DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, have always believed that there was only one perp. Still do.

The kicker with this thought is who drove the Porsche away from the house only to burn it?

The kicker with this thought is who drove the Porsche away from the house only to burn it?

IF it went down as proposed, Wint's original escape plan went out the window once he stayed overnight. Had to take a car...can't recall if the Porsche was manual, but could account for "erratic" driving. Would that fit with timeline?

where did he get the gas from, would be very odd to arrive with a can of gas and the victims being compliant when they would have seen the gas can, if he arrived without the gas then he had to look through the house garage looking for it, thus leaving the victims unattended, unless there was more than one attacker, and 40 grand just seems an odd random number to me, why not a round 50 or more,

one theory that may work for one attacker if that once subduing the child and the two women he poured the gas on the child then, when Savass arrived home all he had to do to get him compliant was to shake the matches and say he would burn his son, if they could smell the gas and know that all it would take is one second and one match to set Philip on fire and burn him alive,

but then why would Savass think he would just walk away once he had the money, it is all so very confusing

IF it went down as proposed, Wint's original escape plan went out the window once he stayed overnight. Had to take a car...can't recall if the Porsche was manual, but could account for "erratic" driving. Would that fit with timeline?
Wasn't the porshe found burning at 5:30 pm ?

where did he get the gas from, would be very odd to arrive with a can of gas and the victims being compliant when they would have seen the gas can, if he arrived without the gas then he had to look through the house garage looking for it, thus leaving the victims unattended, unless there was more than one attacker, and 40 grand just seems an odd random number to me, why not a round 50 or more,

one theory that may work for one attacker if that once subduing the child and the two women he poured the gas on the child then, when Savass arrived home all he had to do to get him compliant was to shake the matches and say he would burn his son, if they could smell the gas and know that all it would take is one second and one match to set Philip on fire and burn him alive,

but then why would Savass think he would just walk away once he had the money, it is all so very confusing

IMO the figure of 40,000 was a function of how much the accountant and banker were able to withdraw rather than an amount specified by Wint

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Who else would it be? If there was only one perp, the one would drove the car to burn it would have to be DW.
His DNA was found on the green vest in the car.

So just for a hypothetical:

Wint needs cash, for immigration lawyer most likely. Sits around with his buddies or cousins for a few months trying to think of ways to hustle some money. (What evidence supports this?)

Somehow he stumbles upon the idea of robbing his former employer. Why? He must realize the plan is risky. He must have had to google them to find address? Would he have told no one that he was planning to go to the house in broad daylight in search of cash? Must have cased the house to determine routines. (Surveillance video?)

So he picks a day for the crime, expecting the housekeeper to be leaving (depending on actual timeline) and maybe thinking no one else will be home, but is surprised by two of the residents. If he expected them to be home and anticipated a hostage situation, I can't imagine why no gun. So much easier.

The cash on hand must not have been much (or enough) so he subdues the victims, lures the husband home. Husband proposes the idea of a cash drop from work but since banks are closed, it has to wait till morning.

Wint gets hungry, not having expected to stay overnight, orders pizza.

After the the drop next morning, Wint knows he has to dispose of evidence and witnesses using weapons found at the house. (What was accelerant and where did he find it?)

One perp.

All JMO and pure conjecture.

I'm sure they had a ton of food in the house. Why order a pizza? So odd.

He was the only one that could move around and he did not want to touch any utensils? (and therefore leave DNA )

Wasn't the porshe found burning at 5:30 pm ?

How did DW get the keys? I can't figure this into the timeline as we know it. Did DW break into the house, tie the two women and Philip up, drive the Porsche off? Was that his original plan? Why would he break in, leave the three people, burn the Porsche, and return back to the SS house? Leaving the house and then returning does not compute in my brain! I would love to hear your views.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Who else would it be? If there was only one perp, the one would drove the car to burn it would have to be DW.
His DNA was found on the green vest in the car.

Yes, jjenny his DNA was on the vest. Logistically I can't figure out how DW drove the Porsche off and returned before SS got home from work. Could it be that stealing the Porsche was the original plan, however, after seeing the magnificent home, DW decided that SS could just hand him the money he needed? Spending the night in the home is about the dumbest move a thief could make. IMO. Who has the guts to steal a Porsche and return to same home for money with living hostages? How do you put this together?

I am open to all thoughts. There are a few issues that don't fit together for me.

How did DW get the keys? I can't figure this into the timeline as we know it. Did DW break into the house, tie the two women and Philip up, drive the Porsche off? Was that his original plan? Why would he break in, leave the three people, burn the Porsche, and return back to the SS house? Leaving the house and then returning does not compute in my brain! What are you thinking?

Yes, jjenny his DNA was on the vest. Logistically I can't figure out how DW drove the Porsche off and returned before SS got home from work. Could it be that stealing the Porsche was the original plan, however, after seeing the magnificent home, DW decided that SS could just hand him the money he needed? Spending the night in the home is about the dumbest move a thief could make. IMO. Who has the guts to steal a Porsche and return to same home for money with living hostages? How do you put this together?
DW took-off with the Porsche AFTER he set fire to the SS home.

How did DW get the keys? I can't figure this into the timeline as we know it. Did DW break into the house, tie the two women and Philip up, drive the Porsche off? Was that his original plan? Why would he break in, leave the three people, burn the Porsche, and return back to the SS house? Leaving the house and then returning does not compute in my brain! I would love to hear your views.

I am open to all thoughts. There are a few issues that don't fit together for me.

You got the timeline wrong. Porsche was burned after the house was already burned.

He was the only one that could move around and he did not want to touch any utensils? (and therefore leave DNA )

Considering he ate pizza and left half eaten crust on the crime scene, I don't think he knows much about DNA. A lot more DNA is left with saliva (after eating pizza) than when something is touched.

Considering he ate pizza and left half eaten crust on the crime scene, I don't think he knows much about DNA. A lot more DNA is left with saliva (after eating pizza) than when something is touched.

I wonder if he considered stealing the Domino's drivers car as a way to leave the SS house....

Good to see you pops!!! Triple (S family/ residents of home ++ plus maid-VF). Oh, my- hope it sells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he has 4 hostages upstairs to keep an eye on and doesn't have the time to make anything to eat? Plus we know he wore gloves bc LE said he was wearing them when he ate the pizza... I think he was worried about messing up and leaving evidence behind so the easier the better and maybe he was just in the mood for pizza.

Good to see you pops!!! Triple (S family/ residents of home ++ plus maid-VF). Oh, my- hope it sells.

:seeya: You too!

Right, but as is? Doesn't sound like they even cleaned it. I know they had to clean up the biological waste up.

Because he has 4 hostages upstairs to keep an eye on and doesn't have the time to make anything to eat? Plus we know he wore gloves bc LE said he was wearing them when he ate the pizza... I think he was worried about messing up and leaving evidence behind so the easier the better and maybe he was just in the mood for pizza.

BUT for old time sake- "DW does not like pizza."

:seeya: You too!

Right, but as is? Doesn't sound like they even cleaned it. I know they had to clean up the biological waste up.

Maybe "as-is" as in, fire damage still present and needs new dry wall, painting etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member