DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the bit about "IT" or the courrier/assistant lying to the cops as big a deal as it sounds? Or it is just confusion from two witnesses?

I just read this and was about to post it myself. W-1 has to mean Witness 1? But what does IT stand for? Are those initials of the courier? Anybody?

I think W-1 is the courier, based on the final statement attached to the #449 post in this thread.

I wonder if "IT" was the one formerly employed at Autobahn Indoor Speedway??

Agree W-1: Witness 1

IT: thinking an employee

...when IT received the money from the other employee

Would think at least two employees involved

Confused

I think the accountant probably went to the bank also.

Then why did he show up 5 years later at AIW armed with a machete?

Good point. Dr. Anthony Garcia waited years after he was kicked out of Creighton's residency program. He murdered the son of one of his boss' and a housekeeper. Five years later, he struck again.

The real tragedy in this case is that SS seemed to be the kind of person who believed in giving someone a second chance.

JMO

Paul Wagner @Fox5Wagner · 4m 4 minutes ago

Breaking: Court affidavit says Daron Wint and "others" were involved in the murders of the Savopoulos family and their housekeeper.

So it is possible that the video is not Wint
I hope they know who "others" are

Can't be. Their stories didn't match, hence "W-1 admitted IT lied..."
W-1 admitted he lied.. IT instead of he.

As detectives continue to question W-1, IT changed IT's account of events. IT is W-1.

I think W-1 is the courier, based on the final statement attached to the #449 post in this thread.

No - IT has to be the courier. IT put the envelope in the red car in the garage. Their description of the bag differed, and the story of the timing differed.
I can't tell if this is significant or not. Is there a chance that the whole $40k never made it to the red car? Wint was apparently found with $10k in the truck. Where's the rest of it?

I am confused about this. I have a hard time following police reports when they say W-1, etc. Who is W-1? Is W-1 the same person in all of the reports, or is W-1 the actual person and is used for all people involved? Who is IT? I think that just reads weird, I assume they are initials...but IT reads like it. LOL!!

Maybe I am just not following this correctly???

Early reports said it wasn't clear if the associate knew the "package" was actually money. I am assuming that one of these two was the associate, and it looks pretty clear that they knew it was money since they seem to have put it into and taken it out of bags and envelopes.

Also I was thinking. If your employer told you to go pick up some money and bring it to their house, but to drop it off in a car in the garage instead of giving it to them or instead of taking it into the home, wouldn't that make you question what was going on?

I've typed out the most interesting segment to me replacing IT with him/his. This is not a quote from anywhere, just made it easier for me to understand:

As detectives continued to question W-1, he changed his account of the events regarding how he received the package, where he left the package and when he was told to get the package. When he was questioned about a text he had received from Mr. Savopoulos on Wednesday May 13, 2015, W-1 changed his statement.
This text was addressed to W-1 and the text directed him to meet the other employee on Thursday morning in Hyattsville to pick up the package. After being shown the text, W-1 admitted the text was accurate and he made a mistake about he was first told to get the package. W-1 was also questioned about what the money was contained in when he received the money from the other employee. W-1 admitted that he had lied when he stated the money was in a manila envelope when he received the money from the other employee.
W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee’s pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 then drove to Mr. Savopolous’ house…

One horrifying thought I had was perhaps W-1 didn't deliver all of the money.

CFobXHOWgAELgFq.png

Can anyone decipher what he lied about? I get that he first said he took the $ in a manilla envelope. Later he admitted the $ was first in red bags which he TRANSFERRED to the manilla envelope and placed in SS's car as directed. Did he also get the day wrong when SS requested the $? Did he first say it was Wed. and then - when shown the text - say it was Thur. not Wed.? These seem to be minor issues that could be explained by the trauma of realizing his boss and family and Vera had been brutally murdered and were likely being tortured when he was just a few yards away putting the $ in the car.....( I may be wrong and he may be in on it but I'm not feeling it so far).

I think IT is the recently hired 'driver' and 'assistant'.

Oh, wait, W1 (Witness 1) is the same as IT? Help!

Edit to add:

Okay, answering my own question, W1 and IT are one and the same, the driver/assistant. There is another unnamed employee that is ... unnamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55