GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the bolded, I think it was SS himself that came up with the scheme to get all that cash delivered.

I think DW desperately wanted cash so he could hire an immigration attorney to avoid being deported. So he tried to think of who he knew that was rich.

SS came to mind. And he hated SS so that was a big plus. He would do a home invasion and get himself some real money.

When SS arrived at the house, and saw the dire situation, his answer to saving his family was to get some big cash and buy his way out.

DW would have had no way to do this on his own. SS took over and made it happen. Really sad to think about all that.

SS got the video system disengaged, and the cash delivered. And he hoped that would buy him his family's lives and freedom. My heart goes out to him and his lovely family.
Yes, this is what I think happened and why.

jmo

if the guy who hired these guys was that dangerous of a killer, why didn't he kill SS himself?

Well, @katydid23 - what I should have said is the person who hired DW would hire another person to do his bidding again—payoff of 40k is a lot of money to some people...
Person wouldn’t kill SS himself because he’s really a coward and wouldn’t fare well in big boy prison. He lets others do his dirty work.

How would DW know the layout of the house? How would DW know the security system didn’t work?
How would DW know what questions to ask the professional security company?
How would DW know where phone and security lines were so he could cut them? As @MaddyM says- “he’d stand out”, so watching and lurking, especially with the “no standing signs” at the corner, would not be an option.
How did DW know the dogs wouldn’t attack him?
How did DW know VF wouldn’t run out the back door of the garage door and scream for help? I am assuming she was duct taped first.
How did DW know a family friend or neighbor wouldn’t show up to check on PS or drop off something?

JMO

Well, @katydid23 - what I should have said is the person who hired DW would hire another person to do his bidding again—payoff of 40k is a lot of money to some people...
Person wouldn’t kill SS himself because he’s really a coward and wouldn’t fare well in big boy prison. He lets others do his dirty work.

How would DW know the layout of the house? How would DW know the security system didn’t work?
How would DW know what questions to ask the professional security company?
How would DW know where phone and security lines were so he could cut them? As @MaddyM says- “he’d stand out”, so watching and lurking, especially with the “no standing signs” at the corner, would not be an option.
How did DW know the dogs wouldn’t attack him?
How did DW know VF wouldn’t run out the back door of the garage door and scream for help? I am assuming she was duct taped first.
How did DW know a family friend or neighbor wouldn’t show up to check on PS or drop off something?

JMO

If DW knew how to google then he could find a basic layout of the house on Zillow.

He probably didn't know the security system didn't work. But he knew enough to hold the child at knifepoint, and order SS to call the security company and find out how to disable the recording function.

DW didn't know what questions to ask---SS was the one who knew. SS was trying to save his family so he wanted to make sure that DW KNEW there was no video evidence to worry about, so he could leave them alive and go with the money.

I think phone lines are visible and he needed to look for them. MANY home invaders have cut the lines of homes, without anyone else being involved.

I think the dogs were labrador/retrievers. Not especially vicious dogs.

He had no idea if someone was going to show up or not. I think a couple of people did, right? VF's husband, and the gardener? He told everyone to stay quiet or he'd slit someone's throat....

If DW knew how to google then he could find a basic layout of the house on Zillow.

He probably didn't know the security system didn't work. But he knew enough to hold the child at knifepoint, and order SS to call the security company and find out how to disable the recording function.

DW didn't know what questions to ask---SS was the one who knew. SS was trying to save his family so he wanted to make sure that DW KNEW there was no video evidence to worry about, so he could leave them alive and go with the money.

I think phone lines are visible and he needed to look for them. MANY home invaders have cut the lines of homes, without anyone else being involved.

I think the dogs were labrador/retrievers. Not especially vicious dogs.

He had no idea if someone was going to show up or not. I think a couple of people did, right? VF's husband, and the gardener? He told everyone to stay quiet or he'd slit someone's throat....

But the money arrived and DW didn’t leave and didn’t let them live. 4 people could identify DW. Why would you think he’d let you live?

And who was DW talking with on 2 cell phones? Not 1, but 2.
And where were those 2 phones May 13 and 14?

I was under the impression DW had no cell phone until the testimony this week.

JMO

And DW is only 5’7” . Thanks @TFNYBRKS!

I've only been able to catch bits & pieces of the testimony this week. Was the safe inside the home discussed? IIRC it was not opened during the time the victims were being tortured/murdered. Maybe it contained nothing of value? Were items like Rolex watches. weapons, jewelry, not valuable to DW on the street?? Seems items like these would be of more value (easily turned into quick cash) and easier to carry than the reported computer hard drives, etc DW supposedly stole??

But the money arrived and DW didn’t leave and didn’t let them live. 4 people could identify DW. Why would you think he’d let you live?

And who was DW talking with on 2 cell phones? Not 1, but 2.
And where were those 2 phones May 13 and 14?

I was under the impression DW had no cell phone until the testimony this week.

JMO

And DW is only 5’7” . Thanks @TFNYBRKS!

He didn't leave because he wanted more. He may have asked for more and SS was trying to figure out how.

Why would one think he'd let you live? Your family is duct taped to chairs and are threatened with death if you don't get money and fast. So all you can do at that point is try and do what you are ordered to do.

I am sure SS and his wife and friend knew they were likely to die. But what could they do other than try and stay alive?

we don't know if he had those phones on the 13th and 14th , do we?

But that night in the truck, he was probably trying to set up some scheme or escape and talking to family members etc.

I don't think it matters that he is only 5'7". He was plenty strong enough to get the 2 women and boy under control. And then there was nothing SS could do at that point. JMO

I've only been able to catch bits & pieces of the testimony this week. Was the safe inside the home discussed? IIRC it was not opened during the time the victims were being tortured/murdered. Maybe it contained nothing of value? Were items like Rolex watches. weapons, jewelry, not valuable to DW on the street?? Seems items like these would be of more value (easily turned into quick cash) and easier to carry than the reported computer hard drives, etc DW supposedly stole??

I don't think he wanted to pawn anything that came from a quadruple murder home invasion. That would be impossible to get away with, imo.

He took the computer hard drives to make sure there was no video evidence from the security system, imo.

He didn't leave because he wanted more. He may have asked for more and SS was trying to figure out how.

Why would one think he'd let you live? Your family is duct taped to chairs and are threatened with death if you don't get money and fast. So all you can do at that point is try and do what you are ordered to do.

I am sure SS and his wife and friend knew they were likely to die. But what could they do other than try and stay alive?

we don't know if he had those phones on the 13th and 14th , do we?

But that night in the truck, he was probably trying to set up some scheme or escape and talking to family members etc.

I don't think it matters that he is only 5'7". He was plenty strong enough to get the 2 women and boy under control. And then there was nothing SS could do at that point. JMO

13k in the S house. Why didn’t SS offer that up?

JMO

Hi - I'm new here. I think DW must have had help in the house in order to keep 4 people restrained. Also there was DNA on the pizza from another source, in addition to from DW. I also wonder how DW got to the house and left the house without being seen. There's no Metro train stop near the house. Buses go to the area, but I can't imagine that he took public transportation.

From the beginning, I thought DW must have had a gun. Just because he didn't use one as a murder weapon, doesn't mean he wasn't in possession of one when he took control over the victims.

JMO

From the beginning, I thought DW must have had a gun. Just because he didn't use one as a murder weapon, doesn't mean he wasn't in possession of one when he took control over the victims.

JMO

Maybe, but if the victims love each other, then it is possible to keep them all under control, with just a very large knife.

If the mom comes back from the dog walk, and sees a man with a knife at her son's throat. she is not going to disobey. And he could make her duct tape VF, then he grabs Mom, and ties her up. He is a strong, scary guy and could do that, imo.

All that makes sense..... but then SS gets there. Apparently a hard-charging go-getter, decades-long martial artist - sees his beautiful, devoted wife and innocent child tied up in their own home.... by a single short, dumb loser.....

And then, the next day, that one loser goes out for a stroll and leaves them all alone in the house ? then comes back?? Could be SS was already dead by then, but AS, PS and VF were not. Sorry to repeat myself but IMO very hard to imagine DW didn’t leave someone standing over them while he was out.

As to the bolded, I think it was SS himself that came up with the scheme to get all that cash delivered.

I think DW desperately wanted cash so he could hire an immigration attorney to avoid being deported. So he tried to think of who he knew that was rich.

SS came to mind. And he hated SS so that was a big plus. He would do a home invasion and get himself some real money.

When SS arrived at the house, and saw the dire situation, his answer to saving his family was to get some big cash and buy his way out.

DW would have had no way to do this on his own. SS took over and made it happen. Really sad to think about all that.

SS got the video system disengaged, and the cash delivered. And he hoped that would buy him his family's lives and freedom. My heart goes out to him and his lovely family.

I really agree with this. The one thing that has never made sense to me in this context is why SS didn't give him the money he had in the house.

One the three women in the car with Wint on the night he was arrested testifies that Wint actually had two phones - one he would receive calls on and another that he would use to return calls on.

I wonder who he was talking to

Felicia went on to describe his manner as “aggressive and rude” toward her. When asked if he had a cellphone - she said “yeah, the phone was like one you’d use years ago.” Members of the jury chuckled at that.

During questioning by Assistant US Attorney Laura Bach, Ruffin recalled that Daron Wint had a bag with him. Calls would come in on a phone in that bag, then he’d reach down, get the number, and call back from the old style phone.

Melanie Alnwick FOX 5 DC

An old style phone, that doesn't have GPS like smartphones do!?

One the three women in the car with Wint on the night he was arrested testifies that Wint actually had two phones - one he would receive calls on and another that he would use to return calls on.

I wonder who he was talking to

Felicia went on to describe his manner as “aggressive and rude” toward her. When asked if he had a cellphone - she said “yeah, the phone was like one you’d use years ago.” Members of the jury chuckled at that.

During questioning by Assistant US Attorney Laura Bach, Ruffin recalled that Daron Wint had a bag with him. Calls would come in on a phone in that bag, then he’d reach down, get the number, and call back from the old style phone.

Melanie Alnwick FOX 5 DC

An old style phone, that doesn't have GPS like smartphones do!?

Why bother purchasing money orders and dragging the 3 women into that mess? Someone could have been hurt. LE could have easily surrounded them at the hotel or where they were going.

If they surrounded them at the hotel, he could have held the women and others hostage? Perhaps they thought it best to have them out on the road and surround them and not be in a hotel?

The other thing that makes me think that DW had help in the house is that he could not kill the 3 adults in the same room simultaneously. If he was harming one of them, how could be keep the other two quiet and subdued at the same time? Every time I hear the voicemail that SS left for his housekeeper, with Philip screaming in the background, I feel sick to my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1