GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to why Darryl W has not testified...

Is there a possibility that the state was waiting for the Defense to lay out their story first. And then in Rebuttal, they could call Daryl to the stand, since they accused him etc. ?

I hope they do that....bring him to the stand to give reasons why that story is impossible..

I think that DarrW was involved to some extent and will be reluctant to testify as he could end up incriminating himself. The defense will have to put “Ed” on the stand.

DW testified DarrW gave him $300 for van rental and 6k for using the van when it became obvious it had to be burned.
DW testified he was aware of burglary on the 14th when they went to take the stuff...

JMO and what I read ...

Oh. ok....that helps him explain how he would have had some money then.

I still dont believe him though. LOL I do think its possible they both acted together in this though.

They could both be just as guilty of each other. If LE made a deal with someone that was part of this that sure would be unfortunate.

Maybe they are gonna arrest DarrW?
JMO
I've long wondered about this too and what stops me is the brutality of this crime, and how the public would react if DarrW was allowed to be free all this time and not arrested until 4 years later (assuming no new evidence but because of trial strategy). It's got to be that there was in fact no credible evidence on JW, SW, DarrW, or any of the girls on committing this crime (except for DW girl friend given immunity for harboring him(?)). MOO

DC locals-

Is there a place near Woodland Dr- say 3 to 5 miles- where day laborers congregate and you can drive up and hire them for a day? Or is there a temporary manual labor service like Labor Ready?

JMO and wondering

There was SW testimony that got some coverage in the media, & more on the podcast, about how he hooked one of the brothers D up with a job at his company. The podcast was hard to follow but I thought they said SW had gotten DrrW hired, and DrrW was at new employee training while SW was working at GWU on the days of the crime. If I heard that right and SW’s testimony was true, it should be easy to show where DrrW was on those days.

In testimony in recent weeks, a computer expert said Wint’s phone was used to make various Google searches after the killings, including “How to beat a lie-detector test.” Wint said he did the searches because “I didn’t want to go to jail for a crime I didn’t commit.”

Amy Savopoulos’s mother, who sat next to her husband and Savvas Savopoulos’s parents, got up and walked out of the courtroom during his testimony.

Prosecutors are expected to cross-examine Wint on Thursday.
Suspect in D.C. quadruple killing testifies he was lured to crime scene, never saw victims

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

I have been following some of the updates recently but I had no idea this was going on as to him testifying today. It was a comedy of Horrors reading through everyone who was posting today and thank you so much. I really was laughing at some of the excuses he came up with for the evidence that he gave. I especially love the part where he went for his green card and then realized that he was giving up his fingerprints to the FBI when he did that. And if you can't have a ride, go tow a van that you don't have a the keys for. And not only does he like pizza, he likes it cold!

Tomorrow on the stand, Mister Ed, the talking horse? Wilbur!

Something that I saw in the media that I had not seen in the threads.

DC mansion killings: Daron Wint on trial

"A woman who worked at a restaurant near where the Porsche was found burning testified she saw Wint pacing near that area that afternoon. Wint told jurors that restaurant is where Darrell dropped him off and he was pacing because he was trying to pick up a Wi-Fi signal on his phone. "

Um, I I thought he said he didn't have a phone at that time also.

Since DW testified today, I am expecting Ed to appear tomorrow. JMO.

And what happened with the jail cell mate/ inmate who was going to testify about another participant (DW allegedly told him about) in the murders???

JMO

This Ed guy, Mr Alibi, better be pretty convincing.

I wondered why the trial didn't get much traffic here on WS. It was THE CASE when it first happened. A big group here was very active. I don't often follow cases all the way to trial, but with so many unanswered questions about this case, I expected most original posters to return when the trial started. But, you know what? This is a nice group here. Small, but wonderful. I really appreciate everyone's input - this conversation is how I like WS to be. We don't all agree, but we make it work.

I don't follow cases on social media and the vibe on Watts case isn't pleasant (sorry to say that). So I'm glad all of you are on this case - old-timers and newcomers.

Okay, love fest is over.

Back to the case.

Think anyone will be swayed by anything DW said on the stand??

jmo

I don't post much but a huge thank you to everyone for the daily updates. I am not able to check in during the day and it is great to have a synopsis to read every evening. You all are awesome!

I hope DW is eviscerated on the stand today by the prosecution. His fake self pity tears are repugnant to me. There are no winners here but I am hoping for a modicum of justice.

I have heard that DC juries do not like to render guilty verdicts, but I hope this case will be different. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I know this is probably a dumb question, but is there any way to watch the trial today besides actually attending? like a live feed from the courtroom?

Hmm...this is weird.

I think 38 minutes was probably enough time - though I defer to the expertise of locals. And what do locals think of the New York Avenue being the route for both the Porsche and the two truck. Is that too much of a coincidence, and if so, what does it mean? Or, is that the thoroughfare that everyone uses?

I guess I'm wondering what route the Porsche took to the parking lot?

jmo

Yes New York Ave is a very busy well traveled road to get in and out of in DC

Wint testimony: Darrell says hat & vest bc they are going to ‘be unloading the house’ aka stealing & he didn’t want Daron to stick out. Daron testifies he says no. Throws the hat down. Leaves to find a bus stop. Darrell pulls up in Porsche, promising to take Daron to his van.

So according to DW’s testimony, while he was out looking for the bus, his brother was killing the victims and setting the house on fire. Illogical. If it was DarrW intention to rob and/or kill, why would he go chasing after his brother?
I’m interested to hear cross examination today. It’s been reported that DW testified for 2 hours yesterday. I still have questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1