GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Wagner‏Verified account @Fox5Wagner
More testimony in Mansion Murders today about the night Daron Wint was arrested. George Elias, a Cousin, told the court he helped Darrell Wint turn his brother in to police and was driving box truck. Says he was on the phone with detective when police closed in 5/21/15.

ETA - hmm... explains why yellow paper note with LE contact details found in box truck.

This is what I thought was happening at the time - that they were heading to police headquarters to turn DW in. There was a map published by the media right after the arrest that showed their route from the motel. They were heading in the right direction to 300 Indiana Avenue NW. That's not the jail, that's police headquarters.

I can imagine DW being arrogant and dumb enough to think he could beat it so why not turn himself in and try to look like he had nothing to hide. After all didn't he burn up all the evidence and wear gloves?
:rolleyes:

ETA DW may have felt safer turning himself in with witnesses.

I am not buying the theory that the Wint boys were just carrying this out, but were hired by some other guy to do this to SS family.

Why wouldn't DW throw that guy under the bus, since he is already admitting his own involvement?

I am not buying the theory that the Wint boys were just carrying this out, but were hired by some other guy to do this to SS family.

Why wouldn't DW throw that guy under the bus, since he is already admitting his own involvement?

Because whoever hired DW and his accomplice(s) will kill his entire family in the US and Guyana and his ex gf and anyone he ever cared an iota about.

Just my opinion...

.....snipped for focus.......

ETA DW may have felt safer turning himself in with witnesses.

Re BBM
Yeah I think that may be the reason why the girls were dragged along with them. If DW was really heading to turn himself in then I suspect DW was afraid of being shot by officers before he could get out of the car and give himself up so he surrounded himself with innocent girls so that LE could not shoot him.

Nice guy isnt he?
The innocent girls (if they were innocent in all this) probably had no idea they were being used as a human shield. Remember how he sat right next to one of the girls.

The thing I cant understand is what were they promised to even get in the car with these people. Maybe they were offerred money for a "good time" or something.

One of the girls said she had never even seen DW before and yet they were in a vehicle sitting right near him.

The whole thing is really bizarre.

Im also wondering if DW ever got ahold of an attorney before he turned himself in. I suspect he had met with one and gave him a retainer fee and they may have agreed to represent him or try to help him but probably told him that he needs to give himself up first to LE and dont say anything and then the lawyer would meet him at the jail for further consultation. The lawyer probably had no idea just how bad the accusations against him were going to be. DW may have tried to convince the lawyer he was not guilty and not even at the house.

I respect everyone's opinion but honestly I don't think Wint had any help.

I don't think there has been any evidence entered in the trial itself that supports it either.

But that is jmo.

So what did George Elias’ statement about helping DarrW “get from under something” refer to?

JMO

I respect everyone's opinion but honestly I don't think Wint had any help.

I don't think there has been any evidence entered in the trial itself that supports it either.

But that is jmo.

Do you mean help "before" and "during" the home invasion?

Because dont we already know he did solicit help "after" the home invasion to help with the burning of the vehicles.

JMO
Im on the fence still as far as whether anyone helped him with the planning or actual commision of this crime "before" and "during" the actual home invasion.

Right now Im leaning that he at least had someone help him with the idea of it in the first place. That person or persons may have not been involved during the actual commision of the crime but I do think someone was involved in the planning of this.

The reason I think that is I cannot see how DW alone came up with this whole scheme and know about all the money and how to get it.

"The reason I think that is I cannot see how DW alone came up with this whole scheme and know about all the money and how to get it." Hatfield.
I hope law enforcement checked out that alarm company. There are current cases involving inside info from a bank teller and a police dispatch officer.

DarrW is going to testify, right? but hasn’t started yet? Will he be first up when the trial resumes on Tuesday?

It seems likely IMO that DW gave at least partial confession to his father in that phone call after he saw himself on the news .... I wonder if his dad will testify against him.

Hi - I'm new here. I think DW must have had help in the house in order to keep 4 people restrained. Also there was DNA on the pizza from another source, in addition to from DW. I also wonder how DW got to the house and left the house without being seen. There's no Metro train stop near the house. Buses go to the area, but I can't imagine that he took public transportation.

It’s not impossible that he took all four people hostage and held them on his own. The real sticking point IMO is him leaving while the victims were still alive & then returning to the house to murder them.

If he didn’t leave someone standing guard over his hostages, he should expect to walk back in and find LE there. Or else SS waiting to tear him limb from limb. MOO

But he’d be so visible if he had walked to and from the Metro station. Someone would have noticed him. It’s a residential area and given the demographic he’d stand out. Also, after the murders, unless he showered and changed his clothes he would have been a mess. I live fairly close to the house and I can’t figure out how he managed to get in and out unseen.

It’s not impossible that he took all four people hostage and held them on his own. The real sticking point IMO is him leaving while the victims were still alive & then returning to the house to murder them.

If he didn’t leave someone standing guard over his hostages, he should expect to walk back in and find LE there. Or else SS waiting to tear him limb from limb. MOO
Hmmmm....you've got me thinking. I wonder if SS was waiting to tear him limb to limb?! Wasn't SS found on Amy? Maybe he got loose while DW was away and when DW discovered that, he went crazy in his violence and killed them all.

I'm not buying that story myself, but brainstorming.

jmo

But he’d be so visible if he had walked to and from the Metro station. Someone would have noticed him. It’s a residential area and given the demographic he’d stand out. Also, after the murders, unless he showered and changed his clothes he would have been a mess. I live fairly close to the house and I can’t figure out how he managed to get in and out unseen.

yeah those are the kinds of facts I was waiting to hear from the trial, the nuts n bolts stuff like motive, co-conspirators and so on. Even though lots of info has come out, it seems like maybe those most basic questions will never be answered.

After all he’s put the victims’ families through, IMO it’s maddening that he can prolong their suffering by denying them closure on those basic questions - why, how, who, etc.

Do you mean help "before" and "during" the home invasion?

Because dont we already know he did solicit help "after" the home invasion to help with the burning of the vehicles.

JMO
Im on the fence still as far as whether anyone helped him with the planning or actual commision of this crime "before" and "during" the actual home invasion.

Right now Im leaning that he at least had someone help him with the idea of it in the first place. That person or persons may have not been involved during the actual commision of the crime but I do think someone was involved in the planning of this.

The reason I think that is I cannot see how DW alone came up with this whole scheme and know about all the money and how to get it.

As to the bolded, I think it was SS himself that came up with the scheme to get all that cash delivered.

I think DW desperately wanted cash so he could hire an immigration attorney to avoid being deported. So he tried to think of who he knew that was rich.

SS came to mind. And he hated SS so that was a big plus. He would do a home invasion and get himself some real money.

When SS arrived at the house, and saw the dire situation, his answer to saving his family was to get some big cash and buy his way out.

DW would have had no way to do this on his own. SS took over and made it happen. Really sad to think about all that.

SS got the video system disengaged, and the cash delivered. And he hoped that would buy him his family's lives and freedom. My heart goes out to him and his lovely family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1