DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could believe this means there is a lot going on behind the scenes. Otherwise, it just feels like they are kicking the can down the road.

Why does it continue to be postponed?

Are the police still chasing those "other" people that were involved?? Snarky remark!

All I can think of is that if the prosecution needs more time to cross their t's and dot their i's to make certain everything is in place then I agree with delays. If the
delay has been caused by the defense well they are just delaying the inevitable, in my opinion

I still can't fathom that this heinous atrocity happened and I know I am not the only one.

Sending prayers to the family and friends of their loved ones. Sending prayers to the prosecution and the police to ensure each detail is effective towards
putting this monster away forever.

Such a horrifying case.

She as well as her brother suffered multiple concussions....did she play sports? I pray for whatever peace she and her sister can find.

Why does it continue to be postponed?

Are the police still chasing those "other" people that were involved?? Snarky remark!
According to the 9/27/2016 docket listing, this delay “is a joint request from counsel to continue the hearing because there are outstanding discovery issues that the parties are working on resolving.”

https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf
2015 CF1 007047: District of Columbia Vs. WINT, DARON D
09/27/2016
Order Entered on the Docket
This matter is currently set for a status hearing on September 30, 2016. Pending before the Court is a joint request from counsel to continue the hearing because there are outstanding discovery issues that the parties are working on resolving.
The Court consulted with government and defense counsel, and both are available to continue the status hearing date in this matter on October 28, 2016.
The September 30, 2016 status hearing date is hereby CONTINUED to October 28, 2016 to be held at 11:00 a.m. in Courtroom 316.
It is SO ORDERED on this 27th day of September, 2016.
Signed, docketed, and emailed from Chambers on September 27, 2016. SA

Agreed. LE could also be competent and correct, yet not have sufficient evidence that leads to additional suspects. They could have DNA evidence from the crime scene that doesn't match Wint, the victims, or anyone who's given a DNA sample. I'm sure LE have tried matching the unidentified DNA in CODIS, too, without success. There are only so many tools LE have at their disposal.
Yes, of of course The police do not have to identify anyone else to know with a high degree of certainty that others were involved. How often is it demonstrated that the police are competent but wrong? Well, the rate of overturned convictions stands at about .050 percent, in other words the police are right in these cases 99.5 percent of the time. The chances of the police being competent but wrong in this kind of scenario is so low it defies the odds. Strictly possible but almost stupidly improbable.

The cost of a service dog can be as high as 30k. This girl will likely suffer from the consequences of this horrendous crime for the rest of her life. The dog may give her 10 or 12 years and then she will likely need another. We dont know her financial situation or her motivations for the fund which could extend beyond money. Losing just a single parent when you are an adolecent is immense but losing both and a younger brother too! She is an innocent victim of a vile and evil crime. <modsnip>

Status hearing scheduled for this Friday, October 28th. Hopefully we won't have another
delay, not holds my breath though.

Status hearing scheduled for this Friday, October 28th. Hopefully we won't have another 4
delay, not holds my breath though.

Is anyone going to attend tomorrow morning? I know some here used to go and report back here.

I really hope it happens tomorrow, a lot of time has gone by. This poor family would like some peace.

Ok, it's still on the courts docket for tomorrow.
Schedule Date Schedule Time Description
10/28/2016 11:00 AM Status Hearing

In #DCmansionmurders, 5 items link suspect #DaronWint to murder scene of '15 quadruple slayings, prosecutors say. Trial likely in 2018.

Gosh, i found one measly tweet on the DC murder trial... that's it :(

This looks like a rather big change in the timeline (and one long overdue in my opinion):
A source close to the family detailed a call from Amy to Savvas on May 13, asking Savvas to come home. Police believe Amy, Philip and Figueroa were already being held at that time.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-in-Brutal-DC-Mansion-Slayings-399003471.html
Now LE isn't making AS look so selfish trying to drag her husband from his huge project for him to babysit just so she could have a night out on the town. This had been bothering me for like a year as it didn't seem in AS's described character and it also drastically altered how the crime was committed to the point where it didn't make sense (to me anyway). I think DW (and others) had been there since 3 PM that day, if not earlier.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...2d0ec6-9c6e-11e6-b3c9-f662adaa0048_story.html
Additional DNA evidence links suspect to D.C. quadruple slaying: prosecutors
October 28 at 12:28 PM
During a brief hearing Friday in D.C. Superior Court, Judge José López said a trial in the case would not be held until sometime in 2018, partly because the defense needed time to sort through massive amounts of forensic testing done in the case.
[&#8230;]
Part of the reason for the delays in Wint&#8217;s prosecution, according to two people involved in the case, involves a lengthy investigation by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
[&#8230;]

More than 70 DNA swabs link Wint to the killings, according to ABC7 News reporter Stephen Tschida.

And no mention of any other foreign or unknown DNA at the crime scene? Maybe he was the only one responsible for the actual home invasion?

This looks like a rather big change in the timeline (and one long overdue in my opinion):

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-in-Brutal-DC-Mansion-Slayings-399003471.html
Now LE isn't making AS look so selfish trying to drag her husband from his huge project for him to babysit just so she could have a night out on the town. This had been bothering me for like a year as it didn't seem in AS's described character and it also drastically altered how the crime was committed to the point where it didn't make sense (to me anyway). I think DW (and others) had been there since 3 PM that day, if not earlier.

I remember some thought he was there early like mid afternoon, I thought so to. The 6pm time frame seemed way too late to me. He probably got in when AF was leaving so he could restrain them one at a time. Phillip was probably in bed resting so he restrained him last imho. So Amy was taken captive, I believe, between AF and Phillip and then they were taken to the same room upstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist