DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we see the same tweet? Because the one I saw had IT all over the place, and it reads like W-1 and IT are two separate people. Is there another source you are referencing?
I am reading it as 2 separate people also.

Darron Dylon Wint, 34, is the only person charged in the murders so far, though the documents say Wint "and others" held the family hostage until $40,000 in cash was delivered Thursday.
Court documents also indicate more than person knew of the delivery of the $40,000 in cash to the Savopoulos family's home in the hours before the victims died.
In fact, one of those witnesses changed his story about that critical detail of the case while police were interviewing him, changing facts on when and how the request to deliver money was made and what happened during the delivery.
The person the documents call "W-1" said that an assistant to Savvas Savopoulos was told Wednesday evening to meet another employee Thursday morning to pick up a package. The employee took four bundles out of his or her pockets and put the cash in a red bag belonging to the witness.
The witness drove the assistant to the Savopoulos home, and called Savopoulos 10 minutes before arriving at the Savopoulos home. According to the witness, Savopoulos instructed W-1 to leave the money in a red car inside the garage.
The assistant put the money inside a manila envelope and left it on the driver's seat. Police did not find the envelope in the car during their search of the home.
Police said at Wint's court hearing Friday that they are still looking for a red car missing from the mansion's garage. It was not immediately clear whether this was the same vehicle."

This is from the link above. I am starting to think that this is more complicated than it has appeared.

W-1 seems to have handled the cash a lot. First in a bag, taking a pic of it, then putting it into an envelope. That is a lot of handling for someone who was supposed to just pick up and drop off.

I doubt he even knew what he was delivering. I don't think we should start throwing aspersions on someone without ANY evidence to support them. I have had theories on a couple of people who turned out to be completely uninvolved in this case.

Its in the court docs

very similar crime to the Hawke Petit crimes, including the fire set after the money was received

"According to the documents, authorities later determined there to be inconsistencies in the assistant's account. For example, authorities allege the assistant was inconsistent in describing the time at which he was told to retrieve the package, how he received the package and where he left the package.

The assistant admitted to police he lied about these details, according to the court documents. The assistant told police what really happened was that he retrieved the money from an employee at American Iron Works, placed the money in a red bag and then drove it to the Savopoulos' residence where he put the money in an envelope and placed it in an unlocked car in the garage after being told to do so via phone by Savvas Savopoulos.

Authorities have not publicly identified any other suspects in the killings, but the court documents indicate officials believe the crimes "required the presence and assistance of more than one person.""

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/authorities-ex-con-had-help-in-slaying-of-d-c-family/

I doubt he even knew what he was delivering. I don't think we should start throwing aspersions on someone without ANY evidence to support them. I have had theories on a couple of people who turned out to be completely uninvolved in this case.

Well his own account (to LE) after he stopped lying (LE's words, not mine) to them is that he saw the money and therefore I assume he knew it was money. I honestly can't believe he would take any of the money but it is odd that they included in the Affidavit that he took 4 bundles of cash and only sent a photo of 2 bundles of cash. Odd, to say the least.

The lie that W-1 also included WHEN he received the text from SS. W-1 first said the text arrived Thursday morning. He later said the text arrived on Wednesday. That is a big difference. I have no idea what the significance is, though.

ETA: Correction: He said he received a CALL on Thursday and a TEXT on Wednesday. Sorry. It's all confusing!

