GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True but they have entered evidence for weeks now showing he wasn't an accomplice but the sole prepetrator.

Since he was in the commission of two first degree felonies when he murdered the 4 victims the felony rule would apply to him if the DA has filed such charges.

1. First degree felony. Holding them against their will as hostages. 2. First degree felony. Ransom for financial gain.... he would be guilty of felony murder on his own without any accomplices.

Imo
I just do not see DW as some loyal guy with some unspoken street cred that would prevent him from giving up his partners in crime. I can't wrap my head around how he pulled this off all alone but without DW giving anybody up, and no evidence at the scene, I will accept it probably happened that way. Also, DW had several years sitting behind bars but waited until opening statement to blame others. That doesn't follow at all...

I just watched the podcast. IMO, a big hole in the defense’s case is that DW knew that DarrW was taking him to the police station so that DW could turn himself in. If his defense is that DarrW committed the crime and framed him, why on earth would DW have DarrW drive him to the police station to turn himself in? I would suspect that their relationship would be a bit strained at that point and he would not be willing to take the blame and let DarrW walk away free and clear.
I disagree with reporters here as I don't think DW knew he was being taken to Jail, and also why he was riding in vehicle with the girls --that were following the box truck. I think Dwl and cousin come off as informants -- they just seemed too comfortable talking to police. I also believe that Dwl took money or given money by DW. MOO

I just do not see DW as some loyal guy with some unspoken street cred that would prevent him from giving up his partners in crime. I can't wrap my head around how he pulled this off all alone but without DW giving anybody up, and no evidence at the scene, I will accept it probably happened that way. Also, DW had several years sitting behind bars but waited until opening statement to blame others. That doesn't follow at all...

I think one thing we have learned with certainty amd that is Wint will throw anyone under the bus if he thinks it will save him from being held accountable.

Jmo

I'm coming around to accepting that DW acted alone inside the house. But it's still driving me nuts trying to figure how he got in and out undetected without any help. Even if he was able to walk to and from the Metro unnoticed by someone in the community there are cameras in Metro stations that would have shown him, and someone on one of those trains would have probably recalled seeing him after his picture was all over the news. Also, there are embassies and expensive homes all over that area with security cameras. Something or someone would have detected him. Where did he get the gasoline and duct tape? He couldn't walk around outside carrying a container of gasoline and have no one notice. Who was driving the Porsche, and why steal it just to burn it? Why did he burn his own van and why was it parked downtown? It must have contained evidence of the crime. My guess is that he had it towed to avoid the possibility of being pulled over by police while he was driving and having that evidence seized. Someone must have provided transportation for him either to and/or from that house, probably driving him in his own van. These are questions that keep me up at night. I hate the idea of anyone who helped him commit this horrendous act go unpunished.

I think the gasoline was likely in the garage of the SS home.

The duct tape would be easy to get in the garage or office as well. Most homes have it. And it would be easy for him to bring it with him as well. small enough to stash as carry.

I don't think he stole the Porsche just to burn it. He wanted a ride away from the crime scene and he probably was excited to drive the car on a joy ride too.

I do think someone gave him a ride to or from somewhere. But that doesn't mean they knew about the murders at the time. JMO

I'm hoping this week that the jail inmate will testify:

Trial in 2015 quadruple slaying of Savopoulos family members, housekeeper set to begin
Prosecutors said they may call as a witness a D.C. jail inmate who said Wint admitted to him that he participated in the killings with “another individual from Guyana.” Wint was born in the South American country and moved to the United States in 2000 and became a permanent resident after obtaining his green card.

I'm hoping this week that the jail inmate will testify:

Trial in 2015 quadruple slaying of Savopoulos family members, housekeeper set to begin
Prosecutors said they may call as a witness a D.C. jail inmate who said Wint admitted to him that he participated in the killings with “another individual from Guyana.” Wint was born in the South American country and moved to the United States in 2000 and became a permanent resident after obtaining his green card.

He has a few relatives from Guyana...

JMO

The podcast is great! One question tho - there was talk about phone calls between DrW and SW that I’d thought were between SW & DW ..... followed by talk about DrW being hired by SW’s company, which I hadn’t heard before. So now I’m not sure who SW called a bunch of times on May 12-14 with an offer of work.
I also found that confusing, and re-listened and believe the multiple calls by SW were to brother DrW. I believe the count is misleading as many of those calls recorded as 5-6 seconds could not have been answered, and maybe dropped or canceled calls. MOO

I think the gasoline was likely in the garage of the SS home.

The duct tape would be easy to get in the garage or office as well. Most homes have it. And it would be easy for him to bring it with him as well. small enough to stash as carry.

I don't think he stole the Porsche just to burn it. He wanted a ride away from the crime scene and he probably was excited to drive the car on a joy ride too.

I do think someone gave him a ride to or from somewhere. But that doesn't mean they knew about the murders at the time. JMO
Do you think it was DW driving the Porsche? The witness said it was a man with short hair. It’s possible that the witness was mistaken. I also wonder if DarrW was driving and DW was hidden someplace in the car, maybe crouched down in a backseat.

Do you think it was DW driving the Porsche? The witness said it was a man with short hair. It’s possible that the witness was mistaken. I also wonder if DarrW was driving and DW was hidden someplace in the car, maybe crouched down in a backseat.

Or DW could have put his dreads in a big ponytail and hidden them in back of his T-shirt/under construction vest...

JMO

And where was the Porsche from 2 pm until the burn?

Just wondering...

And where was the Porsche from 2 pm until the burn?

Just wondering...
The Porsche was seen leaving DC on New York Avenue at 1:42. At 2:25, only 38 minutes later, the tow truck was seen entering DC on New York Avenue. That’s a very quick turnaround for one person to be able to dump the Porsche in Maryland and find a tow truck to go back into DC to get the van.

The Porsche was seen leaving DC on New York Avenue at 1:42. At 2:25, only 38 minutes later, the tow truck was seen entering DC on New York Avenue. That’s a very quick turnaround for one person to be able to dump the Porsche in Maryland and find a tow truck to go back into DC to get the van.

But do we know for sure AS Porsche was in the parking lot for several hours?

Just wondering...

Hmm...this is weird.

I think 38 minutes was probably enough time - though I defer to the expertise of locals. And what do locals think of the New York Avenue being the route for both the Porsche and the two truck. Is that too much of a coincidence, and if so, what does it mean? Or, is that the thoroughfare that everyone uses?

I guess I'm wondering what route the Porsche took to the parking lot?

jmo

I disagree with reporters here as I don't think DW knew he was being taken to Jail, and also why he was riding in vehicle with the girls --that were following the box truck. I think Dwl and cousin come off as informants -- they just seemed too comfortable talking to police. I also believe that Dwl took money or given money by DW. MOO

I think the reason he was riding with the girls because he thought it would be a better cover than riding with several men.

Jmo

Hmm...this is weird.

I think 38 minutes was probably enough time - though I defer to the expertise of locals. And what do locals think of the New York Avenue being the route for both the Porsche and the two truck. Is that too much of a coincidence, and if so, what does it mean? Or, is that the thoroughfare that everyone uses?

I guess I'm wondering what route the Porsche took to the parking lot?

jmo

Yeah, that’s the route anyone would take that way. There are other ways of course, but this is the direct one and very heavily traveled. “New York Ave” is actually Route 50, a big road that goes through the entire DC/MD/VA area. It’s only called NY Ave inside DC.

The Porsche took the same route too:
“Just minutes after D.C. firefighters said the Savopoulos home went up in flames, a traffic camera at 600 New York Avenue in Northeast D.C. picked up the sports car heading east toward Maryland. A few minutes later, another camera at New York and Montana avenues picked up the car; another camera at New York Avenue and Bladensburg Road captured the car at 1:42 p.m...

Traffic cameras first captured the tow truck solo, heading into D.C. at New York and Montana avenues, at 2:25 p.m...”

After killings in Savopoulos mansion, traffic cameras tracked family’s stolen Porsche through DC | WTOP

It’s 8 mi, 12 min drive at normal speed, from NY Ave/Bladensburg Rd (1:42 hit on outbound Porsche) to parking lot where the Porsche was dumped, and about the same from parking lot to NY/Montana Aves where the tow truck was recorded inbound at 2:25.

That’s a 43-min window, so minus standard drive time DW has 19 min to dump the Porsche & flag down the tow truck. That doesn’t sound problematic IMO.

Yes I think you’re right. So they used these 3 young women as unwitting human shields. Nice.

Morning Taylor.

You are exactly right.

As I have said before this murderer will use anyone whether it's his family or unsuspecting women or anyone else for that matter.

He didn't care one bit he was involving them in all of this. What has always mattered to Wint is using anyone to his advantage.

Thank goodness the arrest ended peacefully but if it had not I am sure he would have used these women as human shields to protect the only one who matters to Wint. Him and only him.

Jmo

If DW’s intention was only to rob the S house, did he not see all the cars at the house? That is usually an indicator someone is home.

And when DW realized someone was in the house why didn’t he leave? Go rob an unoccupied house.

Just wondering and JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members