DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SS may have known...or not. How many people work at that company? You'd be surprised at what gets "up the food chain" just through company gossip. Don't think what happens after the CEO leaves the Christmas party...stays at the Christmas party.

But if any threats were made, even drunken threats...if he had a machete..I'd be surprised if SS wasn't informed.

But we may never know that.

# of employees

https://angel.co/savvas-p-savopoulos

I am the CEO of a family of active corporations employing over 200 people and operating in several regions.

No chance at all. You simply take Connecticut Ave to Nebraska, then get on Military Rd and take it to Georgia Ave...voila' you are in Silver Spring MD in about 15 minutes and head over to Hyattsville area (mid-day total time about 35-40) or, you go through the more congested parts of DC, back toward the Capitol and go west on Maryland Ave toward Tacoma Park or North on New York Ave (US Rt50) and in about 25-30 minutes you are in the general PG County vicinity...but you are more likely to get caught up in lights and traffic that way.

That is pretty much the route I would take, but obviously, re: W-3, he did wend his way over to New York Ave. Lots of lights, so again, I would question 25-30 minutes. But W-3 says he was was driving fast and recklessly, so I guess that's possible. But why would he want to draw attention to himself, whilst driving a fancy (stolen) car after killing 4 people? Okay, no one's saying he's the brightest person.

I also wanted to chime in about the money. I find it very easy to believe that he burned through several thousands of dollars during his week on the lam. I can imagine that just between Woodley Park and Lanham, he might have made some stops. Visiting various people to a show off "his car" and "wealth" wouldn't surprise me at all. He must have felt a sense of power and wanted to make a display of his $$$ to people he sought to impress.

Add to that, drugs, alcohol, women and food. I can easily see him spending big money and living it up in every hedonistic way possible during that short period of time between the crime and his apprehension.

JMO

SS may have known...or not. How many people work at that company? You'd be surprised at what gets "up the food chain" just through company gossip. Don't think what happens after the CEO leaves the Christmas party...stays at the Christmas party.

But if any threats were made, even drunken threats...if he had a machete..I'd be surprised if SS wasn't informed.

But we may never know that.

The company and Chief are declining comment but absolutely they know. A company that size will have a security department and they would be alerted by police about any current or former employee who shows the possibility of "going postal" at the company's headquarters.

JMO

If we start with the fact that Wint was either the perpetrator or compliant participant in the horrific acts done to this child...cutting him over and over...causing him terrible pain as that awful night dragged on....then splashing his wounds with gasoline and burning him alive....

If we FACE that...then we must admit that we cannot understand this sub-human or his motivations.

He does not think or conduct himself as a feeling human being. What might be too long in a human to hold a grudge this vile, may be just how Wint is programmed.

We cannot fathom him. Thank God.

There aren't even many criminals that could stomach the pain inflicted on this child. But Wint even had an appetite, didn't he? Looks like he even stuffed his mouth with pizza...in the presence of this tortured child.

So let's not berate ourselves if we cannot understand or sleuth his motivations. Let's just rejoice that he is simply a rare and deformed aberration of what passes for human...and therefore, mystifying to normal people.

So we have:

a blue Porsche

Red Mosler

Red Audi

A Bentley

A Range Rover

A poster (friend of family) says AS also drove a Porsche SUV

I believe, due to photos at the crime scene, that the other (white) car in the driveway is the LandRover.

that isn't a msm link and isn't reliable.

Neither AIW nor LE have confirmed the dates Wint worked at AIG.

JMO

JMO

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Who-Is-Daron-Dylon-Wint--304709861.html

From 2003 to 2005, Wint worked as a welder at American Iron Works, where victim Savvas Savopoulos served as CEO, sources said. One of Wint's relatives was also fired from the company.

An American Iron Works welder -- who said he lost a great friend in Savopoulos -- told News4 that Wint couldn't get along with any of his coworkers when he worked there.

MSM

More background emerges: Wint was a welder at American Iron Works from 2003 to 2005. And he has a criminal record.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...int-accused-killing-savopoulos-family-n363331

And

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

Wint is a former employee of an iron supply company headed by one of the victims and has a long history of alleged assaults and threatening behavior, according to law enforcement and court records.

LE:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...spect-in-quadruple-murder-at-upscale-dc-home/

"We have information that we believe Mr. Wint is currently in the Brooklyn, N.Y., area," Washington Police Chief Cathy Lanier told reporters Thursday.

Lanier said authorities believe 34-year-old Wint is connected to the family through Savopoulos's business.

If we start with the fact that Wint was either the perpetrator or compliant participant in the horrific acts done to this child...cutting him over and over...causing him terrible pain as that awful night dragged on....then splashing his wounds with gasoline and burning him alive....

If we FACE that...then we must admit that we cannot understand this sub-human or his motivations.

He does not think or conduct himself as a feeling human being. What might be too long in a human to hold a grudge this vile, may be just how Wint is programmed.

We cannot fathom him. Thank God.

There aren't even many criminals that could stomach the pain inflicted on this child. But Wint even had an appetite, didn't he? Looks like he even stuffed his mouth with pizza...in the presence of this tortured child.

So let's not berate ourselves if we cannot understand or sleuth his motivations. Let's just rejoice that he is simply a rare and deformed aberration of what passes for human...and therefore, mystifying to normal people.

Unfortunately, he's not that rare. Too many violent people walk the streets amongst us.

JMO

JMO

Do you mean the link I posted? Sheez I'm rubbish with the American stories! I don't know what's reliable or not. I'll remove it MyBelle but perhaps that's where the rumour initiated. Consider it gone!

I cannot find any article or source that says the stabs to Phillip were 'bone deep': LINK PLEASE !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tillicum View Post
Injuries bone deep

I edited my post to clarify that I was speculating.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Who-Is-Daron-Dylon-Wint--304709861.html

From 2003 to 2005, Wint worked as a welder at American Iron Works, where victim Savvas Savopoulos served as CEO, sources said. One of Wint's relatives was also fired from the company.

An American Iron Works welder -- who said he lost a great friend in Savopoulos -- told News4 that Wint couldn't get along with any of his coworkers when he worked there.

I'll believe it when either LE or AIW confirms it rather than relying on unnamed sources.

On May 15, the day after the killings, the personal assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying,” according to the police documents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Why would he do this? Why call him after he was dead? (I have not read every page of every thread, so some may have speculated about this before.)

Do you mean the link I posted? Sheez I'm rubbish with the American stories! I don't know what's reliable or not. I'll remove it MyBelle but perhaps that's where the rumour initiated. Consider it gone!

I think it is a rumor. For whatever reason, the Chief refuses to give the dates. I do find it curious how it is someone would know when DW worked there and also know a relative was fired but not know the date that relative was fired.

JMO

On May 15, the day after the killings, the personal assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying,” according to the police documents.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Why would he do this? Why call him after he was dead? (I have not read every page of every thread, so some may have speculated about this before.)

I think it refers to an employee, not SS.

Has anyone found more information about the March 23, 2015 arrest? It seems fairly close in time to murders and the charge there was receipt of stolen property. Wonder what is was, and if anyone else was arrested with him might bring incite into what kinds of items he was stealing more recently and what other losers he was acting with?

NG wouldn't need access to AIW employment records to know about Wint. She has claimed to have a 20-year relationship with the S family. She would have been told about the disgruntled man who showed up with a weapon at the offices because the family would be concerned about their personal safety at home. I think she reached out to Wint and hired the hit, promising him $40,000 and then double-crossed him by only leaving $20,000. Thus, his rage.

JMO

So this was NG's diabolical plan and she reached out to DDW because he showed signs of craziness and anger towards the family? She decided that would make him a good hit man? All for $40k? Between them? Sorry, but this is a very unlikely scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliviamadyy