get paid per number of items regardless of veracity and accuracy.

My favorite was getting an AARP "Good Driver" award and membership card when I was 36. Uh, not even close to retirement age at that time, and have never had a driver's license so of course, my driving record is SPECTACULARLY clear. :hilarious: My family got such a kick out of that, I sent it to my Dad, he framed it and put it on his desk.

Exactly right.

TOS includes:

Additionally, sleuthing family members or others that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement.

bibm2

Sadly, too late for a lot of that crap :( but we can at least hope for this going forward.

One possibility, and it is just a random guess----maybe when he did the emissions teat he showed his own drivers license. I switched cars with my husband and took his car in for his smog test. The guy made me give him my DL, and my husbands car reg.

ack! :hilarious: :giggle: typo, please :blushing: @ emissions teat

:silly: omg, best laugh today! :) Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1