DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what the feelings about JW, he's a prosecution witness. He's been investigated and his story verified by homicide detectives. We can second guess him but it is what it is.
The defense can try to discredit him but Bach gave notice that he's not involved any further than receiving a message from his boss to meet someone, pick up a package and deliver it and he did so.
IMO Ago is going to focus on trying to say there was sloppy crime scene management, cross contamination, lab errors...that route

Nope. Not what I am saying at all.

So is the point of the post to say that both the cash-to-car request and fire/deaths are routine enough to JW (would be to anyone) that someone wouldn't stop and pause and wonder if there could possibly be a connection? Okay. That's one way to look at it. I would think even the fact that I had been to the house a few hours earlier and believed I knew where SS was (the auction) might be valuable enough info to share with LE. But thats just what I would do and would hope others would do. I am going to allow myself the freedom to be disappointed that some people, in this case, JW wouldn't do this. Ok. Moving on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No matter what the feelings about JW, he's a prosecution witness. He's been investigated and his story verified by homicide detectives. We can second guess him but it is what it is.
The defense can try to discredit him but Bach gave notice that he's not involved any further than receiving a message from his boss to meet someone, pick up a package and deliver it and he did so.
IMO Ago is going to focus on trying to say there was sloppy crime scene management, cross contamination, lab errors...that route

Did Bach say that? I found all the nuances of the statements, questions and bench convos fascinating--what Bach did and did not want divulged at the PH. What info would go too far off the affidavit. It's like a game of chess. I don't remember that part of her saying he had no involvement (not that I assume he did!) I know Owens said his whereabouts were verified by JW's own account and cell phone pings, but I was reading on my phone on a plane so totally might have/probably missed that she spoke so definitively.

Did Bach say that? I found all the nuances of the statements, questions and bench convos fascinating--what Bach did and did not want divulged at the PH. What info would go too far off the affidavit. It's like a game of chess. I don't remember that part of her saying he had no involvement (not that I assume he did!) I know Owens said his whereabouts were verified by JW's own account and cell phone pings, but I was reading on my phone on a plane so totally might have/probably missed that she spoke so definitively.

She did. She used redirect to do so. She also said JW had been vilified by the media at bench

"I can't tell you his exact words, but in essence he made himself known who he was and he wanted his car back."

Unless I am misinterpreting the request, I think he wanted his car back so that he could drive it away, not so that he could stay and have a conversation about the information he had about the day. It doesn't sound like he was hanging around. He left and came back for his car. I am not getting the impression he wanted to hang out. He got out of dodge and he wanted to get his car out of dodge. IMO.

What car did he drive earlier that day? And what time did he pick up the "other " car . I thought I have been keeping up but apparently I have missed this and not seen it discussed.

What I mean is that he did not go find LE to report the very strange request he fulfilled earlier in the day, which was to deliver $40k to a car in the house that burned--the same one from which bodies were being taken out on gurneys. He didn't go up and say, "Hi, I'm JW, and I think I might have some information that you might care about." He just went up and wanted his car out from behind the tape. I'm not saying he lied about his name or his relation to SS. But LE were the ones who had to initiate a conversation about the strange events of the day, not vice versa.

Anyway, LE thought JW had more information than he was giving them, as Owens said in the PH. And, indeed, he had not given up all the facts at first, as reported in the affidavit. Owens called those "lies" in the affidavit. But one level down from a lie (a gentler, less accusatory description) would be to say that JW not being totally forthcoming in the beginning--or holding back. That could be all he's guilty of, and I'm sure he has his reasons why he acted that way, or just wasn't thinking, or whatever. But...unless Owens lied in the affidavit and in the PH (which I don't believe) I think it's fair to say JW held back in the beginning. That's kind of why he's in the position he is right now.

BBM

How do we know he didn't volunteer that info? The detective implied he might have by saying he said that he had a connection to the family. He probably said " I work for SS and dropped a package off here earlier today. " The detective said they set up an interview time, so he was not trying to get away without speaking to them.

What car did he drive earlier that day? And what time did he pick up the "other " car . I thought I have been keeping up but apparently I have missed this and not seen it discussed.

He was driving his own car. When he heard about the fire, he headed to the house. He parked his car about a block away...and shortly there after, LEO put up crime scene tape and his car was inside of that.

There was nothing nefarious about it. Guess for proper procedure, I need to put IMO.

I know nothing about any other car and definitely do not at all imply that he switched cars. I am referring to what was reported from LE that JW's car was parked where it was, police taped it in, and then JW came hours later to retrieve it. I am not sure if it has been discussed when he arrived or when he left and whether he left on foot or in another car, or where he went. I think that would be objected to had Ago asked those questions because they are so far off the affidavit and don't speak to probable cause. IMO.

BBM

How do we know he didn't volunteer that info? The detective implied he might have by saying he said that he had a connection to the family. He probably said " I work for SS and dropped a package off here earlier today. " The detective said they set up an interview time, so he was not trying to get away without speaking to them.

We don't. And for some reason, some think that JW should have disturbed LE in their work at the scene to tell them he did his job that morning. Because you know, it's important to tell LE when you do your job. He wasn't trying to "get out of dodge" because he was guilty of something...he was more than likely, in shock. LEO could have contacted him the next day if necessary. He was known to the other AIW employees. He had no idea SS was dead.

It is just weird to me that JW was expected to see all of this big picture without the knowledge of murder happening in that home.

He was driving his own car. When he heard about the fire, he headed to the house. He parked his car about a block away...and shortly there after, LEO put up crime scene tape and his car was inside of that.

There was nothing nefarious about it. Guess for proper procedure, I need to put IMO.

I agree.

I don't know why JW acted the way he did. Maybe someone will get to ask him those questions one day. For now I think the police have asked JW not to speak to the media which is totally understandable.

Remember when Kato Kalin was sort of an odd character and many even thought he may have helped OJ in the murders but he just turned out to be sort of a goofy guy who hadn't done anything wrong.

Whatever the reason for JW saying what he did I have never thought he was involved in these crimes in any manner.

In fact I am not surprised to see there have been no further arrest. I think Wint is it and there will be no one else arrested. I have had the same belief since the beginning. I think most likely the ones who were with Wint have convinced LE they did not know anything about what Wint had done before he came to be with them. They may testify on behalf of the state.

IMO

So is the point of the post to say that both the cash-to-car request and fire/deaths are routine enough to JW (would be to anyone) that someone wouldn't stop and pause and wonder if there could possibly be a connection? Okay. That's one way to look at it. I would think even the fact that I had been to the house a few hours earlier and believed I knew where SS was (the auction) might be valuable enough info to share with LE. But thats just what I would do and would hope others would do. I am going to allow myself the freedom to be disappointed that some people, in this case, JW wouldn't do this. Ok. Moving on!

HOW do we know he didn't share that info right from the start?

I don't know why JW acted the way he did. Maybe someone will get to ask him those questions one day. For now I think the police have asked JW not to speak to the media.

Remember when Kato Kalin was sort of an odd character and many even thought he may have helped OJ in the murders but he just turned out to be sort of a goofy guy who hadn't done anything wrong.

Whatever the reason for JW saying what he did I have never thought he was involved in these crimes in any manner.

In fact I am not surprised to see there have been no further arrest. I think Wint is it and there will be no one else arrested. I have had the same belief ever since the beginning. I think most likely the ones who were with Wint have convinced LE they did not know anything about what Wint had done before he came to be with them. They may testify on behalf of the state.

IMO

IMO

Totally possible. I don't think JW was "involved". I think there is a slight possibility that he might have been aware something was amiss or found himself inadvertently sharing info, etc. I would go with young and goofy before evil. I do wonder if this new search warrant will be related to the truck passenger or someone else who might have a hand in things in some way. DW runs with some tough company. I keep asking myself, why WOULDN'T he have enlisted help in his plan? Unless, like some people have said, he was actually fantasizing about killing for some time and the need for money gave him an excuse in his mis-wired brain.

HOW do we know he didn't share that info right from the start?

Because he left the scene and returned asking for his car. Are you saying that there was a previous interaction with LE at the scene before he left?

Because he left the scene and returned asking for his car. Are you saying that there was a previous interaction with LE at the scene before he left?

Who said he left the scene and then came back to get his car. I thought that was speculation from a poster here.

OR...JW didn't think it was a very strange request at the time. How could he know that, if he hadn't been working for SS for very long? If the accountant didn't make him feel it was "very strange", then why would he assume it was? He actually thought that SS went to an equipment auction. Why would he think differently? And that could explain his call to AS, who he wasn't sure if she was home or not - and why he would think that SS wasn't.

You know, just an alternate theory and all.

He would think differently because the SS house was on fire and that's why he had to get his car from behind police tape? I would think that's why he would say he had an unusual request and now that we've seen texts to W-2 we know he thought it was a "crazy" request.

INCORRECT. He did not return and ONLY ask for his car. He returned and told them he was connected to SS and that his car was roped in.

Q And so when W-1 identified himself to the police he said that's my car, words to the effect of that's my car, I want my car back?
A I can't tell you his exact words, but in essence he made himself known who he was and he wanted his car back.
Q When you said he made himself known who he was did he tell the police that he was connected with the Savopoulos family?
A Yeah.
Q At that moment?
A Yeah.

IN THE SAME MOMENT that he asked for his car, he explained that he was 'connected' to the case. What else do you expect from him?

We don't. And for some reason, some think that JW should have disturbed LE in their work at the scene to tell them he did his job that morning. Because you know, it's important to tell LE when you do your job. He wasn't trying to "get out of dodge" because he was guilty of something...he was more than likely, in shock. LEO could have contacted him the next day if necessary. He was known to the other AIW employees. He had no idea SS was dead.

It is just weird to me that JW was expected to see all of this big picture without the knowledge of murder happening in that home.

I didn't say, nor do I assume, that JW got out of dodge because he was guilty. And, if JW did readily offer up info about the day's events to LE instead of asking for his car and being asked follow up questions., I sure would hope Owens would give the right info. Seeing that it would only behoove prosecution in the PH to make any suspicion of JW disappear, I am at a loss as to why he would provide the wrong info, especially if it would make JW look not so great. But he was purposefully playing dumb so maybe?

INCORRECT. He did not return and ONLY ask for his car. He returned and told them he was connected to SS and that his car was roped in.

Q And so when W-1 identified himself to the police he said that's my car, words to the effect of that's my car, I want my car back?
A I can't tell you his exact words, but in essence he made himself known who he was and he wanted his car back.
Q When you said he made himself known who he was did he tell the police that he was connected with the Savopoulos family?
A Yeah.
Q At that moment?
A Yeah.

IN THE SAME MOMENT that he asked for his car, he explained that he was 'connected' to the case. What else do you expect from him?
Not connected to the "case"...connected to the "family". There's a difference IMO.

A Yeah.
Q At that moment?
A Yeah.

I think he explained his relation to the family, not to the case, right? I have to reread the transcript. If he did approach for the purpose of sharing with LE his interactions with SS that day, in addition to wanting to get his car, then that's all anyone could expect. Maybe he was expecting his car to be taped in and for LE to be there on watch and so knew it would be a quiet time to make himself known and share info from the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member