DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that the current affidavits for the upcoming trial are sealed. This could mean a variety of things, one of them being that the authorities are aggressively trying to close in on other suspects. The police have always believed that others were involved despite the vociferous protestations from certain parties. I am hopeful that the truth will come out. No one deserves what happened to these people and it would be a travesty of justice if anyone involved in this crime gets away.

The lead detective did not say he was "cleared".

One of the sleuthers in this case, blessed life, secured a copy of the 155 page transcript from the hearing- good reading to catch up on. No disrespect, just sharing information that was presented and may be linked in these threads still. At that time, the lead detective and state attorney basically stated he was a witness not an additional suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's linked by Bessie in page 1 of this thread- lots to read but the facts as we know them not baseless opinion.

I wish we knew more about the cash left behind in the home. It is so odd, imo.

If anyone in the S family knew it was there, wouldn't they offer it to DW and say 'Take it.' If Amy had cash stashed away I would assume she would have told DW and wanted him to feel he was well paid and could leave happy.

Maybe there was money they had stashed and forgotten about?

This appeared to be a rather disorganized crime, I mean who enters a home and sleeps over. Perhaps timing was an issue for DW (and any others possibly) in the end and they spent over 24 hours at the crime scene. Quick exit is all I can think of as a possibility at this point. IMO

This appeared to be a rather disorganized crime, I mean who enters a home and sleeps over. Perhaps timing was an issue for DW (and any others possibly) in the end and they spent over 24 hours at the crime scene. Quick exit is all I can think of as a possibility at this point. IMO

I think he knew that he stumbled on the biggest heist of his life and he spent the night to maximize his portion. If this was planned; He probably would have gotten more than 40k and jewelry.

"They looked for BoA documents on JW because he went to BoA to get 40K to deliver, not because bank documents were stolen from the home." So again, what is your source and when was this discussed previously on here that part of the BMW search warrant was for banking documents JW obtained from the BoA run for you to be able to state that as fact? I'm not aware of any testimony or any filings stating that JW was given anything other than money from the accountant, that the JW photos contained any banking documents, etc. I don't know where you are getting that searching for BoA records on in JW's car had anything to do with JW going to the bank nor do I recall this being discussed previously that LE was looking for banking documents in JW's car due to his trip there that day.

I thought the search warrants listed all kinds of things they were looking for. It doesn't necessarily mean they're expect to find them because they have information, only that in order to be considered legally obtained evidence, it needs to be named in the search warrant first? Like I don't think we'll find a video of the crime, but if we come across it I want it entered into evidence. Covering all the bases. They learn from previous cases what to list/look for in case they come across it. I'm guessing, of course :) but it makes sense to me. Cover your bases. CYA. Who knew detectives would find a camera (with photos taken during the murder) inside a washing machine at the victim's home? Ala Arias.

:dunno:

I don't think Wint acted alone, he had 3 adult victims to control in one room and a child in another room, difficult to keep track of all of them at the same time, I do wonder why LE and now the prosecutor (from reading transcript of hearing) appear to be strongly vouching for W1 even though he lied many times,

I may to need to refresh my own memory on this case. Seems like a long time ago.

I'm with you! Since nothing is happening that's published for us to know, I kind of drift along and forget sooo much of the details.

The info about JW has been known by LE for five months. The lead detective testified JW had been cleared and his whereabouts verified. The Asst. U. S. Atty stated JW had been vilified. It's Wint's attorneys who are the ones trying to hint at JW involvement to muddy the waters as to Wint's guilt.

bbm - :banghead::tyou::blowkiss:

I don't think Wint acted alone, he had 3 adult victims to control in one room and a child in another room, difficult to keep track of all of them at the same time, I do wonder why LE and now the prosecutor (from reading transcript of hearing) appear to be strongly vouching for W1 even though he lied many times,

I don't think the nanny/maid who may have opened the door was a threat. She was probably under duress in 2 seconds. The same as the others. Especially if he originally came in with something to tie them up with.

Now that's the only thing. Did he bring his own restraints. Or was his brute force enough to make them comply at first before he found restraints.

Maybe Mrs S and son was taking a nap. So the maid got it first. And then Mrs S woke up once he bombarded her room. Idk.

This is a very complex case. The prosecutions case will hinge on placing mr. Wint in that house when the crime occurred. W1's delivery of money is one way to tie mr. Wint to the money in a circumstantial way.
The police have always said mr. Wint did not act alone.
I am hoping the trial clears up a few things; who procured the Amerit truck, when did they procure it? What other Dna evidence suggests mr. Wint was there? Does this Dna evidence exclude any other possible accomplices? Was there any attempts to get larger sums of cash via money wire transfers? Was the fire alarm disconnected along with the alarm system? That's just a start...

This is a very complex case. The prosecutions case will hinge on placing mr. Wint in that house when the crime occurred. W1's delivery of money is one way to tie mr. Wint to the money in a circumstantial way.
The police have always said mr. Wint did not act alone.
I am hoping the trial clears up a few things; who procured the Amerit truck, when did they procure it? What other Dna evidence suggests mr. Wint was there? Does this Dna evidence exclude any other possible accomplices? Was there any attempts to get larger sums of cash via money wire transfers? Was the fire alarm disconnected along with the alarm system? That's just a start...

Keefer. Wint is done due to pizza. And getting caught with the cash. He is finished. The only thing left is other people who may have been involved prior. But as of now. They only have people for any after math. But. besides that

Wint is cooked. And there is 100k % no doubt about that. Jmo

I don't think the nanny/maid who may have opened the door was a threat. She was probably under duress in 2 seconds. The same as the others. Especially if he originally came in with something to tie them up with.

Now that's the only thing. Did he bring his own restraints. Or was his brute force enough to make them comply at first before he found restraints.

Maybe Mrs S and son was taking a nap. So the maid got it first. And then Mrs S woke up once he bombarded her room. Idk.

I have seen other cases of home invasions and there is one way of entering that is very common. The perp hide in wait, and force their way in with someone coming or going from the home.

So I wonder if VF may have left the house to go home and was grabbed and shoved back inside by DW? If he got back inside at that time, the alarm would have been off as she exited to door. IF he put a knife to her throat he would have been able to control AS. He could have tied them or duct taped them. I bet PS was up in his bedroom and had no clue what was going on. One person can easily control 3 adults and a child if he takes them on one at a time. JMO

Keefer. Wint is done due to pizza. And getting caught with the cash. He is finished. The only thing left is other people who may have been involved prior. But as of now. They only have people for any after math. But. besides that

Wint is cooked. And there is 100k % no doubt about that. Jmo
I hope so. Mr. Wint's current attorney seems very competent though. if he can cast enough reasonable doubt about the Dna and if the money cannot be tied conclusively to wint it might be a horse race. Casey A., o.j. And a few others got off when many thought they were cooked.

I have seen other cases of home invasions and there is one way of entering that is very common. The perp hide in wait, and force their way in with someone coming or going from the home.

So I wonder if VF may have left the house to go home and was grabbed and shoved back inside by DW? If he got back inside at that time, the alarm would have been off as she exited to door. IF he put a knife to her throat he would have been able to control AS. He could have tied them or duct taped them. I bet PS was up in his bedroom and had no clue what was going on. One person can easily control 3 adults and a child if he takes them on one at a time. JMO

My son is so much of a mommas boy that he would be 80 years old and still be sleeping in our bed if i allowed him. Lol.

Btw. He is only 11. But the mom/son bond is still there. Lol. So i wouldn't be surprised if Mrs S was taking a nap with her son while he was home from school at that age.

A mothers love with her youngest being interrupted by a <modsnip> dirt bag. Very sad indeed.

P

I don't think there are many places to hide by the front door? Besides, they would be taking a chance that someone inside did not see them on the many cameras they had. They would also be taking the chance that the alarm would not go off or that no one would hit a panic button.
Its possible Amy was carjacked and they entered thru the garage. Maybe that's why her car was torched? Maybe they posed as workers or sales people, we just don't know. But, it's more likely they knew the various schedules of everyone n that house, the alarm system and other things too...

IMO the receipt Wint had of paying an immigration lawyer a $1,000 cash retainer two days after the murders is telling. JMO but perhaps he feared deportation for his most recent arrest and came up with the home invasion as a way to fund fighting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1