DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, w-2 is just someone that the driver sent a picture of 2 bundles of money to. The person who went to the bank is only described as "the employee" that person has not been assigned a Witness number at the time of the charging documents. I personally believe that "the employee" who got the cash at the Hyattsville bank branch is the accountant. But he is definitely not W-2.

I wonder if the "driver" unintentionally made people think his wealthy employer had so much money he probably had about 100K in a home safe or had really expensive jewelry worth that or more in a home safe. All speculation on the part of the "show-off" driver. The info. reached the wrong ears and this was all supposed to be nothing but a home robbery. I wouldn't be surprised if they wore masks, but then when the money was not in the house, they got tired of the masks which led to having to kill anyone who could identify them. They were torturing the boy thinking Mr. S would come clean and give them the location of the house "safe". It just all went wrong, maybe.

This hasn't been brought up and I hope I don't offend. SS had to know that whoever delivered the money would be put at some risk of being harmed as well. Were I in his shoes, it would be hard to ask someone I'd worked with and known for years.
That was my thought too.

Thank you. Something really bothers me about this scenario. SS needs a crucial delivery to save his family. He entrusts a fairly new employee with this task. Wouldn't he chose someone he has employed a lot longer? So... could DDW have requested this particular employee because he was an accomplice? My other thought is that SS did chose this employee because he was new and might not ask too many questions or be suspicious.

Sadly, I agree with the gerneral notion that he got someone involved that would not ask questions, which would be related to relationship and roles. The driver isnt going to question the request for 40K, while a colleague might indeed ask what the heck is going on, and probably know that most people dont "start" a bussiness with cash- to a more educated person, that "story" would not work.

Noone starts a bussiness with cash, makes no sense!

Could the hatred for this child (PS) stem from his personal relationship with his own eight year old brother?

This hasn't been brought up and I hope I don't offend. SS had to know that whoever delivered the money would be put at some risk of being harmed as well. Were I in his shoes, it would be hard to ask someone I'd worked with and known for years.
Also, he would need someone who wouldn't ask questions. Considering money were to be left in the car. Which is bizarre to say the least.

I believe his father remarried, and he and his new wife have an eight year old. Not sure...

It's been said a few times before but I'm feeling helpful: replace IT with he/him/his (or she/her/hers) as grammatically appropriate. "IT" is used to disguise the gender of the witness. W-1 is, I believe, the recently hired driver who for some reason was chosen to deliver the money to the house. Why he lied is a very interesting question. jjenny believes it was due to stress.

He could have thought he messed up, or was embarrassed about the money photo and didn't want them to know about it - that he handled the money and took a picture. Hence the lie about the envelope.

He could have thought he messed up, or was embarrassed about the money photo and didn't want them to know about it - that he handled the money and took a picture. Hence the lie about the envelope.

I think they were working him as a suspect and maybe were hostile toward him. I've been questioned by detectives as a witness and they can put a lot of pressure on you, even if you did nothing wrong.

Or the employee/accountant person could be a woman. He probably would not put a woman in danger.

He had at least one girlfriend in NY (that we know of). When he was arrested, he was with several males and females, so he had friends.

And we need to remember, he had a skill set, that required some training:

Welding education requirements vary by employer. Some employers require welders to have a high school diploma and require completion of employer-based welding tests. Other employers look for a certificate or undergraduate degree from a technical school, vocational school or community college. Welders may also learn techniques through welding apprenticeships.
Welding education programs may culminate in a Welding Certificate of Achievement, Associate of Science in Welding or Bachelor of Science in Welding Engineering. Formal education programs may take anywhere from a few weeks to a few years to complete.
Students in a welding program learn the art of heating and shaping metals. Required classes may include advanced mathematics, metallurgy, blueprint reading, welding symbols, pipe layout and a welding practicum. Methods and techniques taught in welding classes include arc welding, soldering, brazing, casting and bronzing. Hands-on training often includes oxyacetylene welding and cutting, shielded metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding and gas metal arc welding.

http://study.com/welding_education.html

A one-time community college student

http://www.newstalk1030.com/news/who-is-washington-murder-suspect-darron-dellon-dennis-wint/

If not involved in this I think he lied because he may have done something foolish like look through the package take selfies with it or whatever with his phone and didn't want anyone to know and then low and behold this is not just "wow I am delivering a lot of money" but people were murdered and he was under duress brought on by embarrassment and feeling a fool perhaps.

It's been said a few times before but I'm feeling helpful: replace IT with he/him/his (or she/her/hers) as grammatically appropriate. "IT" is used to disguise the gender of the witness. W-1 is, I believe, the recently hired driver who for some reason was chosen to deliver the money to the house. Why he lied is a very interesting question. jjenny believes it was due to stress.

I believe his father remarried, and he and his new wife have an eight year old. Not sure...

:welcome4:

I think it's a sister and she would be older now but yea he wasn't allowed at her school IIRC.

could the theory be that they will text each other or turn on each other so LE has MORE info to go on to arrest all? more for search warrants? bug there homes?

that's a lot of work and since they just released them they probably couldn't sell probable cause to a judge to allow it. :(

I think that AS had already let the killer(s) into the house. They were demanding large amounts of money that she couldn't access, or they were demanding that she get her husband home, so she called him and gave him the made-up story about having to go out, probably with her captors listening. She may have hoped that he would know something was wrong by the story, since he likely knew she did not have any plans. I think it was much like the calls they made throughout the ordeal with various excuses for why people shouldn't come by the house -- made under duress with a captor coaching them as to what to say.

Yes, and messages which did not make sense as messed up language use shown by text received. "If you could come from or Monday......"?
http://foxct.com/2015/05/21/police-use-pizza-crust-to-identify-suspect-in-d-c-arson-quadruple-homicide/
Text.JPG

This is not adding up about the kidnapping/cash. Either the kidnapping of SS/AS had been going on for longer than reported or the $40K was pre-planned before the kidnapping. With the driver sending the photo at around 9 AM, that means the money was taking out of the bank as soon as the lobby opened:
http://locators.bankofamerica.com/l...d_20782_HYATTSVILLE_MD/bank_branch_locations/
Getting all that money as soon as the doors opened without any prior notice a day or more earlier just doesn't wash. Of course the branch manager probably gets in at 7:30 or 8:00, but that seems like way to short of time to take care of whatever other business in the morning, discuss it, approve it and arrange it so it's all ready to go as soon as the doors open even though the branch manager didn't know about it until arriving into work that morning.

BBM. I totally agree with you.

JMO

I believe they followed AS home or in the house and she was told to get SS to come home, because with the dojo opening soon he was probably working late.

I spend a lot of time on social media for work and not for work. I looked at alot of the public stuff associated with DDW since he was named a suspect. Lots of "aspirational" photos/posts and lots of preening women friends, not many male friends.I wouldn't be surprised if there were photos or video taken by DDW and the other perps, yes, I believe DDW had accomplices, and the photos/ videos were sent to friends or women who had dissed him for being "short" and "cash poor", sitting in the S expensive cars, sitting in the big house in DC. JUst my thoughts. The electronic trail will be interesting. If DDW didn't know about DNA, he probably didn't know that deleting a text or photo...doesn't...really...delete them. Oops. JMO
I like your post, especially the aspirational aspect. I don't think we can make an assumption that he didn't know about DNA. Any kid these days who watch any TV knows about DNA, its like what fingerprints were when I was a kid and blood types (over 50) here. I think he just didn't think about it when he left his DNA on his dinner. I do think he thought the fire would destroy all or most of the evidence. We know now that the pizza remains were in the upstairs bedroom with the 3 adult bodies that were doused with gasoline and set on fire.

2010 case that led to burglary and property destruction charges, a detective wrote in a charge document that Wint threatened to kill a woman and her 2-year-old daughter, busted the windshield and rear window of the woman’s Honda Accord and stole her 42-inch television. That case was resolved when Wint pleaded guilty to malicious destruction of property over $500, after which he was sentenced to 60 days (with credit given for 32 days), put on supervised probation for 2 years and ordered to pay $145 in court costs, according to a court document.

http://www.newstalk1030.com/news/who-is-washington-murder-suspect-darron-dellon-dennis-wint/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en