DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am sorry to say that this is an example of a logical fallacy commonly called a non sequitor. Literally meaning, "it does not follow." We have no way to know his reasoning as to his defence strategy. The only truly logical reason for the police to be wrong in stating that others were involved is 1. the police are incompetent or 2. the police are purposefully making false statements about others being involved.

Although I do believe that more than one person was probably involved, to say that police were either incompetent or purposely misleading is itself is an example of the logical fallacy of false dichotomy, that is, the two options are not exhaustive. For example, the police could be competent but incorrect.

Although I do believe that more than one person was probably involved, to say that police were either incompetent or purposely misleading is itself is an example of the logical fallacy of false dichotomy, that is, the two options are not exhaustive. For example, the police could be competent but incorrect.
Exactly. It is not uncommon for LE's theory of the crime to change as more information is gathered.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hmm. competent but wrong? if i am understanding you the police could have misinterpreted evidence either circumstantial or physical but made a mistake that any reasonable experienced detective might have made under the same circumstances and therefore were not incompetent? Does that sound about right or am i completely off base.

Exactly. It is not uncommon for LE's theory of the crime to change as more information is gathered.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Dear Wily,
I am sure you are aware that the police have never wavered in their belief that others were involved. Glad you are still paying attention to this thread.

Agreed. LE could also be competent and correct, yet not have sufficient evidence that leads to additional suspects. They could have DNA evidence from the crime scene that doesn't match Wint, the victims, or anyone who's given a DNA sample. I'm sure LE have tried matching the unidentified DNA in CODIS, too, without success. There are only so many tools LE have at their disposal.

I am still here, too.

I hope it really happens next week. I am chomping at the bit here ... wanting justice.

I am still here, too.

I hope it really happens next week. I am chomping at the bit here ... wanting justice.

Me too. The silence around this case is deafening.

This is not directly related to the case, so apologies if it is inappropriate, but I saw that one of the daughters was running a page for a service dog. It just makes me sad for them all over again.

This is not directly related to the case, so apologies if it is inappropriate, but I saw that one of the daughters was running a page for a service dog. It just makes me sad for them all over again.

If she needs a service dog, why can she not get the money from the estate, trust account, or by some means from her inheritance? I say this with kindness and love. She and her sister have been through so much.

I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with her. She may be terrified of being attacked which could cause many issues. I can't blame her as I would be.

That is very sad. Is it possible for you to post a link, or is that against the Terms of Service here at WS?

I think the appeal is a fake. They are a very wealthy family and her grandparents are still alive. There is no reason for her to be raising money for a service dog on , and the fact that it's a putative friend and not her directly is very suspicious.

I think it’s accurate about funds donated for KS’s service dog, as posted on FB by a FOX5DC reporter.
On KS’s ‘real’ FB page, she thanks people for donations and ensures she will pay it forward to someone else in need of a service animal.
The financial aspect of this does seem peculiar, but I believe a service dog can significantly assist victims of trauma.

https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf
2015 CF1 007047: District of Columbia Vs. WINT, DARON D
Hearing rescheduled again. :waiting:
Status Hearing scheduled for 09/30/2016 at 9:30 am has been rescheduled as follows:
Event: Status Hearing
Date: 10/28/2016 Time: 11:00 am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads