DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think being convicted of capital murder with these heinous circumstances is one big bargaining chip all by itself! if wint does not name the others the only thing his attorneys can do is question the timeline and how the dna could be tainted. a tough road indeed.

i think being convicted of capital murder with these heinous circumstances is one big bargaining chip all by itself! if wint does not name the others the only thing his attorneys can do is question the timeline and how the dna could be tainted. a tough road indeed.

We've discussed through these many threads, whether DW would snitch on his homies... is it the gangster way to take one for the team? Or, will he flip? IDK

Gosh, I can imagine how terrible it must be for the SS family to read the above article.
DW heinously slaughterers the SS family after holding them hostage, for a lousy 40 grand, and Now per DW' defense, DW was friends with SS? I'm always amazed at defense attorneys and the lies and storytelling they come up with to try and get the guilty off... think Casey Anthony. The defense has to somehow put DW in the home, because the DNA cannot be explained away, so.. They come up with DW previously working at the SS home? And ... I'm betting that SS payed DW cash. *cough cough*

The above article (IMO) also manipulates the public... by tellingly us how kind and big hearted SS was, I don't have a doubt of that, but he was no fool, he wouldn't have let DW around his family. IIRC, didn't DW have a hard time getting along with fellow work mates before he was fired from SS' iron works company?

Yes, now that you say that, I do recall the early articles saying that he had issues with many co-workers at AIW.

We've discussed through these many threads, whether DW would snitch on his homies... is it the gangster way to take one for the team? Or, will he flip? IDK
is it true he is only still charged with the murder of Saavas? if so, perhaps they could bring federal charges later on in the death of Philip? Murder in conjunction with arson or kidnapping is elgible for death penalty if its in federal court. Maybe this is how wint/ others will be pressured? cant wait to see if abe is still wints lawyer. i have a feeling he may need help.

is it true he is only still charged with the murder of Saavas? if so, perhaps they could bring federal charges later on in the death of Philip? Murder in conjunction with arson or kidnapping is elgible for death penalty if its in federal court. Maybe this is how wint/ others will be pressured? cant wait to see if abe is still wints lawyer. i have a feeling he may need help.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/d-c-mansion-murders-suspect-pleads-not-guilty-to-20-felony-charges/
The indictment, returned by a D.C. Superior Court grand jury Wednesday, charges Daron Wint with counts including first-degree murder while armed, burglary, kidnapping, extortion, arson, and theft, prosecutors say. He's accused of killing forty-six-year-old business executive Savvas Savopoulos; his 47-year-old wife, Amy; their 10-year-old son, Philip; and the family's housekeeper, Veralicia Figueroa in May of 2015.

Good reminder Keefer. I do remember a member saying DW could get the DP in DC through the federal court. He deserves no less :(

There is a 226 Nottingham Hill in Annapolis, MD. JW lived in Annapolis. I don't know if he had a connection to that address.

I checked this address on whitepages.com and a name came up that I instantly recognized. It is AB and her family. Mentions she is in her 20's and her parents are in their 50's.

I just popped back here to follow-up cause court date is soon, right?

Thanks.

I checked this address on whitepages.com and a name came up that I instantly recognized. It is AB and her family. Mentions she is in her 20's and her parents are in their 50's.

Thanks.

Thank you. Gosh I'm so rusty on some of the initials. I have forgotten who AB is. :confused:

Thank you. Gosh I'm so rusty on some of the initials. I have forgotten who AB is. :confused:

AB was the girlfriend and recipient of the text from JW that showed the picture of the two bundles of cash in the "red bag".

Thanks.
May 20, I believe. Same date as the hearing for David Eisenhauer and perhaps Natalie Keepers as well, IIRC. (nicole lovell murder case)

A law enforcement source said investigators continue to believe the unemployed welder could not have done the heinous crime alone.
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/dc/...earching-for-savopoulos-accomplices/190632161

.... Accomplices still walk among us...slaughtered them... "The mansion still stands as a chilling reminder of the violence: the grass unmowed, the locks on the doors, the soot still staining the eaves -- and someone has left a white orchid at the gate. The new owner of the mansion has applied for a permit to tear it down." :(

A law enforcement source said investigators continue to believe the unemployed welder could not have done the heinous crime alone.
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/dc/...earching-for-savopoulos-accomplices/190632161

Above article: DW is in court the 19th for a status hearing.

A status hearing is not a trial date. If the case can not get settled then at some point, it will be set for trial. Usually there are a couple of status dates before the case is set. It is a time for the defense attorney to talk to the prosecutor about settlement.Feb 26, 2014

SH isn't even DW's lawyer anymore so I have no clue why he would be talking to the press, defending DW, and coming up with conspiracy theories.

Thanks for this most recent article. Looks like the next status hearing is not until August 19, per the article. I thought it was in May! Is this a normal amount of time to pass in a situation like this?

OH my gosh, it does say August. WTH? I thought we had a May court date? When I get my weekend errands done
I'll look around to confirm.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mystery-surrounds-dc-mansion-murders-year/story?id=39080287
Wint’s next hearing is scheduled for May 20. His public defenders have advised him to remain silent, as Sean Hanover says he also did. The DNA evidence is precarious. If Wint implicated others, that would prove he was there. Otherwise, the government’s case may well hang on a pizza crust, unless it has more incriminating evidence that it hasn’t disclosed. Public defender Natalie Lawson said the government’s case was based on “speculation and guesswork” and argued her client is innocent.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/132998568-story
Wint is due back in court may 20th.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...9e74b0-d68d-11e5-be55-2cc3c1e4b76b_story.html
No new information was revealed during the brief arraignment, but a hearing was scheduled for May 20. Prosecutors told Judge José M. López that they will now begin giving the defense evidence they plan to use during the trial.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mystery-surrounds-dc-mansion-murders-year/story?id=39080287
Wint’s next hearing is scheduled for May 20. His public defenders have advised him to remain silent, as Sean Hanover says he also did. The DNA evidence is precarious. If Wint implicated others, that would prove he was there. Otherwise, the government’s case may well hang on a pizza crust, unless it has more incriminating evidence that it hasn’t disclosed. Public defender Natalie Lawson said the government’s case was based on “speculation and guesswork” and argued her client is innocent.

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/132998568-story
Wint is due back in court may 20th.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...9e74b0-d68d-11e5-be55-2cc3c1e4b76b_story.html
No new information was revealed during the brief arraignment, but a hearing was scheduled for May 20. Prosecutors told Judge José M. López that they will now begin giving the defense evidence they plan to use during the trial.

Thank-you for this. :)

I hope LE has more than a pizza crust putting DW at the crime scene, and I suspect they do. I know we discussed it ages ago, but whoever was there overnight left DNA. Certainly if there was a struggle. What I can't quite understand is why DW is the only arrest if LE continues to believe he didn't do it alone? Or is that just MSM's repetition of an old idea that might not be accurate anymore?

I hope LE has more than a pizza crust putting DW at the crime scene, and I suspect they do. I know we discussed it ages ago, but whoever was there overnight left DNA. Certainly if there was a struggle. What I can't quite understand is why DW is the only arrest if LE continues to believe he didn't do it alone? Or is that just MSM's repetition of an old idea that might not be accurate anymore?

Based on the evidence list that prosecutors sent to the defense, I think there is more than just the pizza crust. I think there's surveillance video showing Wint in other locations, maybe with AS' car, or with some other evidence that ties him to the crime, or maybe showing him trailing AS and PS. There was also video collected from a Walmart, maybe Wint was buying something that was subsequently found in the home. This is all JMO/speculation.

ETA: Actually... I think that JW reported going to Walmart the day of the crimes, so maybe the video is of that. But nevertheless, I think in that list of several hundred items, there are some things that tie DW to the crime that go beyond DNA in the house. Still... I don't think DNA that ties him to the crime scene is a trivial bit of evidence -- people have been convicted on less!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member