Darron Dylon Wint, 34, is the only person charged in the murders so far, though the documents say Wint "and others" held the family hostage until $40,000 in cash was delivered Thursday.
Court documents also indicate more than person knew of the delivery of the $40,000 in cash to the Savopoulos family's home in the hours before the victims died.
In fact, one of those witnesses changed his story about that critical detail of the case while police were interviewing him, changing facts on when and how the request to deliver money was made and what happened during the delivery.
The person the documents call "W-1" said that an assistant to Savvas Savopoulos was told Wednesday evening to meet another employee Thursday morning to pick up a package. The employee took four bundles out of his or her pockets and put the cash in a red bag belonging to the witness.
The witness drove the assistant to the Savopoulos home, and called Savopoulos 10 minutes before arriving at the Savopoulos home. According to the witness, Savopoulos instructed W-1 to leave the money in a red car inside the garage.
The assistant put the money inside a manila envelope and left it on the driver's seat. Police did not find the envelope in the car during their search of the home.
Police said at Wint's court hearing Friday that they are still looking for a red car missing from the mansion's garage. It was not immediately clear whether this was the same vehicle."

This is from the link above. I am starting to think that this is more complicated than it has appeared.

BBM. The charging documents state that W-1 drove to the home. No mention of driving the assistant.

Oh yeah of course I would think a father or any father would have those same feelings if they saw their child or any chIld go through that. I only said "mother" because I am one so its just my vantage point :)

And just for future reference- I often am very tongue-in-cheek or say/type things from a feminine/mom point of view but that definitely doesn't mean I think they only apply to women or moms, etc. (just FYI)

Oh, of course. I'm sorry and did not mean to imply otherwise, just adding a thought to your well stated thought.
I often fumble over my own fingers and that's one reason I rarely post. ;o)

It's all good! Definitely worry less and post more. We need as many intelligent people posting and involved as possible.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

If that is a current mug shot, do you think SS did slug him really good? It must have been good, b/c look how swollen it still is. I wonder if that was the reason why he tortured little Philip. He seems to be the type with Ego problems. Would make sense since SS had practiced martial arts.

The lie that W-1 also included WHEN he received the text from SS. W-1 first said the text arrived Thursday morning. He later said the text arrived on Wednesday. That is a big difference. I have no idea what the significance is, though.

He could be confused due to stress. I would hate to be questioned by police, and then be accused of lying if I got some details wrong.

If that is a current mug shot, do you think SS did slug him really good? It must have been good, b/c look how swollen it still is. I wonder if that was the reason why he tortured little Philip. He seems to be the type with Ego problems. Would make sense since SS had practiced martial arts.

That is definetely not current mug shot. It's from 2008.

Just jumping in here. Is it possible,the assistant was actually in on this? He would know the routine. Maybe the crying was because nobody was supposed to get murdered only robbed. Just a thought.

I think that might be a story NG made up to make it sound like she knew about the $40,000. It never made sense, and I later saw an article where she was quoted as saying she didn't know anything about a scheduled delivery and she didn't talk to the assistant (who delivered it) that afternoon. I can look for the article, but I'm still trying to catch up on the thread!

Well his own account (to LE) after he stopped lying (LE's words, not mine) to them is that he saw the money and therefore I assume he knew it was money. I honestly can't believe he would take any of the money but it is odd that they included in the Affidavit that he took 4 bundles of cash and only sent a photo of 2 bundles of cash. Odd, to say the least.

If the home is known have the security system turned off or weakened during the day and W-1 left $40K in an unlocked car, that would be cover to steal some of it and blame it on random crime if ever asked about it by SS. If less than $30K is recovered in cash and cashiers checks, I'm going to be suspicious that the driver stole some of the ransom not knowing it was a ransom.

I just google image checked the mugshot and it came up 2012. Although, it was tweeted this morning with the arrest info. IDK.

Oh, to get back to that lawyer guy who insinuated the pizza boxes were found in the garbage (reference upthread). No, the boxes and crust were in the bedroom where three of the murder victims were found.

Ok now I'm totally confused because I read that NBCWashington report and also am watching CNN.

Jake Tapper just reported that all people from last night except wint had been released. That there were more people with Wint inside the home (cathy lanier- the chief of police i believe was on the phone) - she said that there are still suspects out there that are NOT in custody. And also said that there WAS someone with the person who dropped the money.

So from that I got that they are interested in the dropper of the money AND the person with them. And it made it sound like those two people were not the people they had in custody last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic