DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, what was the overriding ultimate motive for this crime? I believe Philip is the key to understanding this crime.

Then want was the point of the break in?

The forty-thousand dollars that was delivered to the house. They were in the process of converting that money into money orders, which would be cashed later.

I think DW thought the contents of the house and car would be destroyed, and no evidence linking him would be found.
Moo

Police can say they believe this or that all day long. If they had evidence they would have made additional arrests. So far there appears to be no evidence anyone else was involved (and detective said as much during the preliminary hearing). Police also had been wrong on more than one occasion when they believed something and it turned out to be completely wrong. Like publically declaring a kidnapping of young woman a "wild goose chase" and claiming they wasted resources looking for her. But it turned out to be a real kidnapping and woman was telling the truth. Thread is on this board.
Are you saying the police are lying?or are you saying they are wrong?
You have never heard of any cold cases being solved years later? Just because the police have not made more arrests does not mean they don't have evidence pointing to more people. Do you think they tell the media everything?

The forty-thousand dollars that was delivered to the house. They were in the process of converting that money into money orders, which would be cashed later.

I think DW thought the contents of the house and car would be destroyed, and no evidence linking him would be found.
Moo

Couldn't DW have converted $$ from the home into money orders as well? Was DW planning on a risky money drop?

Very interested to hear your theory regarding this, as this actually never occurred to me. TIA.
Why are people tortured? If money was the sole pay off why torture Philip? If torturing Philip was the motive why wait for the money? These two things are incongruous.

Couldn't DW have converted $$ from the home into money orders as well? Was DW planning on a risky money drop?

I am still a bit uncertain about the validity of that source saying there were thousands of dollars left behind. I need more info to believe it 100%.

Why are people tortured? If money was the sole pay off why torture Philip? If torturing Philip was the motive why wait for the money? These two things are incongruous.
Well then, why DID DW wait for the money?

DW seems like a person who would enjoy torturing innocent kids. He has a violent criminal history and he has made violent threats AGAINST CHILDREN in the past. He threatened to kill his 8 yr old sister and he threatened to stab and cut the baby of his ex gf. So I think he may have tortured the boy because he wanted to. JMO

Of course. I just think he didn't want anything from inside the house that could possibly connect him, including $$.
Moo

If Dw just wanted revenge he could have that and leave by cover of darkness early Thursday morning. He could have taken whatever cash and valuables that were n the house. A money drop, any money drop is very risky.

If Dw just wanted revenge he could have that and leave by cover of darkness early Thursday morning. He could have taken whatever cash and valuables that were n the house. A money drop, any money drop is very risky.

If PS was central to this crime- couldn't DW have abducted him and taken him hostage?? Since following this case in May- I have never heard this theory before, so if you could speak more to that, might be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only said he was central to understanding the crime. I never said the motive was to torture Philip.

I only said he was central to understanding the crime. I never said the motive was to torture Philip.

It has always been my theory that Philip was tortured and killed as he was the last remaining male to carry on the S name. The S name was hated so much that Wint [and whoever else] wanted to make sure the name was not passed on through the male child. Lineage is central to understanding the crime.

It has always been my theory that Philip was tortured and killed as he was the last remaining male to carry on the S name. The S name was hated so much that Wint [and whoever else] wanted to make sure the name was not passed on through the male child. Lineage is central to understanding the crime.
you have a very interesting theory even if it causes my addled brain to think about that tacky t.v. Show "Revenge." Why do you think wint hung around for the money drop?

May 20, 2015

Detectives told WUSA on Wednesday that Philip was tortured in an effort to get money from his wealthy father. Police previously indicated that at least three of the victims had suffered stab wounds or blunt force injuries prior to the fire being set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1