DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
anything overlooked in haste. I cannot begin to speak intelligently about prints, forensics available upon being charred in flames. Goes well beyond my scope of knowledge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hmm, you really can't imagine something else?

Yes of course, but what evidence could they wish to conceal by burning his bed? Why not burn each person in their chair? I know I am somewhat hard to follow, but does this make sense?

Well, he is the only child at the scene, maybe there was only 3 chairs available... he needed a surface (wooden bed frame) to ignite a fire from in the second floor (in addition to the staircase).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think he molested the child. Maybe his foreign culture is into fires after killing. Idk

I don't think he molested the child. Maybe his foreign culture is into fires after killing. Idk
I don't think he did either. Interesting point about anthropology though, although other similar crimes had fire as an mo too and the perps weren't from his neck of the woods. So who knows. Completed off topic but, Didnt we invade Guyana in the early 1980's for some reason?

Yes of course, but what evidence could they wish to conceal by burning his bed? Why not burn each person in their chair? I know I am somewhat hard to follow, but does this make sense?

Noone wants to come out and say it is so horrible, but I always thought it was t to conceal obvious signs of torture. I can't stand to think about it.

Noone wants to come out and say it is so horrible, but I always thought it was t to conceal obvious signs of torture. I can't stand to think about it.
Yes, that could very well be a reason. I think it was mentioned somewhere that despite someone being burned there would probably still be evidence left either on the bones or remaining skin. Maybe wint didn't know this.

Frankly, if it wasn't for the torture of Philip I would have lost interest in this case. There is an old proverb that goes something like this, "ignore the evil doers for they will get their just punishment in the end". I just don't see how anything is worth doing this to a child, and I can't ignore it. Evil truly does walk among us.

I'm thinking that they didn't take anything that might be traceable: art, jewelry, coin collections.

Moo

I agree, but why were there supposedly thousands of cash left in the house? DW didn't find the money?

I don't think the nanny/maid who may have opened the door was a threat. She was probably under duress in 2 seconds. The same as the others. Especially if he originally came in with something to tie them up with.

Now that's the only thing. Did he bring his own restraints. Or was his brute force enough to make them comply at first before he found restraints.

Maybe Mrs S and son was taking a nap. So the maid got it first. And then Mrs S woke up once he bombarded her room. Idk.

I agree that a single perp could easily subdue an elderly maid, a little boy with a concussion, and Mrs S. But Mr. S was supposedly trained in art of self defense and was clearly a very fit guy. So it's kind of hard to understand how he was controlled for so long and was allowed to make numerous phone calls to his accountant, to the second maid, to his sister, to JW. Maybe perp or perps were threatening to kill Phillip if Mr. S tried anything (which would have been a lot easier to pull off if there was at least one more perp in addition to DW).

Have the daughters or any family members given any interviews?

I agree that a single perp could easily subdue an elderly maid, a little boy with a concussion, and Mrs S. But Mr. S was supposedly trained in art of self defense and was clearly a very fit guy. So it's kind of hard to understand how he was controlled for so long and was allowed to make numerous phone calls to his accountant, to the second maid, to his sister, to JW. Maybe perp or perps were threatening to kill Phillip if Mr. S tried anything (which would have been a lot easier to pull off if there was at least one more perp in addition to DW).

I think its possible just the 1 person did it with this possible scenario. The owner of the house may have fully complied with everything and allowed himself to be tied up because maybe at first there was no harm done to the others besides tying them up.

Once the perp had everyone secured then maybe that is where things went downhill and it would be too late for anyone to resist. For the phone calls maybe the perp held the phone up to his mouth so he could talk in it.

The only thing that really makes me think another person was there was when we hear someone in the background screaming out. Although it could have been the upset boy as well even if nobody was in the room with the boy. He could have been so tramatized that he was screaming out the whole time.

There is another thing too. The person running from the blue car. It just doesn't look like him although its tough to tell anything from the video. Just seems thinner.

If there is someone else involved I sure hope LE arrests them too. This is one of the most horrific cases I have heard about.

The person from the car is most likely DW. Witness saw this car driving by someone in a vest after the crime. Vest found in the car had DW's DNA on it. As I recall the location of the car is also close to the apartment complex connected to DW.

Quite a few years ago a man broke into a young couples apartment. He was armed with a gun. He brought his own rope. He ordered the young man to lie face down, the young man complied and the perp straddled him, put his gun in his waistband and started to tie the young mans hands. The girl plucked the weapon from the waistband and shot the perp in the head. End of story.
The police believe that wint did not act alone and they have a heck of a lot more info and understanding of this type of crime then we do. If you want to believe wint acted alone go ahead. You can make the argument that's is possible, if that is your prerogative.

Police can say they believe this or that all day long. If they had evidence they would have made additional arrests. So far there appears to be no evidence anyone else was involved (and detective said as much during the preliminary hearing). Police also had been wrong on more than one occasion when they believed something and it turned out to be completely wrong. Like publically declaring a kidnapping of young woman a "wild goose chase" and claiming they wasted resources looking for her. But it turned out to be a real kidnapping and woman was telling the truth. Thread is on this board.

There are always exceptions. To conclude that this case is an exception just for the sake of contrariness is a bit of a stretch. What is presented at trial will answer many questions...

I was thinking that even if there were stacks of money, DW might have thought that there would be a way to trace it back to SS. DNA, fingerprints. I think he didn't want to take anything from the house.
Then what was the point of the break in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1