DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've typed out the most interesting segment to me replacing IT with him/his. This is not a quote from anywhere, just made it easier for me to understand:

One horrifying thought I had was perhaps W-1 didn't deliver all of the money.

Thanks!!

I wonder if this was a case of the assistant trying to protect his boss? Just thinking of some possibilities.

They use IT in this too. It's a way to protect the identity of a witness.
https://mobile.twitter.com/CBSNLive/status/601823584806371328/photo/1
CFobXHOWgAELgFq.png

No - IT has to be the courier. IT put the envelope in the red car in the garage. Their description of the bag differed, and the story of the timing differed.
I can't tell if this is significant or not. Is there a chance that the whole $40k never made it to the red car? Wint was apparently found with $10k in the truck. Where's the rest of it?

I could see it as possible though not probable that some of the money was stolen and the failure to deliver the ransom is why the family was killed. If the family was known to have poor security, the driver could have planned to say a random burglar stole it (not knowing the money was intended as a ransom and that his boss would be killed).

so IT is W-1?

Try reading it as W-1 and IT as a female pronoun and it makes more sense.

I think the purpose of using IT is so that it isn't spelled out if the witness is male or female. They use IT to keep from using a gender specific pronoun.

Then why did he show up 5 years later at AIW armed with a machete?

I don't think he ever confronted anyone at AIW. It seems he must have been sitting somewhere in the vicinity with a machete and a beer. He was only convicted of having an open container iirc.

I think if he had actually threatened anyone that worked there at AIW he would have had much more severe charges and not just a conviction of having an open container or beer.

IMO

OOHHHHH...based on what I am reading here, and previous reports, the brother is involved up to his ears in the aftermath at the very least, and most likely the actual crime.
They were buying money orders with the 40k

W-1 admitted he lied.. IT instead of he.

As detectives continue to question W-1, IT changed IT's account of events. IT is W-1.

NO!!! That's not correct. Read it again... :) I have transcribed every word of that tweet window so we can copy and paste parts we need to look at.
Here it is:

"As detectives continued to question W-1, IT changed IT's account of the events regarding how IT received the package, where IT left the package and when IT was told to get the package. When W-1 was questioned about a test IT had received from Mr. Savopoulos on Wednesday, May 13, 2015, W-1 changed IT's statement.

This text was addressed to W-1 and the text directed IT to meet the other employee on Thursday morning in Hyattsville to pick up the package. After being shown the text, W-1 admitted the text was accurate and IT made a mistake about when IT was first told to get the package. W-1 was also questioned about what the money was contained in when IT received the money from the other employee.

W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 admitted that IT had lied when IT stated the money was in a manila envelope when IT received the money from the other employee.

W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1. W-1 then drove to Mr. Savopoulos' house and called Mr. Savopoulos ten minutes before IT arrived at the home.

Mr. Savopoulos told W-1 to leave the money in the car inside the garage. W-1 stated, when IT arrived at Mr. Savopoulos' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car. After placing the money in the envelope W-1 stated IT placed the envelope on the drivers seat of the car in the garage."

I don't think he ever confronted anyone at AIW. It seems he must have been sitting somewhere in the vicinity with a machete and a beer. He was only convicted of having an open container iirc.
I think if he had actually threatened anyone that worked there at AIW he would have had much more severe charges and not just a conviction of having an open container or beer.
IMO

That's not an explanation as to why he's hanging around his ex-employers with a machete. That he hadn't threatened anyone, it didn't mean he wasn't intending to. Some ex-employee hiding behind a trashcan by his ex-employers sounds like someone who is lying in wait for something.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29135187/daron-wint-court

New article stating he didn't act alone, that pizza was found in the room where adults were killed, and stating that the assistant was not initially truthful

Please excuse any errors- on my phone!

Well, no wonder he called crying then......

I predict the fine people in the DC Police Dept. will make additional arrests before they clock out for the holiday weekend.

It sounds like the assistant told an inaccurate story to police which suggested he was not aware that the package he had been directed to deliver contained a large amount of cash. Now maybe the other employee said something like "Oh, I was supposed to have this wrapped up before I gave it to you, please don't say anything." Or maybe some of the money didn't make it into the garage.

Can anyone decipher what he lied about? I get that he first said he took the $ in a manilla envelope. Later he admitted the $ was first in red bags which he TRANSFERRED to the manilla envelope and placed in SS's car as directed. Did he also get the day wrong when SS requested the $? Did he first say it was Wed. and then - when shown the text - say it was Thur. not Wed.? These seem to be minor issues that could be explained by the trauma of realizing his boss and family and Vera had been brutally murdered and were likely being tortured when he was just a few yards away putting the $ in the car.....( I may be wrong and he may be in on it but I'm not feeling it so far).

That's what it looks like to me. Originally witness said money were given to him in an envelope, but apparently the money were given in a red bag and witness transferred money into an envelope.

I can't figure out why the assistant lied, or if it means anything sinister.

So he basically lied about when he was told to get the money, what kind of container the money came in, and whether the car in the garage was locked or unlocked.

I just can't figure out the significance of that right now. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight