DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said he left the scene and then came back to get his car. I thought that was speculation from a poster here.

I don't think so. We were all picking apart the quote and trying to interpret it. Maybe try to search it? I'll try to find it. Did you get a chance to read the transcript? Are you thinking that JW was at the scene the whole time? I thought, per LE, they taped his car in so they could have it to search it, and JW approached the officer to get his car back hours later. I could be wrong. I must be wrong according to all the hubbub I created just from me saying he wanted out of dodge. Maybe he didn't want out of dodge at all. Maybe he was just trying to find the right time to chat with someone.? Idk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of us know this, it was speculation. However, I do not think they "taped his car in so they could have it to search it" as if it were targeted. They needed to secure the scene.

I don't think so. We were all picking apart the quote and trying to interpret it. Maybe try to search it? I'll try to find it. Did you get a chance to read the transcript? Are you thinking that JW was at the scene the whole time? I thought, per LE, they taped his car in so they could have it to search it, and JW approached the officer to get his car back hours later. I could be wrong. I must be wrong according to all the hubbub I created just from me saying he wanted out of dodge. Maybe he didn't want out of dodge at all. Maybe he was just trying to find the right time to chat with someone.? Idk!

And I did read the transcripts. Just my MOO!

None of us know this, it was speculation. However, I do not think they "taped his car in so they could have it to search it" as if it were targeted. They needed to secure the scene.

Exactly! How would they know it was JW's car? How would they know JW knew this family at all?

We don't. And for some reason, some think that JW should have disturbed LE in their work at the scene to tell them he did his job that morning. Because you know, it's important to tell LE when you do your job. He wasn't trying to "get out of dodge" because he was guilty of something...he was more than likely, in shock. LEO could have contacted him the next day if necessary. He was known to the other AIW employees. He had no idea SS was dead.

It is just weird to me that JW was expected to see all of this big picture without the knowledge of murder happening in that home.

I can only speak for how I Know I would have behaved in that situation. First, I'd be horrified and frightened. I realize people are different, but having been in a similar situation (no murder, no arson but crime scene taped off), I went to the first uniformed person who looked like they'd be the nicest person or least likely to bite my head off (some really look hardass just standing there and that intimidates me). Everything was fine for me. In this case, I would approach an officer who is not occupied or busy and tell them my of my relationship to the homeowner and what happened that morning because I had been there. The officer would contact his superior or the watch commander who would then determine whether to take my contact information and brief story and let me go or to have me wait there and be taken to the station for a more in-depth interview.

But, that's me. First, it would never occur to me to leave without saying anything to anyone because it's an extraordinary circumstance and I was involved however innocently. Secondly, I'd be a freaking nervous guilty-feeling wreck waiting for someone from LE to discover I'd been there for an errand in the morning, visited the scene during the fire and LE activity and said nothing because I KNOW at some point, they'd know I had been there and want to know why I didn't tell anyone.

I realize that goes against advice of volunteer nothing without benefit of legal representation, but I'd still do it. I can't handle suspense of any sort. I'd want to unburden as soon as possible and deal with what happens as it happens. For me, that's infinitely less stressful than waiting for that shoe to drop.

I would do this because it makes sense to me. I don't care if I didn't know a murder had been committed, I'd know that I was given a task by my boss to do something unusual and I did it. A few hours later, I'm informed that the boss's home is on fire. I go there to see what's going on or if I can help in some way. I then see or hear about bodies being taken out of the house. Hell yeah, I'd talk to an officer there.

I'd talk to an officer if there were no bodies being removed if it was just a simple fire. "Officer: what happened? I work for Mr. S and ran an errand for him this morning to drop something off at his house. I just got a call that his house was on fire and came to see if things were okay." And then, things would proceed from there.

And I absolutely don't believe that his car was there "for hours" as stated in that article that deliberately smushed together information to make it appear to be something it wasn't. It could have been a matter of minutes when he arrived, got out of the car to get closer on foot, came back to the car and it was taped off. At that time, police didn't know it wasn't a neighbor's car - it was just there.

Oh, yeah. And he didn't have to "leave the scene", he left his car to presumably get closer to the scene. That article gets me grrrr.

I believe what happened was, he drove to the scene when he heard about the fire and parked his car, at that it was just a fire, when they found out there were bodies inside the house they taped off more of the area, including where his car and I'm sure many other cars were parked. We don't know exactly what time he approached an officer and told them he knew the people, I would imagine it wasn't right away because 1st responders were busy. My guess is that this is when he spoke to (omg I can't think of her name)..the cleaning lady boss, and told her that he had dropped off money earlier in the day for an auction, hence why she repeated that info that day. At some point he located an officer, told them who he was, why he was there (its his bosses house). And could he get his car. They then after he told them who he was, said oh can you come down to the station for an interview. Jmo

Exactly! How would they know it was JW's car? How would they know JW knew this family at all?

That might have been speculation! I am looking at the transcript now.

Here is the bit from the transcript that I thought was so interesting that also leaves the door open for me that maybe it's not as simple as just DW going rogue without any info, help or letting on that something was fishy to someone (not necessarily JW).

THE COURT: You may approach.
(Bench conference).
THE COURT: So the question was whether or not the
police tried to confirm whether W-1 went to the dojo?
MS. BACH: Right, Your Honor.
THE COURT: What's the objection?
MS. BACH: This is our point, we think this goes
beyond what is relevant here at the preliminary hearing.
There is nothing to indicate that only one person was
involved in this crime.

Now, what I intend to ask this detective on redirect
is have you confirmed his whereabouts? Yes, but I don't
think that he needs to specify for the defense exactly how we
have confirmed that they're Winfield defendant if that's what
he is is not truly a Winfield defendant.
So my point is even if W-1 is completely involved in
this that doesn't rule out the defendant. And so we think
this goes beyond the probable cause finding that this Court
needs to make and we think that they're just trying to learn
basically the steps that we've taken thus far....

That might have been speculation! I am looking at the transcript now.

Here is the bit from the transcript that I thought was so interesting that also leaves the door open for me that maybe it's not as simple as just DW going rogue without any info, help or letting on that something was fishy to someone (not necessarily JW).

THE COURT: You may approach.
(Bench conference).
THE COURT: So the question was whether or not the
police tried to confirm whether W-1 went to the dojo?
MS. BACH: Right, Your Honor.
THE COURT: What's the objection?
MS. BACH: This is our point, we think this goes
beyond what is relevant here at the preliminary hearing.
There is nothing to indicate that only one person was
involved in this crime.

Now, what I intend to ask this detective on redirect
is have you confirmed his whereabouts? Yes, but I don't
think that he needs to specify for the defense exactly how we
have confirmed that they're Winfield defendant if that's what
he is is not truly a Winfield defendant.
So my point is even if W-1 is completely involved in
this that doesn't rule out the defendant. And so we think
this goes beyond the probable cause finding that this Court
needs to make and we think that they're just trying to learn
basically the steps that we've taken thus far....

I read this to be sarcasm.

I've pasted below the part of the transcipt that I think led me to assume that JW's car was kept for searching reasons. They decided to keep it before he left for his interview. But it is totally possible that they just moved the crime scene tape to include JW's car earlier without knowing that it belonged to him. If I recall, I think some people were speculating that that car might stand out in that neighborhood, so maybe they looked it up and chose to tape it off. Maybe not.

Q All right, let's jump back to W-1, why was W-1
transported down to the police station as opposed to driving
himself?
A Because his vehicle was seized as evidence, and he
was questioned at the police station.

I read this to be sarcasm.

Interesting! There doesn't seem to be much irony in that statement since LE has never let off of the idea that the crime would require more peeps. But maybe. A little LOL at the bench conference?

Kammiemc- do you work for Wint's attorneys? Rhetorical.

Yes, I do! I am paid greatly to say to say on Websleuths that JW wanted to get out of dodge! No, I just like to look at every side of a problem. I realize that the prosecution had one objective in the PH, and looking at all the facts around JW and was not one of them--in fact, it was counter. That's why Bach said the thing about the media. Why wouldn't she have admonished the detectives for bad detective work? They're the ones who said he lied. The media just repeated it. But, if I really worked for Ago, I wouldn't keep saying that it DOESN'T MATTER. DW is toast. JW could have been the mastermind and set him up. Don't matter. BTW, our dogs kind of look the same. Mine is more matted at the moment.

Yeah, I don't get how or why he would write that without reviewing the video unless he has implicit trust in his detectives and believes they have infallible instincts or something. It seems irresponsible, and if it's not true, it makes me wonder how we can trust everything else he said regarding his team's interpretation of what JW said/did, for better or worse.

