DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
$40,000 is a pretty specific amount... Considering that the amount is connected to the martial arts studio grand opening events, is the killer connected to the martial arts studio? If not, can anyone find an ad promoting the grand opening?

I think like many things that have been said to the media this is also one that has lead to confusion. I don't think the money was ever intended to be used at all at the martial arts center. Savvas had to make up some excuse for wanting the 40K cash delivered so he said it was for martial arts center. Imo, it was always intended to be given to the man who was holding them all hostage inside of the home.

That is why this transaction didn't happened until Thursday morning.

$40,000 is a pretty specific amount... Considering that the amount is connected to the martial arts studio grand opening events, is the killer connected to the martial arts studio? If not, can anyone find an ad promoting the grand opening?

Suspect is not connected to the martial arts studio.
He worked for AIW many years ago.

28F6F6B600000578-3092208-image-a-19_1432278411248.jpg

Stash: A large quantity of cash was recovered from the inside of this truck being driven by Wint's brother

Q: ^the rented box-truck^ What did DDW plan to do w it?
What could DDW and/or others plan to use it for?

Q: Cruze owner - rented, stolen, reg'ed to other arrestees? Plates from which st?

(Several hrs behind on reading, sorry if this has bn answered)

BTW, anyone notice pic elsewhere,
DDW, full length, in front of a house, w ciggy in hand, but
when registering at Howard Johnsons, requested non-smoking room?

Snipped
I watched that attorney on The Kelly File last night. He was insinuating that the pizza crust wasn't even found in the house....maybe they found it from a trash can outside, etc.

Bring it on, lawyer man. I think LE has more than the pizza to go on. And even if they did find it in the trash, that still places him in the vicinity at the time of the crime.

Sounds like he's kissing up to the killer to get a job and some headlines. Classy.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/22/feds-barely-missed-dc-family-slaughter-suspect-in-brooklyn/

The ex-con who allegedly slaughtered a wealthy Washington family and their housekeeper fled to Brooklyn after the grisly murders — then took a costly ride back to the capital in a livery cab when he realized he’d become a wanted man.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, was arrested Thursday night — eight days after he allegedly tortured and killed American Iron Works CEO Savvas Savopoulos, 46, his 47-year-old wife, Amy, their 10-year-old son, Philip, and their housekeeper, Veralicia Figueroa, 57, on May 13, police said.
He’d been staying in his gal pal’s Canarsie apartment since Sunday — but wasn’t concerned about getting caught until he was named as a suspect Wednesday night, a law enforcement source said.
Wint was “shocked” by the warrant for his arrest, the source added. He called his parents in Maryland, then hopped in a livery cab, forking over hundreds of dollars to get back to DC, the source said.
His parents got in touch with authorities, telling them he’d been staying with the paramour in Brooklyn. Marshals in New York City went to his girlfriend’s Canarsie pad, but missed him by a few hours, the source said.
“We tracked him up to New York City and barely missed him [Wednesday] night,” Robert Fernandez, commander of the US Marshals Services’ Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force, said Friday morning, CNN reported.
They tracked the gal pal down Thursday at the Jamaican restaurant where she works and brought her in for questioning at the 69th Precinct.

I guess I don't understand why everyone with him would have been released. Did they all claim to not KNOW that he was a wanted man? No aiding and abetting charges? Harboring a fugitive?

Any legal eagles here?

I am not certain it is connected
That may have been the excuse given to get the money from the bank
This morning's local DC television reports referred to $40K being used as a raffle/giveaway for the grand opening of the martial arts studio.

This morning's local DC television reports referred to $40K being used as a raffle/giveaway for the grand opening of the martial arts studio.

I had not heard anything about this
Thats quite a prize

I am not so sure thats accurate

I love it too! I find it odd that the characters I love and root for are the police AND the criminals. But NOT the politicians!

I plan to do a re-watch like you are, starting this holiday season. I only wish I could watch it again from the start without knowing how everyone's story ends.

Right? It was rooting for Omar...and Bubbles!! Knowing how this whole series was based on facts...though of course, manipulated for a fictional drama...is why I am having a hard time with what is currently happening in Baltimore.

Mrs Figueroa was taken to Georgetown Hosp and died there.

omg Philip died from thermal and sharp force injuries :(

Paul Wagner @Fox5Wagner · 4m 4 minutes ago

Breaking: Court affidavit says Daron Wint and "others" were involved in the murders of the Savopoulos family and their housekeeper.

Paul Wagner @Fox5Wagner · 5m 5 minutes ago

Breaking: Court affidavit says all 4 people were killed after Daron Wint and "others" received a delivery of 40 thousand dollars in cash.

https://twitter.com/Fox5Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member