DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And it would be a leap to assume he had a little red bag for that purpose.

Not at all “a leap to assume he had a little red bag for that purpose”. . . purpose of a little bag being to hold receipts for purchases made by JW for SS. Perhaps JW wouldn’t want his wallet to look like this:

receipts1-614x290.png

Not at all “a leap to assume he had a little red bag for that purpose”. . . purpose of a little bag being to hold receipts for purchases made by JW for SS. Perhaps JW wouldn’t want his wallet to look like this:

receipts1-614x290.png

That's pretty much what mine looks like. And apparently, pockets were good enough for the AIW staffer. It certainly could go either way, but I'm not sure why it matters if he had a bag for receipts. We know there was a "red-lined" bag, whether it was small or big, intended for a laptop, or intended for receipts. Neither of his stories involve handing the money over in a bag belonging to him, just that the bag was a stopping point between pockets and manilla envelope, by way of explaining why there was a photo of the cash in a "red-lined bag."

receipts1-614x290.png

Sorry, I should have clarified that In My Opinion it would be a leap to assume a) that he carries around a murse, and b) that it is red, as there has been ZERO indication that that is so. I could just as well assume that if he had one, it is black, or that he pulled one of those briefcases on wheels, and we would be basing our assumptions on the same absence of information.

I Wonder what other cars were searched, besides JW's? NG's, the accountant?

Also, something else has been bothering me since we discover that DW most likely broke into home around 6pm (earlier in threads we/I were convinced the invasion started around 3) why so late in the day? Most households are preparing dinner, husbands on the way home, possible guests? I'm thinking DW must've had eyes on SS (somehow) and knew he hadn't arrived home yet. Plus, how did DW get to the home? He couldn't (IMO) have walked from nearest bus stop and coincidentally arrives at the best time for the break-in (or was it the best time) In Fact, I can't even see how DW could surveillance the home without someone being alerted.

Also, something else has been bothering me since we discover that DW most likely broke into home around 6pm (earlier in threads we/I were convinced the invasion started around 3) why so late in the day? Most households are preparing dinner, husbands on the way home, possible guests? I'm thinking DW must've had eyes on SS (somehow) and knew he hadn't arrived home yet. Plus, how did DW get to the home? He couldn't (IMO) have walked from nearest bus stop and coincidentally arrives at the best time for the break-in (or was it the best time) In Fact, I can't even see how DW could surveillance the home without someone being alerted.

I think in the trial we will find out it was closer to 3 than 6. JMO

I'm still not convinced that DW broke in as late as 6. VF was supposed to leave at 3:00 according to NG, and AS called SS at around 5:30 and asked him to come home to watch PS. It seems so unlikely to me that AS wouldn't have made other arrangements for PS given how much everyone seemed to be scrambling to get the dojo ready for its opening. I think that the glass break detector detected something other than the break-in -- maybe a struggle that resulted in broken glass or a loud noise. Glass break detectors can be set off for reasons other than the glass in an exterior door or window being broken.

I'm still not convinced that DW broke in as late as 6. VF was supposed to leave at 3:00 according to NG, and AS called SS at around 5:30 and asked him to come home to watch PS. It seems so unlikely to me that AS wouldn't have made other arrangements for PS given how much everyone seemed to be scrambling to get the dojo ready for its opening. I think that the glass break detector detected something other than the break-in -- maybe a struggle that resulted in broken glass or a loud noise. Glass break detectors can be set off for reasons other than the glass in an exterior door or window being broken.

I agree with you. I could not imagine calling my husband the night before his new business Grand opening to ask him to come home so I could go out with friends. He'd think I lost my mind. I really doubt AS would have done so either.Especially with her son being injured and not feeling well yet. I really believe they only reason she called him home so urgently was because she was forced to. JMO

Exactly. Had to be an inside job.

I agree with you. I could not imagine calling my husband the night before his new business Grand opening to ask him to come home so I could go out with friends. He'd think I lost my mind. I really doubt AS would have done so either.Especially with her son being injured and not feeling well yet. I really believe they only reason she called him home so urgently was because she was forced to. JMO

I still wonder if she raised a red flag to SS by using that excuse to get him home (if DW gave her any leeway in what to say). Maybe SS suspected something was wrong--but how could he have ever guessed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still wonder if she raised a red flag to SS by using that excuse to get him home (if DW gave her any leeway in what to say). Maybe SS suspected something was wrong--but how could he have ever guessed?

I really feel that SS and AS had a very strong relationship with each other and SS not knowing reasons, knew his wife wanted him home.

OT - In response to RKF ^^^^^, I once worked for a company where travel was four days a week, overnight stays, and many flights a month. Once hired, I was told to use my charge cards and expense it out at the end of the month, with reimbursement by the 10th of the next month.

After getting my breath back from such an unusual request, I told them my charge cards were for emergency use, not company business. We had a few exchanges, one being the threat of losing the job. At that point they could have their lousy job! Eventually they gave me a company credit card - which had been the norm at other companies in this type of position. Found out later through peers, this was the way the company treated new hires. Most people on the road used their own credit cards after being presented the same scenario on the first day. It is amazing what people or companies will try to get by with! All for the almighty dollar!

That is crazy! Good thing you stood up for yourself! I feel bad for the young people who didn't know the company was asking for something unreasonable. Pretty scummy behavior IMO.

It's possible AS calling SS so she could go out was just the story SS told NG.

Because this strikes me as a deliberate crime, rather than random or a crime of opportunity, DW had to have some information about the family's schedule. Why during the day instead of at night? Alarm less likely to be on. Why did it start around 3 (if it did)? Maybe DW knew the housekeeper left at that time, making entry easy. So how would he know that? Surveillance or someone told him, right? JMO

Because this strikes me as a deliberate crime, rather than random or a crime of opportunity, DW had to have some information about the family's schedule. Why during the day instead of at night? Alarm less likely to be on. Why did it start around 3 (if it did)? Maybe DW knew the housekeeper left at that time, making entry easy. So how would he know that? Surveillance or someone told him, right? JMO
Police now say it started just before 6 pm, not around 3 pm. He could have watched the house for a couple of days.

It's possible AS calling SS so she could go out was just the story SS told NG.

Why would SS tell NG this story if he didn't believe it at the time? Sounds like AS called SS at the demand of the perp to lure him back home. So if he suspected something was wrong, wouldn't SS have called police?

Why would SS tell NG this story if he didn't believe it at the time? Sounds like AS called SS at the demand of the perp to lure him back home. So if he suspected something was wrong, wouldn't SS have called police?

I have no reason to believe that SS lied to NG about what he was hearing on the phone from AS. But, because we weren't there and only know what NG heard, who knows. A few thoughts on what is possible:

1. SS could have truly believed that AS wanted to go out and relayed that to NG.
2. SS could have been suspect that AS wanted to go out, but not suspect enough to call LE, just enough to know something was wrong, and wanted to check it out.
3. SS could have been VERY suspect and yet convinced that if he called LE his wife and son would be killed instantly, especially if AS included that in her conversation to SS or DDW added that threat.

(SS might have believed he was better off doing what he was told--to come home. He didn't know what he was dealing with.) In that case, he would have given a cover story to NG. We have come to know that SS held his composure and relayed a cover story to multiple people to keep family safe for the moment, hoping things would change. Maybe that started before he even got home. Same reason he wouldn't have yelled "call 911, we're held hostage" when talking to the accountant.

Honestly, any of these scenarios make as much sense (or less sense) as the others.

ETA: I actually take that back. The first (#1) doesn't make sense for me. I think he would know his AS was not being genuine in wanting to go out with girlfriends on that particular night. I guess there is chance he was so distracted he might have given her the benefit of the doubt that she needed a little outlet. So sad.

DW is only charged at this point with the murder of SS, correct? So is the time given only pertinent to the crime against SS? In other words, SS did not arrive home till 6PM...so the crime AGAINST HIM...began then.

But DW could have entered the house long before?

I do wonder about the glass breakage alert at 5:56pm..

Wouldn't that have been about the time SS returned home? Could they have struggled when DW tried to get him under control?

Wouldn't that have been about the time SS returned home? Could they have struggled when DW tried to get him under control?

I think he got AS call at 5:30 and was last seen by AIW employee at 6pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1