DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie on WS... Regarding the welding: wouldn't it be so sad (and beyond infuriating) if this was taught welding through SS's program to help people learn the welding trade? I'm still learning to quote things and refer to other posts, but I recall that SS and his company had a program to teach welding to people who needed skills to find employment.

Authorities linked what may have been two different men to Amy Savopoulos' blue Porsche 911 the day of the killings. One, "with short, well-groomed hair," was spotted driving erratically away from the crime scene. Another, wearing a dark hoodie, was videotaped carrying a bucket near where the Porsche was set on fire later that day.

where they get this cash on the porch stuff:

A woman believed to be Amy Savopoulos paid for the pizzas by credit card and told the delivery person to leave the food on the porch, because she was "nursing her sick child" and would not come to the door, the document says.

represented by Natalie Lawson, a public defender.

The truck, which belongs to Amerit Fleet Solutions, is a rolling garage equipped to service vehicles away from fixed locations. Spokeswoman Karen Vinton said the California-based company is cooperating with authorities.

He was arrested three times for assault in 2006 and 2007, serving a 10-month sentence in New York

Wint was arrested carrying a 2-foot-long machete and a BB pistol outside the American Iron Works headquarters, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20150522/NEWS/150529921/1291/news03?p=3&tc=pg

The amount is something that boggles me, $40,000 is simply odd-- if the demand was $25K, $50K, $100K I wouldn't question it, but $40K is a number one would demand if they knew that was the amount readily available... IDK...

$40K also could be $10K x 4 perpetrators, if let's say hypothetically (4) persons planned in advance to rob and murder Savopoulos family/housekeeper. If Wint conspired with a few people then it's not such an arbitrary number if each agreed to cut of money. Someone mentioned one of Wilt's family/associates were gang member(s)? (If someone has link, please post, tia). If true and allegations true, then it wouldn't surprise me if career criminals were behind these crimes given the horrific nature and brutality. Perp(s) clearly lack empathy to do something so vile, but it also seems personal towards Savopoulos. I don't think perp(s) knew how much money Savopoulos family had available. Jmo/

I think something sudden happened around pizza time. Why would someone order two med pizzas, different topings, if it wasnt for more than one person. For some reasoin, I dont know why, but I think it was for the 4 victims and then something happned that pissed him off.
I don't know how much to put into different toppings, but I think things were taking a lot longer than expected or maybe there was some information (maybe incorrect information) that there was a lot more money at the house. And the plan was, at the most this would be a few hours, or and in and out thing. And now it is stretching into the next day because they have to wait until the bank opens to get cash. So day is turning into night and they decide they are hungry. There is no way they are going to untie people to make them food or are they going to make themselves food, don't think so. So they order pizza. No offense to Dominoes lovers but this family probably were not the Dominoes type. Mostly likely their regular take out was a bit more upscale. That aside, if you were tied up under duress and your child was in a different room and heaven knows what is happening, could you eat? My guess if the perps were doing the only good thing here thinking their prisoners would eat. Maybe something did happen at dinner time and the captors got upset. And, I don't think he acted alone and neither does LE so maybe that is how they ended up with 2 different kinds, definitely for more than one person. And you never know maybe they did do Dominoes pizza and placed their regular order so no one would think it was unusual, it was going to already be a little off in leaving it at the door because you were nursing your child.

Thank you. Something really bothers me about this scenario. SS needs a crucial delivery to save his family. He entrusts a fairly new employee with this task. Wouldn't he chose someone he has employed a lot longer? So... could DDW have requested this particular employee because he was an accomplice? My other thought is that SS did chose this employee because he was new and might not ask too many questions or be suspicious.

I think it is likely that SS arranged for the $40,000 ahead of time and it was for the opening of the studio. The flury of phone calls on Thursday morning was to inform the bank he couldn't pick up the cash himself and to arrange for the money to be picked up. The bank would have no reason to suspect something was wrong on Thursday if the withdrawal was arranged a day or so before by SS himself.

JMO

I think something sudden happened around pizza time. Why would someone order two med pizzas, different topings, if it wasnt for more than one person. For some reasoin, I dont know why, but I think it was for the 4 victims and then something happned that pissed him off.

I have that that about the pizzas. But have also thought the victims were scared to death. Perhaps when the pizza came they were unable to eat.

Thanks again, popsicle - YOU ROCK!!

"Though Mr. Wint is now incarcerated and he's held without bond, our work is not done," acting District of Columbia U.S. Attorney Vincent Cohen said outside the courthouse. "We intend to unseal additional search warrants in the coming days."

From above link.

