DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you suppose LE does not have enough to convict DW? How long can they leave him sitting in jail waiting for a trial?

It has been so long that I have forgotten, where are his parents getting the money to pay for this excellent attorney representing DW?

My opinions only.

Wint is represented by the Public Defender Service. So Wint is not paying. His attorney is one of the best criminal attorneys in the country.

Wint is being held without bond. Any delays in the proceedings can most likely be attributed to both sides. It isn't as if either side is pushing this to trial quickly.

I have no idea if the government has enough to convict Wint but despite the built-in advantage the government almost always has they are, quite frankly, out-lawyered in this case. Having said that, it appears to be truly an uphill battle for the defense.

Neither side is pushing, yet you think there's an uphill battle because he has a high power public defender?‎

Not sure I agree. Good luck explaining how he stopped by for a home invasion and left a house full of dead bodies and half eaten box of pizza with his DNA all over the place.‎

Apologies if this has been stated before but here in my area of West Virginia, the Public Defenders tend NOT to be the high-dollar attorneys from the more prestigious law firms, thus I find it interesting that Wint is being represented by such a high profile attorney. That said I find the delay unconscionable. :(

Apologies if this has been stated before but here in my area of West Virginia, the Public Defenders tend NOT to be the high-dollar attorneys from the more prestigious law firms, thus I find it interesting that Wint is being represented by such a high profile attorney. That said I find the delay unconscionable. :(

I'm assuming the attorney took the case because it's high profile. He might not make money on the case, but he'll get attention from it. JMOpinion

Wint is represented by the Public Defender Service. So Wint is not paying. His attorney is one of the best criminal attorneys in the country.

Wint is being held without bond. Any delays in the proceedings can most likely be attributed to both sides. It isn't as if either side is pushing this to trial quickly.

I have no idea if the government has enough to convict Wint but despite the built-in advantage the government almost always has they are, quite frankly, out-lawyered in this case. Having said that, it appears to be truly an uphill battle for the defense.

Hi, I've looked back and haven't been able to find the name of his public defender. Do you remember who it is and which law firm they are from?

Hi, I've looked back and haven't been able to find the name of his public defender. Do you remember who it is and which law firm they are from?
Wint’s court-appointed attorney, Arthur Ago, said he’d need more time before a date could be set. Ago said the raft of DNA evidence in the case — he told Judge Lopez he stopped counting at 200 samples — would require more time for his office to test. Ago noted that the prosecution had fifteen months to test as many as 500 samples in the case.

http://wtop.com/dc/2016/10/prosecutors-push-trial-date-for-man-accused-in-dc-mansion-murders/

Some info on him...

http://www.pdsdc.org/about-us/leadership/directory-of-chiefs

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/faculty/ago-arthur.cfm#

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wint’s court-appointed attorney, Arthur Ago, said he’d need more time before a date could be set. Ago said the raft of DNA evidence in the case — he told Judge Lopez he stopped counting at 200 samples — would require more time for his office to test. Ago noted that the prosecution had fifteen months to test as many as 500 samples in the case.

http://wtop.com/dc/2016/10/prosecutors-push-trial-date-for-man-accused-in-dc-mansion-murders/

Some info on him...

http://www.pdsdc.org/about-us/leadership/directory-of-chiefs

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/faculty/ago-arthur.cfm#

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thank-you!

This case brought me to Websleuths, and I think about it quite frequently. I cannot fathom what it must be like for the daughters and family members to have to continue waiting for justice.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Demolition begins at posh DC home where 4 were killed

Demolition crews have begun to tear down the D.C. house where a couple, their 10-year-old son and housekeeper were killed nearly two years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_1040.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 252
http://wtop.com/dc/2017/04/13547941/slide/1/

"The five-bedroom, six-bathroom house located in a posh neighborhood in the shadow of the National Cathedral was once valued at $4.5 million. But the home sold months after the brutal killings for just $3 million.

D.C. property tax records list Four Quartets Trust as the current property owner."

http://wtop.com/dc/2017/04/13547941/slide/1/

"The five-bedroom, six-bathroom house located in a posh neighborhood in the shadow of the National Cathedral was once valued at $4.5 million. But the home sold months after the brutal killings for just $3 million.

D.C. property tax records list Four Quartets Trust as the current property owner."

That house should be worth more than that due to the DC affluential people that live not too far plus the size of the home and property as well. Jmo.

That house should be worth more than that due to the DC affluential people that live not too far plus the size of the home and property as well. Jmo.

According to the article posted up thread, the house was demolished after it was purchased. So really, the buyer paid 3 millions just for the lot.

According to the article posted up thread, the house was demolished after it was purchased. So really, the buyer paid 3 millions just for the lot.

Ole I'm sorry. I just jumped in and thought the home was still up. Oh ok.

I probably would have torn it down as well. Thanks.

The current owners, Four Quarters Trust, also had to pay for the demolition. I imagine that is very pricey too. It is just so very sad. I would also imagine the neighborhood is somewhat relieved to not have the constant reminder of the ugly horrible tragedy that happened there. It would be too much to bear for all.

The current owners, Four Quarters Trust, also had to pay for the demolition. I imagine that is very pricey too. It is just so very sad. I would also imagine the neighborhood is somewhat relieved to not have the constant reminder of the ugly horrible tragedy that happened there. It would be too much to bear for all.

I can't lie. If I barely had the money to buy the house then I wouldn't have demolished its sound structure.

But if I had big money and loved the location. Then I would tear down any home and have my visioned home built on that property. Jmo

I can't lie. If I barely had the money to buy the house then I wouldn't have demolished its sound structure.

But if I had big money and loved the location. Then I would tear down any home and have my visioned home built on that property. Jmo
I had hoped that the house would be demolished and a park built on the property.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

I had hoped that the house would be demolished and a park built on the property.

Agree. But home buyers in that area would not agree. Because that peice of land is prime location for a house

But I'm sure the remaining daughters would have loved to turn it into a park if they didn't need the sale money.

So I agree
Zen

Thank you Dexter Morgan!

I always look forward to your posts as they are insightful as well as compassionate.

Thank you Dexter Morgan!

I always look forward to your posts as they are insightful as well as compassionate.

Thanks Zenny. Same here. I look forward to my posts as well.

Lol. Just kidding Zen.

But seriously. I am scared that the prosecutor is not comfortable enough at the moment to present this case.

Because it seems like baby steps are taking forever while the prosecutor is not complaining.

Jmo for now. But I haven't followed this case in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member