DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what you typed with IT replaced with HE/HIM/HIS (could be SHE/HER/HERS if you think W-1 is female). I think W-1 and IT are one and the same.

I think W-1 stands for witness 1 and IT is used so they don't have to say HE or SHE. I think W-1 and IT is the same person.

To me it sounds like he was mistaken about some of the details and they are making a big deal out of it. He lied about money being in an envelope originally when it was in a red bag. Big oppie doo. What does it have to do with the crime? Nothing as far as I can tell.

I think lying to police in a case of this magnitude is quite a big "oppie do."

That's what you typed with IT replaced with HE/HIM/HIS (could be SHE/HER/HERS if you think W-1 is female). I think W-1 and IT are one and the same.

OK. Thanks everybody. After all that, I think I'm going to take your version. Because in the affidavit it specifically says W-1 delivered the cash. So they have to be the same person. I guess I'm just not familiar with how police write things. No idea why they used "IT" in there.

OK. Thanks everybody. After all that, I think I'm going to take your version. Because in the affidavit it specifically says W-1 delivered the cash. So they have to be the same person. I guess I'm just not familiar with how police write things. No idea why they used "IT" in there.

I THINK they were trying to protect the gender, but I'm not sure.

jmo

You can read all the docs in this article here. Just scroll through at the top. - http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29135187/daron-wint-court

There's some new info in there - ie: AS was the one who ordered the pizza (while being held captive); numerous neon lime green vests were found in the garage, etc.

There was pretty much DEFINITELY more than one killer here.

jmo

Ooooo, it also says one of the pizzas was a cheese pizza that was whole and had not been eaten. The other pizza was pepperoni and only about 3/4 appeared to have been eaten. The pizza crusts were left in the box containing the remaining pepperoni pie.

That's how I read it, too. Would someone really be that stupid to pocket half of the money he was supposed to deliver to his employer? If so, no wonder he was crying. I hope that isn't where this is leading.....

Its hard to imagine that he would be that stupid JMO

$40,000 Delivered to Family's Home

On Wednesday, FOX 5's Paul Wagner reported a large amount of money was scheduled to be delivered at the Savopoulos' D.C. home last week. According to Nelitza Gutierrez, a housekeeper working for the Savopoulos family, $40,000 in cash was to be delivered to the house on Woodland Drive on May 14, the day the bodies were found after a fire.

In an off-camera interview, Gutierrez says an assistant was scheduled to drop off the cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia. The housekeeper says she spoke with the person who was supposed to make the delivery and he confirmed he dropped it off at the house that morning.

Gutierrez is the same housekeeper who received a text message on the morning of May 14 telling her not to come to the Savopoulos' home because the family was sick.

That is an excerpt from the information posted at the link upthread (http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29135187/daron-wint-court)

Sounds like our old friend NG and the courier gave conflicting information here. It's certainly a bad time for either one to get caught in a lie. Just one of them lied? Or both?

I hope the police are aware that the niece who lives in FL posted about this cash delivery days before we heard the news reports about it in the comments section of a news website. I can't remember if she mentioned the timing....but if she did I wonder how that info compares to the affidavits?

BBM. The big questions for me have been how NG knew about the drop and why she called to confirm it.

JMO

Ooooo, it also says one of the pizzas was a cheese pizza that was whole and had not been eaten. The other pizza was pepperoni and only about 1/4 appeared to have been eaten. The pizza crusts were left in the box containing the remaining pepperoni pie.

That doesn't point to multiple perps, does it?
Maybe the perp did pull all of it by himself.

Unfortunately crimes just like this one has become very viscous and the only motive was money.

I don't see how that could have any affect on him. I am sure he has had other employment since its been 10 years ago that he even worked for AIW.

I think he knew the family had money and the motive was to get what he could from this family. Murdering the victims before the suspect leaves the scene has become all too common. It seems that is what suspects do these days so that no living witness is left behind.

IMO

I think you're right; and I don't think we need to over-analyze, or read more into this situation than logic warrants. He knew enough about the family to know that he could coerce money from them, and he (and probably others) cynically conspired to do whatever they believed it took to get that money and ensure there would be no witnesses (reminds me of the Clutter murders back in the 1950s).

My opinion is that you should play the paradigm first, and if that doesn't work out, you can start getting creative.

It also clears up the inconsistency in when the pizza was ordered (around 9pm), who ordered it (Mrs. S) and how it was paid for (credit card.) Pizza delivery instructions were to ring doorbell and leave them on the doorstep because Mrs. S was nursing a sick child. Delivery driver stated all the lights were out in the house and only porch light was on.

Did the chief state they had video, before or after they caught up with the girlfriend? She had his phone and maybe he had video on it.

Did DDW still have dreads when he was arrested? The affidavit says that a black male with short well-groomed hair was seen driving a blue Porsche erratically around 1:30 pm on May 14.

Is it possible W-1 was in on it with DDW, and double-crossed DDW and pocketed half the cash?

Crazier things have happened. But for a part of only $40,000???? Kind of strange. $4million maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl