GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daron Wint testimony continued: On May 13 am, brother Darrell drops him at friends house. Daron forgets his phone in his van & Darrell drives off. At 5p when Darrell hasn’t returned with van, Daron & friend start drinking. He passes out on friends couch

Wint testimony: He wakes up at 1am 5/14 No van & hungover so goes back to sleep. Wakes at 10am. Darrell pulls up shortly after in blue Porsche & says he has a half hour work left on drywall job and needs Darons help. Daron still sick reclines seat, destination is #Savopoulos home

Wint testimony: Darrell has keys to the house. They go in front door & Daron waits in living room. Darrell returns from upstairs wearing construction gloves, holding pizza box. He eats slice of pepperoni - not crust bc ‘it was cold and hard’ (DNA lifted off this crust)

Wint testimony: He asked Darrell if house had WiFi. Realizes he forgot his phone in Porsche. Darrell says to meet him in garage. Embassy employees spot Wint going into garage of #Savopoulos home around noon. Says yes, it was him. Darrell hands him construction vest & hard hat.

Wint testimony: Darrell says hat & vest bc they are going to ‘be unloading the house’ aka stealing & he didn’t want Daron to stick out. Daron testifies he says no. Throws the hat down. Leaves to find a bus stop. Darrell pulls up in Porsche, promising to take Daron to his van.

Wint testimony: He didn’t know there were people upstairs. He never touched the knife where his DNA hit. He never propped up a basement window. He was only in living room and garage of #Savopoulos house.

Wint testimony: Darrell takes Daron to MD to La Fontaine Bleu parking lot. Their brother & sister live nearby. Told him where his van was parked at 24th & K, drives off w/o giving him the keys. Daron approaches tow truck, tows van back to same lot bc Darrell said he’d return

Wint testimony: Before he left, Darrell gave Daron $300 for use of the van that day & two iPhones. Daron didn’t know where they came from. Still wearing construction vest, he threw it at Darrelll & into Porsche when he said he couldn’t take Daron to his van.

Wint testimony: When he went back to dads house, Daron says parents were upset he didn’t call to say he’d be out the night before. At dinner watching news, he sees the house he was at earlier was burning, people inside. Realizes his van was likely tied to what happened.

Wint testimony: He looked up ‘how to pass a lie detector test’ bc he said if police asked him about the van, he’d be sending his brother to jail. Ironic since now he’s charged with 4 murders and defense says his brothers did it. He met up with Darrell that night May 14

Wint testimony: He told Darrell he had to take the van since it’s linked to the crime and pay him for it. Darrell gave him $6k. When Darrell hadn’t picked up van by Friday, Daron asked a friend to help him burn it. Says next am it was gone from driveway. Says he didn’t burn it. ...

Megan Cloherty (@ClohertyWTOP) on Twitter

Megan Cloherty
✔@ClohertyWTOP
Buckle up. There’s a lot. Daron Wint testimony continued: On May 13 am, brother Darrell drops him at friends house. Daron forgets his phone in his van & Darrell drives off. At 5p when Darrell hasn’t returned with van, Daron & friend start drinking. He passes out on friends couch

12:55 PM - Oct 10, 2018 · Washington, DC

@ClohertyWTOP
Wint testimony: He wakes up at 1am 5/14 No van & hungover so goes back to sleep. Wakes at 10am. Darrell pulls up shortly after in blue Porsche & says he has a half hour work left on drywall job and needs Darons help. Daron still sick reclines seat, destination is #Savopoulos home

12:59 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Megan Cloherty‏Verified account @ClohertyWTOP
Wint testimony: Darrell has keys to the house. They go in front door & Daron waits in living room. Darrell returns from upstairs wearing construction gloves, holding pizza box. He eats slice of pepperoni - not crust bc ‘it was cold and hard’ (DNA lifted off this crust)

1:01 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Wint testimony: He asked Darrell if house had WiFi. Realizes he forgot his phone in Porsche. Darrell says to meet him in garage. Embassy employees spot Wint going into garage of #Savopoulos home around noon. Says yes, it was him. Darrell hands him construction vest & hard hat.

1:04 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Wint testimony: Darrell says hat & vest bc they are going to ‘be unloading the house’ aka stealing & he didn’t want Daron to stick out. Daron testifies he says no. Throws the hat down. Leaves to find a bus stop. Darrell pulls up in Porsche, promising to take Daron to his van.

1:06 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Wint testimony: He didn’t know there were people upstairs. He never touched the knife where his DNA hit. He never propped up a basement window. He was only in living room and garage of #Savopoulos house.

1:08 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

egan Cloherty‏Verified account @ClohertyWTOP
Wint testimony: Darrell takes Daron to MD to La Fontaine Bleu parking lot. Their brother & sister live nearby. Told him where his van was parked at 24th & K, drives off w/o giving him the keys. Daron approaches tow truck, tows van back to same lot bc Darrell said he’d return

1:11 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Wint testimony: Before he left, Darrell gave Daron $300 for use of the van that day & two iPhones. Daron didn’t know where they came from. Still wearing construction vest, he threw it at Darrelll & into Porsche when he said he couldn’t take Daron to his van.

1:12 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Wint testimony: When he went back to dads house, Daron says parents were upset he didn’t call to say he’d be out the night before. At dinner watching news, he sees the house he was at earlier was burning, people inside. Realizes his van was likely tied to what happened.

1:16 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Wint testimony: He looked up ‘how to pass a lie detector test’ bc he said if police asked him about the van, he’d be sending his brother to jail. Ironic since now he’s charged with 4 murders and defense says his brothers did it. He met up with Darrell that night May 14

1:18 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Wint testimony: He told Darrell he had to take the van since it’s linked to the crime and pay him for it. Darrell gave him $6k. When Darrell hadn’t picked up van by Friday, Daron asked a friend to help him burn it. Says next am it was gone from driveway. Says he didn’t burn it.

1:20 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Wint testimony: On Friday he went to an immigration lawyer to sort out his ongoing green card complication. Says he got fingerprinted, which he knew would be sent to FBI. Paid lawyer using $6k. Still had 2 iPhones but they were locked. Darrell told Daron he got them from a park.

1:22 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Wint testimony: From there he went to NY to see his girlfriend. Spent $$ on her. Saw his face on news, called dad & talked to detectives who said he should turn himself in. He and gf got a hotel. Next day he got taxi to DC. Met Darrell to get lawyer & arrested by US Marshalls.

1:24 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Defense: ‘Did you kill Amy Savopoulos?’ Daron Wint: No ma’am. Did you kill Savvas, Philip or Vera Figueroa? Absolutely not. Says he didn’t light house, Porsche or van on fire. Didn’t break into house. (Recess for the day.)

1:27 PM - 10 Oct 2018 from Washington, DC

Last edited:
There are so many things in that ridiculous story that make no sense. But kudos to his defense lawyers for coming up with a story that fits the facts and getting DW to memorize it!

DW’s cross examination tomorrow will be the highlight of the prosecutor’s career.

Trial is all but over and don't know who/what lured our Members away on this case?? Is there a big fb group or other elsewhere?

Mansion Murders FB group-Fox5DC- Melanie Alnwick reports... several members have been in court as spectators.
I joined. And was approved. They want to make sure you’re not a bot.

OT- lots of folks wrapped up in the Watts case...and in our short attention span world, S Murders were 3 years ago.

JMO

Mansion Murders FB group-Fox5DC- Melanie Alnwick reports... several members have been in court as spectators.

OT- lots of folks wrapped up in the Watts case...and in our short attention span world, S Murders were 3 years ago.

JMO
I wondered why the trial didn't get much traffic here on WS. It was THE CASE when it first happened. A big group here was very active. I don't often follow cases all the way to trial, but with so many unanswered questions about this case, I expected most original posters to return when the trial started. But, you know what? This is a nice group here. Small, but wonderful. I really appreciate everyone's input - this conversation is how I like WS to be. We don't all agree, but we make it work.

I don't follow cases on social media and the vibe on Watts case isn't pleasant (sorry to say that). So I'm glad all of you are on this case - old-timers and newcomers.

Okay, love fest is over.

Back to the case.

Think anyone will be swayed by anything DW said on the stand??

jmo

I can’t imagine DW’s testimony will fool anyone. That story is ridiculous & makes no sense.

Why is DrrW repeatedly picking DW up & taking him places in various cars if there was no role for DW in what DrrW was (supposedly) doing?

Why did DW keep forgetting his phone in these various cars, coincidentally as they were being used in the crime?

Why on earth did “Ed” invite DW over at 6am to sit on his couch & drink all day? And why isn’t “Ed” there to tell the court about their visit?

When DW asked for a ride to his van, parked 3 miles away, why did DrrW instead drive him to a lot near their sister’s house 13 miles away and then drop him off without giving him the van keys?

And why did DW then get a ride back into DC and then tow the van out to MD again? Since DrrW had the keys, why wouldn’t DW just leave the van for him to bring back?

And on and on and on...

JMO
Thanks and yes I also joined the Fox DC Mansion Murders FB Group during the first podcasts last year! This was such a brutal crime for seemingly nothing more than greed. Also agree that WS had much more traffic and interest before several individuals eliminated as POI. Nothing worse than the autopsy report of a child -- hard to listen to anything DW might say after the ME left the stand. MOO

I can’t imagine DW’s testimony will fool anyone. That story is ridiculous & makes no sense.

Why is DrrW repeatedly picking DW up & taking him places in various cars if there was no role for DW in what DrrW was (supposedly) doing?

Why did DW keep forgetting his phone in these various cars, coincidentally as they were being used in the crime?

Why on earth did “Ed” invite DW over at 6am to sit on his couch & drink all day? And why isn’t “Ed” there to tell the court about their visit?

When DW asked for a ride to his van, parked 3 miles away, why did DrrW instead drive him to a lot near their sister’s house 13 miles away and then drop him off without giving him the van keys?

And why did DW then get a ride back into DC and then tow the van out to MD again? Since DrrW had the keys, why wouldn’t DW just leave the van for him to bring back?

And on and on and on...
Yup -- I'm on trial for my life and can't find Ed....

And on and on and on...

Playing devil’s advocate...because I do not think DW acted alone and I do not think he thought this up on his own. I know he is guilty of multiple felony murders.

Maybe DarrW moved DW from place to place and involved him so DW would be on trial for murder not him....
And mysterious Mr. Ed...maybe he was part of setting up DW...

JMO... and looking at all possibilities...
I think “buckle up” was appropriate phrase from WTOP’s Megan Cloherty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221