I wonder if the "driver" unintentionally made people think his wealthy employer had so much money he probably had about 100K in a home safe or had really expensive jewelry worth that or more in a home safe. All speculation on the part of the "show-off" driver. The info. reached the wrong ears and this was all supposed to be nothing but a home robbery. I wouldn't be surprised if they wore masks, but then when the money was not in the house, they got tired of the masks which led to having to kill anyone who could identify them. They were torturing the boy thinking Mr. S would come clean and give them the location of the house "safe". It just all went wrong, maybe.

What may have gone wrong is that the killers thought SS had already picked up the $40,000 and were expecting it to be in the home safe. They thought it would be a quick in/out robbery.

JMO

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie on WS... Regarding the welding: wouldn't it be so sad (and beyond infuriating) if this was taught welding through SS's program to help people learn the welding trade? I'm still learning to quote things and refer to other posts, but I recall that SS and his company had a program to teach welding to people who needed skills to find employment.

Welcome and caution: This place can be
Can be addicting..........................!

I don't know how much to put into different toppings, but I think things were taking a lot longer than expected or maybe there was some information (maybe incorrect information) that there was a lot more money at the house. And the plan was, at the most this would be a few hours, or and in and out thing. And now it is stretching into the next day because they have to wait until the bank opens to get cash. So day is turning into night and they decide they are hungry. There is no way they are going to untie people to make them food or are they going to make themselves food, don't think so. So they order pizza. No offense to Dominoes lovers but this family probably were not the Dominoes type. Mostly likely their regular take out was a bit more upscale. That aside, if you were tied up under duress and your child was in a different room and heaven knows what is happening, could you eat? My guess if the perps were doing the only good thing here thinking their prisoners would eat. Maybe something did happen at dinner time and the captors got upset. And, I don't think he acted alone and neither does LE so maybe that is how they ended up with 2 different kinds, definitely for more than one person. And you never know maybe they did do Dominoes pizza and placed their regular order so no one would think it was unusual, it was going to already be a little off in leaving it at the door because you were nursing your child.

I think SS left the voicemail to NG shortly after receiving the pizzas.

I am as confused as many others here, and I may be wrong, but:

IIRC, the exact amount of $40K was not requested by the perps. I have read here that SS instructed his people to assemble as much cash as possible from places (accounts) in amounts (withdrawals?) that did not require that SS personally appear at the institution (bank) to get it. And $40K was what his people came up with on Thursday. . . .

Apparently the amount that was given to the perps didn't satisfy them because the murders took place after the cash was delivered. Do we know if the full amount of $40K was actually received by the perps?

What may have gone wrong is that the killers thought SS had already picked up the $40,000 and were expecting it to be in the home safe. They thought it would be a quick in/out robbery.

JMO

I just cannot fathom what is causing you to persist with your theory. With all of the details that have been released that say otherwise.

Can you explain it? Because I am seriously so confused!

CEO of American Iron Works, according to the company’s website. The company is the “leading integrated manufacturer of highly-engineered, custom-manufactured building products and provider of installation services for specialty metals and structural steel in the Washington, DC, Metropolitan region.”
He was also the chairman of the board of Sigma Enterprises Ltd., an international trading firm, and had recently accepted a job with a Puerto Rico-based company.

They lived at the house for about 10 years ......

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/amy-a...er-porsche-cause-killed-arson-murder-suspect/

He could have thought he messed up, or was embarrassed about the money photo and didn't want them to know about it - that he handled the money and took a picture. Hence the lie about the envelope.

or he could have lied because he is involved.

JMO

I just cannot fathom what is causing you to persist with your theory. With all of the details that have been released that say otherwise.

Can you explain it? Because I am seriously so confused!

BBM. That is your opinion, not fact.

JMO

Or the employee/accountant person could be a woman. He probably would not put a woman in danger.
which kind of fits in with the IT nonsense......................they had no trouble revealling gender of others, so ......got 50 50 chance!!

<BBM for Focus>

In the charging documents, it said that the BATF Lab performed the DNA tests and promptly entered it into FBI CODIS and received an immediate match..

They shut down the DC labs just recently and farm the DNA testing out.

National accreditation board suspends all DNA testing at D.C. crime lab
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/national-accreditation-board-suspends-all-dna-testing-at-district-lab/2015/04/26/2da43d9a-ec24-11e4-a55f-38924fca94f9_story.html

:seeya: Foxfire

Or the employee/accountant person could be a woman. He probably would not put a woman in danger.

By Thursday, SS wasn't calling the shots. He and his family and Vera were the ones in grave danger.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member