DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know if anything besides money received from the bank was stolen. As I recall early on it was reported that whoever was involved also took banking papers. If only banking stuff was taken - bank account info and money from the bank account - that could have been the motive of whoever was in charge where they were getting revenge on the S family based on some perceived financial slight and the torture may have been directed by the planner or could have been those executing it deciding to do that on there own. I know of one person who could be interested on the financial side where they felt slighted by the S family, but that was many years ago before PS was even born, but I'm sure there's many other people out there who may feel like they've been financially slighted by the S family if for no other reason than because they dealt with so many people that a few of them would inevitably be nuts. If purely BoA money and paperwork was targeted, it would seem like whoever did this really felt like the money in that account belonged to them, like some statement was being made in what was not stolen - the closest analogy I can think of is from Treasure of the Sierra Madre where Dobbs and Curtin beat McCormick senseless and they only take the exact amount they were owed even though they could have taken thousands more where they made a statement in not taking any more than they did by throwing the leftover money at him once they agreed upon the exact amount they were due.

I haven't seen anything reported about anyone taking banking papers.

Agree. Besides Wint's murderous mind. I think the S family didn't have to hide their address. It doesn't seem like they had to hide from other potential doings. They were just regular folks that congregated with folks like them. Who came across Wints crazy butt. Jmo

SS had a web of holding companies all with different variations on the same couple names, but it it looks like those all held business assets or things that could arguably be called business assets (like cars that were parked at the home and presumably being used by family members). It does not seem they were set up for security purposes, but rather, tax purposes.

I forgot about those sites, but I am pretty low tech.

I am generally aware, however, that there services used by the wealthy that negate these sites by registering all tracing information (vehicles, property, credit cards, etc) to a holding company. As a result, any private searches done on the name will come back to "XYZ Holding Company Atlanta, Georgia".

Only law enforcement has access to the driver licenses data base.

I think you're talking about trusts, because registered companies can eventually be traced back to the owner, since the officers and owners will be on record with the secretary of state (or equivalent) in whatever state the company is incorporated, whereas with a trust, you can put your assets into one called, "Blue MountainTrust" with you as both trustee and the beneficiary and your assets will have the trust as the owner. It is very hard to figure out who controls the trust and your estate is passed on after your death to heirs without it ever going through the public record (unlike an estate that goes through probate).

It's been reported for a long time, though not so much in the print media. Various news clips have mentioned that bank records were stolen from the home and the search warrant of JW specifically mentions searching for BoA documents while the search warrants for Wint are much more expansive in just saying they looked for documents in general belonging to the deceased.

I remember that banking papers were retrieved by LE from the home, not that they were taken by the killer.
IIRC the search warrant for Wint mentioned looking for the money wrappers...

It's been reported for a long time, though not so much in the print media. Various news clips have mentioned that bank records were stolen from the home and the search warrant of JW specifically mentions searching for BoA documents while the search warrants for Wint are much more expansive in just saying they looked for documents in general belonging to the deceased.

If any news clips mentioned bank records were stolen from the home, we would have been discussing it. And I don't see anything like that discussed early on. They looked for BoA documens on JW because he went to BoA to get 40K to deliver, not because bank documents were stolen from the home.

If any news clips mentioned bank records were stolen from the home, we would have been discussing it. And I don't see anything like that discussed early on. They looked for BoA documens on JW because he went to BoA to get 40K to deliver, not because bank documents were stolen from the home.

What is your source that JW was given any banking documents? They'd know what the accountant gave JW and I see no mention anywhere that JW was given anything other than money wrapped. I remember that we discussed ad infinitum what type of bag the money was put in, but I don't remember it being discussed on here previously what document or documents JW was given by the accountant as just because something mentioned previously elsewhere, it doesn't mean it's been already covered on here. I don't for instance think it would have been a big issue back then as we knew less about what had or hadn't been stolen and we didn't know money was left at the home.

What is your source that JW was given any banking documents? They'd know what the accountant gave JW and I see no mention anywhere that JW was given anything other than money wrapped. I remember that we discussed ad infinitum what type of bag the money was put in, but I don't remember it being discussed on here previously what document or documents JW was given by the accountant as just because something mentioned previously elsewhere, it doesn't mean it's been already covered on here. I don't for instance think it would have been a big issue back then as we knew less about what had or hadn't been stolen and we didn't know money was left at the home.

I never said JW was given any banking documents. Just because search warrants asks for something doesn't mean police are going to find it or that the person ever had it to begin with. But I am positive that there was nothing reported that banking records were stolen from the home. Investigators came over to look through the papers some time after the crime, but nothing was said about any papers being stolen.

I never said JW was given any banking documents. Just because search warrants asks for something doesn't mean police are going to find it or that the person ever had it to begin with. But I am positive that there was nothing reported that banking records were stolen from the home. Investigators came over to look through the papers some time after the crime, but nothing was said about any papers being stolen.

"They looked for BoA documents on JW because he went to BoA to get 40K to deliver, not because bank documents were stolen from the home." So again, what is your source and when was this discussed previously on here that part of the BMW search warrant was for banking documents JW obtained from the BoA run for you to be able to state that as fact? I'm not aware of any testimony or any filings stating that JW was given anything other than money from the accountant, that the JW photos contained any banking documents, etc. I don't know where you are getting that searching for BoA records on in JW's car had anything to do with JW going to the bank nor do I recall this being discussed previously that LE was looking for banking documents in JW's car due to his trip there that day.

"They looked for BoA documents on JW because he went to BoA to get 40K to deliver, not because bank documents were stolen from the home." So again, what is your source and when was this discussed previously on here that part of the BMW search warrant was for banking documents JW obtained from the BoA run for you to be able to state that as fact? I'm not aware of any testimony or any filings stating that JW was given anything other than money from the accountant, that the JW photos contained any banking documents, etc. I don't know where you are getting that searching for BoA records on in JW's car had anything to do with JW going to the bank nor do I recall this being discussed previously that LE was looking for banking documents in JW's car due to his trip there that day.

What is the source of your claim that any banking documents were stolen from the home?

The CNN special the other night raised some incredibly interesting points regarding what was not taken by the killer(s). While I had not previously known about JW's passport, and don't necessarily think that it alone raises red flags, when included among the other curious things discovered in JW's car it certainly calls into question the notion that he wasn't involved.

If you are up for reading back on these threads we scoured over this topic with a fine tooth comb. This is not new information really. The return warrant for JW 's car as well as the home were made public quite a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are up for reading back on these threads we scoured over this topic with a fine tooth comb. This is not new information really. The return warrant for JW 's car as well as the home were made public quite a while back.

Thanks; I will do that.

I'd been pretty active since the start of this and the passport is what was new to me.

What appears to be new information is that some amounts of money were found in the house.

What appears to be new information is that some amounts of money were found in the house.

Yep- not JW's backpack findings- as referenced in the post I quoted.

I may to need to refresh my own memory on this case. Seems like a long time ago.

The CNN special the other night raised some incredibly interesting points regarding what was not taken by the killer(s). While I had not previously known about JW's passport, and don't necessarily think that it alone raises red flags, when included among the other curious things discovered in JW's car it certainly calls into question the notion that he wasn't involved.

The info about JW has been known by LE for five months. The lead detective testified JW had been cleared and his whereabouts verified. The Asst. U. S. Atty stated JW had been vilified. It's Wint's attorneys who are the ones trying to hint at JW involvement to muddy the waters as to Wint's guilt.

I wish we knew more about the cash left behind in the home. It is so odd, imo.

If anyone in the S family knew it was there, wouldn't they offer it to DW and say 'Take it.' If Amy had cash stashed away I would assume she would have told DW and wanted him to feel he was well paid and could leave happy.

Maybe there was money they had stashed and forgotten about?

The info about JW has been known by LE for five months. The lead detective testified JW had been cleared and his whereabouts verified. The Asst. U. S. Atty stated JW had been vilified. It's Wint's attorneys who are the ones trying to hint at JW involvement to muddy the waters as to Wint's guilt.

The lead detective did not say he was "cleared".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist