DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the receipt Wint had of paying an immigration lawyer a $1,000 cash retainer two days after the murders is telling. JMO but perhaps he feared deportation for his most recent arrest and came up with the home invasion as a way to fund fighting it.

He should have been flagged for deportation but for whatever error in the system he wasn't.
But if he knew he was supposed to have been flagged, and didn't know that he wasn't, yes, that could have become a motive to get some money quickly.

The info about JW has been known by LE for five months. The lead detective testified JW had been cleared and his whereabouts verified. The Asst. U. S. Atty stated JW had been vilified. It's Wint's attorneys who are the ones trying to hint at JW involvement to muddy the waters as to Wint's guilt.

I haven't been here for awhile. I can't figure out why Mr. S wouldn't call someone else whom he knew better <accountant> and knew would know something serious is up for asking such a request. Probably/maybe would have called 911. I'm just wondering if Wint forced him to call JW.:thinking::moo:

I haven't been here for awhile. I can't figure out why Mr. S wouldn't call someone else whom he knew better <accountant> and knew would know something serious is up for asking such a request. Probably/maybe would have called 911. I'm just wondering if Wint forced him to call JW.:thinking::moo:

He did call an accountant ( an accountant actually got the money from the bank, not JW). JW was only the "delivery" person. Obviously an accountant didn't figure out that anything was wrong either. An accountant went to the bank, got the money in bundles and gave the money to JW to deliver.

CNN special was (again) on yesterday. It was an old one. A lot of information was therefore outdated, such as boot print (which we now know belonged to one of the firefighters). The only new information was about "thousands" of money still left in the home (which I find strange, but maybe family forgot about these money being in the home and DW didn't find it). Also, SS was a fit guy well versed in self defense so it's kind of hard to understand why he was apparently so compliant, especially if DW was the only perp. Maybe he believed that DW was going to leave the family unharmed if he got the money.

He did call an accountant ( an accountant actually got the money from the bank, not JW). JW was only the "delivery" person. Obviously an accountant didn't figure out that anything was wrong either. An accountant went to the bank, got the money in bundles and gave the money to JW to deliver.

I still believe he was forced to call JW, I know many disagree. Tis ok. We all agree to disagree on many cases.:moo:

I'm thinking that they didn't take anything that might be traceable: art, jewelry, coin collections.

Moo

There is another possibility. There is no third party witness to phone conversations between JW and Savaas. It is entirely possible that it was Dw and JW talking and texting. I want to know about the phone conversation between Saavas and his comptroller at aiw, this would shed much more light on the situation I think.

I still believe he was forced to call JW, I know many disagree. Tis ok. We all agree to disagree on many cases.:moo:

The accountant would have asked questions if he had to leave the money in the car, if he asked to personally deliver it to SS, could have put the accountant in harm's way. Better to have the new assistant deliver it, who was just learning his job, and would just do what he was told, like leaving a package of money in a car.

this case is very interesting as it seems Wint (and others) had all the luck with them that day, the money was delivered without anybody thinking this is very strange and calling LE, they left no forensics except for the pizza and on the jacket, probably wore gloves, nobody checked out the alarm trip, the husband of the staff member thought something was wrong but did not press the issue till it was too late, they were able to remain in the home for an extended period of time - possibly up to 18-20 hours, this needed more than one person as they would have needed to sleep in shifts, staying awake for that length of time with a belly full of carbs and keeping under control 3 adults in one room and the child in another would have been near impossible

they all would have needed to go to the toilet, the perps had to go to the toilet at some point during the time they were in house, with only one perp it would have been very risky even taking a quick bathroom break, or going downstairs and collecting the pizza, somebody had to bring in the pizza, if they sent the maid or a family member down they could have made a run for it, if the perp/s went then one or more had to remain upstairs to guard the victims,

the perps had no idea how compliant the family and staff would be, during a very similar crime involving the Petit family 2 men were involved, and they tied the victims to their beds, twice a 15 year old girl worked herself free from her restraints and tried to call 911 one time, and tried to get out of the house, it takes eyes on the victims at all times to make sure they are not wriggling out of their restraints and gaining access to a phone/panic button the perps do not know of,

it will be interesting to see if LE ever make any further arrests

Yes, criminals are adverse to risk. This was a high risk operation regardless of how many were involved. One person trying this is just insane.
I am glad you brought up bathroom breaks. If no other new Dna evidence ( that we know about currently) is presented at trial it will be significant I think. It will show that the perps knew how to control their deposit of Dna and were disciplined enough to follow protocol during an extended and extremely stressful crime.

If no other new Dna evidence ( that we know about currently) is presented at trial it will be significant I think. It will show that the perps knew how to control their deposit of Dna and were disciplined enough to follow protocol during an extended and extremely stressful crime.
RSBM

Or, alternatively, the absence of additional dna could mean there was no one else there.

If you hear hoofbeats, look for horses, not zebras, and Occam's Razor and all that...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, criminals are adverse to risk. This was a high risk operation regardless of how many were involved. One person trying this is just insane.
I am glad you brought up bathroom breaks. If no other new Dna evidence ( that we know about currently) is presented at trial it will be significant I think. It will show that the perps knew how to control their deposit of Dna and were disciplined enough to follow protocol during an extended and extremely stressful crime.

I'm confused. " If no other new DNA evidence" is submitted by the prosecution for HIS trial that is significant? (the non-poopers aren't on trial..... huh :thinking:). So that in of itself "shows that" no evidence "will show" that other perps knew how to control their deposit of DNA? :thinking: Is this an attempt to prove a negative?

Help me out... not understanding this post, thanks. I"m not following the logic of the post.

Yes, add to that burning up the second floor of the house as well as the humans, not exactly protocol. This crime is not very disciplined but agree it must have been extremely stressful for all involved. LE believes there was more than DW would have been capable of controlling for all the practical reasons (bathroom break, sleep) you mention, yet so far, he is the lone perp identified. I do believe he had some type of assistance during key times but that remains to be seen. On the other hand, taking on the maid first, than Phillip, Amy gets home and last SS- DW could have pulled this off as a lone wolf. Lots to risk on DW's part but then again, he is a deranged sociopathic human and beyond normal comprehension.
Wish there was more information available. I miss getting access to the warrants and return warrants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you think they burned Philip on his bed? Why did they torch the porshe?
The timing of the initial break n is significant btw.

Why do you think they burned Philip on his bed? Why did they torch the porshe?
The timing of the initial break n is significant btw.

To torture SS in the cruelest way possible, get rid of evidence- two guesses at this point since I'm not DW.
How is the day before break in significant? 24 hours later the home is torched. If you have insider information- do tell.

To torture SS in the cruelest way possible, get rid of evidence- two guesses at this point since I'm not DW.
How is the day before break in significant? 24 hours later the home is torched. If you have insider information- do tell.

There are only a few reasons why people are tortured. I have no inside info. The timing of the break in points to inside knowledge of this families schedule. Who was home at various times of the day.

What kind of evidence?

There are only a few reasons why people are tortured. I have no inside info. The timing of the break in points to inside knowledge of this families schedule. Who was home at various times of the day.

So, are you saying that JW was that insider? Being direct is best for communication.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What kind of evidence?

anything overlooked in haste. I cannot begin to speak intelligently about prints, forensics available upon being charred in flames. Goes well beyond my scope of knowledge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member