DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember some thought he was there early like mid afternoon, I thought so to. The 6pm time frame seemed way too late to me. He probably got in when AF was leaving so he could restrain them one at a time. Phillip was probably in bed resting so he restrained him last imho. So Amy was taken captive, I believe, between AF and Phillip and then they were taken to the same room upstairs.

I always thought he was there late afternoon. I think he may have grabbed AF as she was leaving the home, and forced her back inside at knifepoint. If he had a knife at her throat, he'd be able to control Amy for long enough to restrain them both.

I really hope the trial doesn't wait till 2018. At the February 2017 court date I hope they say it is going quicker. I feel so sad for the family.

And no mention of any other foreign or unknown DNA at the crime scene? Maybe he was the only one responsible for the actual home invasion?

I expect there is a ton of DNA that could mean anything or nothing and that's probably the big reason why this case is going to take so long as both LE and the defense are going through so much and then trying to make sense of it. There would be DNA from family, friends, workers at the house, workers from work, etc. Untangling it will both be important for who if anyone else is also responsible as well as preventing a defense of blaming Harvey The Rabbit. Just as an example it wouldn't surprise me at all to find JW's DNA in the burned car and that's going to have to be explained in such a way that the defense doesn't accept that explanation and use that same explanation to explain away other DNA. Also related to the burned BMW, I'm very curious about the DNA on the other vests that were found as I think LE may know there is other DNA on those vests. There was no reason for those vests to be in AS's car (and the witness saw the person wearing a vest), so however many vests were in the BMW may be how many people LE thinks were involved, just LE doesn't have their DNA in the system.

Yeah ... cannot say he wasn't there.

One of his prior lawyers basically said he was there:
"{Wint} believes that once people begin to understand who else was out there and what was going on, they're going to see him in a very different light," Hanover said. "I think it's fair to say that he feels at this time that he was definitely set up."
http://wjla.com/news/local/man-charged-in-d-c-mansion-slayings-due-in-court-has-new-attorney-114804
I don't think he was set up, but I think he was taking orders from someone else who may or may not have been on-premise.

This idiot was able to get 40k plus maybe 20k in other cash and jewelry around the house with 1 robbery .

So why did he have to kill them. Especially since he could have been long gone to a different state before the police would be alerted to search the house by loved ones.

NBC4 Washington reported this week that:
During the hearing, the prosecution said it has tested hundreds of items found in the Savopoulos home, and DNA linked Wint to five items. But the defense said it needed more time to test the evidence....The judge sided with the defense and set another status hearing for Feb. 3, 2017.

Local DC news WTOP reported re. Friday's hearing that the defense requested more time to analyze all the DNA evidence, arguing that the prosecution has had more time than they've had: "Wint’s court-appointed attorney, Arthur Ago, said he’d need more time before a date could be set. Ago said the raft of DNA evidence in the case — he told Judge Lopez he stopped counting at 200 samples — would require more time for his office to test. Ago noted that the prosecution had fifteen months to test as many as 500 samples in the case.
Prosecutors argued that the actual number of DNA samples tied to the crime scene was actually much smaller.Judge Lopez said he wanted to give the defense the time needed to analyze the evidence, and declined to determine a trial date. Instead, he scheduled another status hearing for Feb. 3rd."

NBC4 Washington reported this week that:
During the hearing, the prosecution said it has tested hundreds of items found in the Savopoulos home, and DNA linked Wint to five items. But the defense said it needed more time to test the evidence....The judge sided with the defense and set another status hearing for Feb. 3, 2017.

Local DC news WTOP reported re. Friday's hearing that the defense requested more time to analyze all the DNA evidence, arguing that the prosecution has had more time than they've had: "Wint’s court-appointed attorney, Arthur Ago, said he’d need more time before a date could be set. Ago said the raft of DNA evidence in the case — he told Judge Lopez he stopped counting at 200 samples — would require more time for his office to test. Ago noted that the prosecution had fifteen months to test as many as 500 samples in the case.
Prosecutors argued that the actual number of DNA samples tied to the crime scene was actually much smaller.Judge Lopez said he wanted to give the defense the time needed to analyze the evidence, and declined to determine a trial date. Instead, he scheduled another status hearing for Feb. 3rd."

RBBM

DNA linked Wint to five items

Wint's DNA should not be inside that home at all, much less in five places, possibly more. This crime was very viscous and heinous, especially in how the young boy was brutally tortured. As Dexter mentioned, criminals can rob without killing. Is there a possible missing link?

RBBM

DNA linked Wint to five items

Wint's DNA should not be inside that home at all, much less in five places, possibly more. This crime was very viscous and heinous, especially in how the young boy was brutally tortured. As Dexter mentioned, criminals can rob without killing. Is there a possible missing link?

Most burglars/robbers just want to get the goods and go.

But IIRC, Wint had a long history of making very violent threats against CHILDREN and women. IIRC, he threatened to violently assault his little sister and another time, made similar threats concerning his girlfriends child. So I think he may have been a violent psycho that may have enjoyed the night , sadly enough. :cry:

Unfortunately wint has an excellent attorney representing him. This trial is going to be extremely interesting to watch as a trial lover.

I think it’s accurate about funds donated for KS’s service dog, as posted on FB by a FOX5DC reporter.
On KS’s ‘real’ FB page, she thanks people for donations and ensures she will pay it forward to someone else in need of a service animal.
The financial aspect of this does seem peculiar, but I believe a service dog can significantly assist victims of trauma.

11/2016 FB post details KS Epilepsy trials and tribulations since 2013. Service dog would be valid.

It's time for this case to move on to trial. If LE has not been able to discover any accomplices in this amount of time, then they are at a dead end. No one has talked.

Do you suppose LE does not have enough to convict DW? How long can they leave him sitting in jail waiting for a trial?

It has been so long that I have forgotten, where are his parents getting the money to pay for this excellent attorney representing DW?

My opinions only.

Does anyone know if this is happening right now? Chomping at the bit here in a different time zone. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if this is happening right now? Chomping at the bit here in a different time zone. Thanks in advance.

[video=twitter;827560338111467520]https://twitter.com/keithlalexander/status/827560338111467520[/video]

Trial set for Sept 2018 in quadruple murder trial for #DarronWint charged in
'15 murder of #Savopoulos parents, 10yr old son, housekeeper.

[video=twitter;827560338111467520]https://twitter.com/keithlalexander/status/827560338111467520[/video]

Trial set for Sept 2018 in quadruple murder trial for #DarronWint charged in
'15 murder of #Savopoulos parents, 10yr old son, housekeeper.

2018?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members