He probably does have implicit trust in the other detectives. Being 'lead' detective does not mean he is far and above his co-workers. They are ALL 'lead' detectives at one time or another. Being this is a quadruple murder, no doubt they gave it to an experienced detective. But the others are all 'lead ' detectives too, when their turn comes up.

It sounds to me like those who interviewed and investigated him felt comfortable moving on from him. JMO

I believe what happened was, he drove to the scene when he heard about the fire and parked his car, at that it was just a fire, when they found out there were bodies inside the house they taped off more of the area, including where his car and I'm sure many other cars were parked. We don't know exactly what time he approached an officer and told them he knew the people, I would imagine it wasn't right away because 1st responders were busy. My guess is that this is when he spoke to (omg I can't think of her name)..the cleaning lady boss, and told her that he had dropped off money earlier in the day for an auction, hence why she repeated that info that day. At some point he located an officer, told them who he was, why he was there (its his bosses house). And could he get his car. They then after he told them who he was, said oh can you come down to the station for an interview. Jmo

Maybe! It would be nice if Owens was informed enough to accurately relay this event in the way that you say it happened. It sounds like JW was more than forthcoming and really trying to help and just trying to give the LE some space before approaching. Is that accurate?

Not connected to the "case"...connected to the "family". There's a difference IMO.

I don't see the difference. If he was connected to the family then he was connected to this case. He told them he was connected to the family, they made an appt. to interview him, and he retrieved his car. I don't see what is so suspicious about that.

I think he explained his relation to the family, not to the case, right? I have to reread the transcript. If he did approach for the purpose of sharing with LE his interactions with SS that day, in addition to wanting to get his car, then that's all anyone could expect. Maybe he was expecting his car to be taped in and for LE to be there on watch and so knew it would be a quiet time to make himself known and share info from the day?

But saying he was connected to the family would mean they would immediately ask HOW. He'd say I work for SS. They immediately made an appt. for him to come in and be interviewed. He might have even told him he had been there earlier and why. WE DON'T KNOW YET.

When they are out on the street they do not do intensive, video'ed interrogations. That is what they intended for him.

I agree with you. The entire street was taped in. I don't think they had any idea whose green car that was yet. JMO

I can only speak for how I Know I would have behaved in that situation. First, I'd be horrified and frightened. I realize people are different, but having been in a similar situation (no murder, no arson but crime scene taped off), I went to the first uniformed person who looked like they'd be the nicest person or least likely to bite my head off (some really look hardass just standing there and that intimidates me). Everything was fine for me. In this case, I would approach an officer who is not occupied or busy and tell them my of my relationship to the homeowner and what happened that morning because I had been there. The officer would contact his superior or the watch commander who would then determine whether to take my contact information and brief story and let me go or to have me wait there and be taken to the station for a more in-depth interview.

But, that's me. First, it would never occur to me to leave without saying anything to anyone because it's an extraordinary circumstance and I was involved however innocently. Secondly, I'd be a freaking nervous guilty-feeling wreck waiting for someone from LE to discover I'd been there for an errand in the morning, visited the scene during the fire and LE activity and said nothing because I KNOW at some point, they'd know I had been there and want to know why I didn't tell anyone.

I realize that goes against advice of volunteer nothing without benefit of legal representation, but I'd still do it. I can't handle suspense of any sort. I'd want to unburden as soon as possible and deal with what happens as it happens. For me, that's infinitely less stressful than waiting for that shoe to drop.

I would do this because it makes sense to me. I don't care if I didn't know a murder had been committed, I'd know that I was given a task by my boss to do something unusual and I did it. A few hours later, I'm informed that the boss's home is on fire. I go there to see what's going on or if I can help in some way. I then see or hear about bodies being taken out of the house. Hell yeah, I'd talk to an officer there.

I'd talk to an officer if there were no bodies being removed if it was just a simple fire. "Officer: what happened? I work for Mr. S and ran an errand for him this morning to drop something off at his house. I just got a call that his house was on fire and came to see if things were okay." And then, things would proceed from there.

And I absolutely don't believe that his car was there "for hours" as stated in that article that deliberately smushed together information to make it appear to be something it wasn't. It could have been a matter of minutes when he arrived, got out of the car to get closer on foot, came back to the car and it was taped off. At that time, police didn't know it wasn't a neighbor's car - it was just there.

You would do the same thing I would do. But I am an older white lady. I think a young black urban male might be a lot more cautious than you or I would. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1