GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did it say that SS was found on top of AS? I don’t remember hearing about that.

I believe it was from the reporters trial recap. I know it's been mentioned several times here. My search is hard to work. I do know someone on Post 96 this thread remembers it, too. It might be around there. I know, at night, there is someone here that will remember right away. He/she must log details. Sorry not more help now but I can try searching more later.

10-6d4650aadc.jpg

I want someone to explain to me why the alarm company did nothing.

From Peter Alexander of the Washington Post July 2015.

“At 5:56 p.m. May 13, the alarm company that monitored the Savopoulos family home received a “broken glass alert” for French doors that lead into the stately D.C. house. Authorities now believe that the alarm was triggered by a killer.”

JMO

Doing another brainstorming session here....

What if SS somehow sent DW on a wild goose chase, informing him there was a stash of money somewhere for DW to go get - with the hopes that when DW left, SS could manage to free himself. So, DW leaves but then returns infuriated about the goose chase and kills everyone.

That scenario might explain why DW left the house.

But, it's speculation, nothing more.

jmo
That makes a lot of sense to me. It would also explain why SS's phone pinged in DuPont circle. He may have been directed there. I also thought that murdering the family right and setting the house on fire in the last minutes was out of rage and maybe not originally part of the plan. This puts it together for me.

Melanie Alnwick also mentioned in a podcast this morning that no evidence has been presented of a weapon brought into the house by DW. To her, she suspects that he didn't come there to kill anyone.

That makes a lot of sense to me. It would also explain why SS's phone pinged in DuPont circle. He may have been directed there. I also thought that murdering the family right and setting the house on fire in the last minutes was out of rage and maybe not originally part of the plan. This puts it together for me.

Melanie Alnwick also mentioned in a podcast this morning that no evidence has been presented of a weapon brought into the house by DW. To her, she suspects that he didn't come there to kill anyone.

But was DW wearing a ski mask or mask or other disguise in the S home?
SS would probably recognize him from the machete incident at AIW, dropping of those charges...
How is DW going to get away with the crime/extortion/hostage taking if DW can be identified?? By multiple people??

Who was DW directed to in the DuPont Circle area??

JMO...

SS would probably recognize him from the machete incident at AIW, dropping of those charges...
How is DW going to get away with the crime/extortion/hostage taking if DW can be identified?? By multiple people??

JMO...
Well....there are plenty of holes in the theory. :) Just trying to figure out why DW would leave the house.

I have been wondering if he wore a mask, though that would be really uncomfortable for how many hours he was there, though he wasn't necessarily always with the hostages. He could've been in a nearby room sometimes while they were restrained.

I really don't know and have a sinking feeling we will get a conviction (good!) but still not know what happened.

jmo

I’m not saying they’d have got free if left unguarded, tho maybe they would. I’m saying - if DW stages a home invasion and then at some point leaves the home with no co-conspirator left behind - at that point he no longer has control of the hostages. MOO He has no idea what steps they might take after he’s gone, who else might come along, anything. Plus it’s their own home, they know where everything is and how it works.

After surrendering control of his hostages in their own home, IMO he’d have to be an extreme idiot to return to the crime scene later in the day. But of course he is an extreme idiot - when he went on the run, he updated FB to reflect his new location. Being such an idiot, maybe DW would leave & then return to the scene of his crime.

But he’d have to realize, at least on approaching, that he has no way of knowing what he’s about to walk into. IMO description of him re-entering the house from the Aussies didn’t sound like someone walking into a totally unknown scene with huge potential for peril - no scoping it out or listening for movement.

IMO it sounded like he re-entered with confidence, like he felt secure about what he was heading into. That IMO seems to point to there being someone in there he trusted to maintain control.

All JMO and maybe totally wrong! Who knows! no one but DW (and any co-conspirators). Maybe he really is such an idiot that he didn’t realize the risk he was taking. If so, it’s just too bad he didn’t suffer the consequences.

These kind of violent predators are known to be major risk takers, and impulsive idiots. Trying to rationally explain their actions is impossible. It will never make any sense. JMO

I want someone to explain to me why the alarm company did nothing.

From Peter Alexander of the Washington Post July 2015.

“At 5:56 p.m. May 13, the alarm company that monitored the Savopoulos family home received a “broken glass alert” for French doors that lead into the stately D.C. house. Authorities now believe that the alarm was triggered by a killer.”

JMO

I think there are posts way upthread, from members here that have similar alarm systems. A few said that their alarms are triggered often, by everyday minor events. So even though it is labeled as 'broken glass' , it can be triggered by dropping a plate, or slamming a cabinet door etc, so it just gets ignored.

We had a system many years ago, that constantly sent out 'emergency alerts' and the cops would show up, for no reason. We just disarmed it and ended up canceling the service.

JMO...
I should have been more clear. I'd recommend listening to the podcast as well. What Alnwick said was, he prob thought no one would be home. SS at work, PS at school. Vera originally assigned to Chantilly. She mentioned that the Porsche was not there which was surprising to me. I always thought AS was out walking and her car was at home. In any event, it was her thought, not mine, that DW may have just been trying to burglarize the house but once he got in he found VF and PS there.

Just sharing.

I should have been more clear. I'd recommend listening to the podcast as well. What Alnwick said was, he prob thought no one would be home. SS at work, PS at school. Vera originally assigned to Chantilly. She mentioned that the Porsche was not there which was surprising to me. I always thought AS was out walking and her car was at home. In any event, it was her thought, not mine, that DW may have just been trying to burglarize the house but once he got in he found VF and PS there.

Just sharing.
I need to listen to that podcast! Tonight, perhaps. Is a new one out for this week?

This also makes sense to me that he originally simply wanted to rob....except he didn't take much of anything, which I think he would do if that was his original intent, even with the $40K.

But, what about AS's phone call to SS? Was she bargaining with DW?

Good theory, but still leaves many unanswered questions.

jmo

I re-read all of WTOP's live blog. It is detailed.

“Curiously, the sprinkler business owner testified he received a call from Amy Savopoulos at about 1:09 p.m. May 14. She was calling to cancel the appointment. "She was very nervous," David Arbon, the sprinkler business owner, testified. "She said she had to leave the house. She said her son got injured ... she had to go to the hospital and she had to cancel the appointment."

Amy was alive at 1:09 pm May 14.
Do you think SS was already dead at 1:09?
Do you think PS had been injured as AS referenced in her excuse to the sprinkler company owner? Was she sending a message?
VF was alive when EMTs put her in ambulance which was after 1:24 pm.

JMO

I re-read all of WTOP's live blog. It is detailed.

“Curiously, the sprinkler business owner testified he received a call from Amy Savopoulos at about 1:09 p.m. May 14. She was calling to cancel the appointment. "She was very nervous," David Arbon, the sprinkler business owner, testified. "She said she had to leave the house. She said her son got injured ... she had to go to the hospital and she had to cancel the appointment."

Amy was alive at 1:09 pm May 14.
Do you think SS was already dead at 1:09?
Do you think PS had been injured as AS referenced in her excuse to the sprinkler company owner? Was she sending a message?
VF was alive when EMTs put her in ambulance which was after 1:24 pm.

JMO
IIRC, there was mention in one of the podcasts about those phone calls from Amy to the alarm company being an hour off. Her call might have really been 12:09, not 1:09. It was confusing to me. Anyone have memory of the details?

jmo

IIRC, there was mention in one of the podcasts about those phone calls from Amy to the alarm company being an hour off. Her call might have really been 12:09, not 1:09. It was confusing to me. Anyone have memory of the details?

jmo

Why would the business owner be wrong in his testimony? Couldn’t LE just look at his phone or subpoena records for numbers and times?

JMO

Why would the business owner be wrong in his testimony? Couldn’t LE just look at his phone or subpoena records for numbers and times?

JMO
Like I said, it was confusing. Maybe they don't change their clocks at daylight savings time or they are headquartered in another time zone. IDK!

I think it was mentioned in the first podcast after the trial started, when both the male and the female reporters were on the episode.

jmo

I just watched the podcast. IMO, a big hole in the defense’s case is that DW knew that DarrW was taking him to the police station so that DW could turn himself in. If his defense is that DarrW committed the crime and framed him, why on earth would DW have DarrW drive him to the police station to turn himself in? I would suspect that their relationship would be a bit strained at that point and he would not be willing to take the blame and let DarrW walk away free and clear.

@MaddyM Testimony of Felicia Ruffin, one of the women in the car w DW. She says he kept asking “where we going?” and “how long?” He was clueless.

Twitter
During the podcast, they said that DW knew that DarrW and his cousin were taking him to the police station. Maybe they’re mistaken about that.

Reactions: IDK
I mentioned before that I was puzzled about how DW go to and from the house without being noticed. His van was parked close to where Steffon was working. I wonder if Steffon drove him to and picked him up from the house in that van. It would explain why he then burned it - it would have probably had blood from the victims inside. Also, I wonder where DW got the gasoline to start the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1