DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

:gasp: A corporation threw employee under the bus by even mentioning something that even none of us :websleuther: had ever considered.

Jeez. Bad corporate pr department IMHO! They are highlighting something that did not need mentioning imho. smh

Jmo, but I think the statement does not implicate any one at Dominoe's and would think it's standard investigative practice to question any contact(s) within the time frame of crime. But I could be wrong.

OK...now hold on just a minute here!

I don't know what we are allowed to say or not say...if I am wrong, I am sure someone will PM me to delete before a Mod gets me! LOL!!

But is this saying that the assistant and DDW's fathers live in the same apartment complex???????

Screen cap time! As many of us know hehehe :computer:

I am pretty sure I read here, but didn't read the report it came from, that LEO was seen carrying a white bucket from the home after the search for DDW didn't turn up anything. From the father's home?? I must be wrong, since that was a home if I am remembering correctly...and just above there is reference to his father living at an apartment near AIW.

Man, I am so confused. Too many moving, unclarified parts in this story!

Yes, it was a house belonging to his father. There were scenes on the local TV of them carrying out evidence, including a white bucket.

Still perplexed driver/asst lies. Car buff. Money already slated? Stolen car? Maybe 40 k or split the chump change for job? real payday selling car? Amateur psychos screweup plan?

In the charging documents, we learned that VF was clinging to life when the DCFD made entry. She died or was pronounced dead at an area hospital. I'm wondering why she was the only one still breathing after the fire was set. We know that she too had injuries but we do not know if she succumbed to those injuries, burns from the fire or smoke inhalation. It makes me wonder how the the killer got possession of the car keys and if he forced what he viewed as the easier to control (physically) victim , VF, to help him locate those keys. He obviously kept some of them alive until SS's last known phone call, at 11:56, and VF
was still barely alive when the FD arrived. We also know that both AS and SS were DOA of the FD and they had died from their injuries and not from the fire or smoke inhalation. We know that the three adults were attacked and the the fire was set in PS's bedroom and that he died from thermal injuries. So, why kill him last and so brutally?

After reading this, a different view came to mind. I have seen people speculating that he must have really hated and been envious of the boy. He obviously had disregard for all of these people, possibly hate and jealousy. But maybe there was no specific hate for the boy?

This part will be graphic, so I apologize. Here is a theory. DW and/or accomplices were causing sharp force injuries to the boy as a way to keep everyone in line and doing what he wanted. There was a purpose to it. Then when he/they got the money he came for (which I think was much less than he thought he was going to extract, BTW) and it came to actually killing everyone, MAYBE it went like this: he/they beat the adults and when that wasn't enough to kill them right away he used his knife to finish them off (I am imagining throats being cut, unfortunately). Then he went in the other room to finish off the boy and actually didn't have the guts to do the same to the child. So he just lights the fire and runs. Cowardly and horrific.

My point is, the reason the child died of "thermal + sharp force" injuries and not "blunt force + sharp force" like the others might not be due to extra hate for the child. It might be the opposite, a distaste for actually killing a child. Let the fire do it. It seems easier to light a match and run that to actually use a knife or blunt object. And someone with that little regard for human life probably wouldn't realize that it's even more horrible for the child that way -- he would only think of his own feelings and discomfort.

But this theory might not be accurate. It's quite possible that he/they let the boy die in the fire because they wanted him to suffer, I guess -- I will never understand how someone could do these things. :-(

JMO

Forensic anthropologists are "bone detectives" who help police solve complex cases involving unidentified human remains. The techniques which physical anthropologists use to discover information about early humans from their skeletons are also used to discover the identity of the victims of accidents, fires, plane crashes, war, or crimes such as murder.

A forensic anthropologist can tell a lot about a person from bones: They can determine if the person was a male or female.
They are able to approximate how old the person was by examining the joints, bones, and teeth. A child’s skull has more separation between the bone plates.

The smoother the skull, the older the person. The examination of wrist development for children under thirteen is another reliable method of determining age.

Forensic scientists use formulas to determine height based on the length of leg and arm bones. The longest bone, the femur, is best for this, but estimations can also be made from the metacarpals in the hand.

They are able to tell the person’s weight by the wear on the bones at certain points. They may be able to identify the racial group to which the person belongs by examining the width and height of the nose.

Facial or head hair, when found with the skeleton, can also help determine race. Caucasian nose holes are triangular, Negroid's square, and Mongoloid's diamond-shaped.

Negroid femur bones are also straighter than other racial groups. They may guess what occupation the person had. For example, if the person played an instrument such as a flute or clarinet, the teeth and bones around the mouth will be affected.

They can determine a person’s shape. Ridges where muscle was attached to the bone show the person’s physique.

They can tell whether the person was right or left-handed. There would be more muscle attachment on the bones on the dominant side.
They are able to determine if he was ever injured or fractured a bone during his lifetime. Detected bone injuries can be compared with a person’s medical X-rays to confirm identity.

They also can determine if the person died violently. This is determined by looking for signs of trauma. These include stab marks, marks on the skull, broken bones, and bullets or pellets in or near the body.

If the person was strangled, the bone from the throat (the hyoid bone) could be fractured.
They are able to approximate when the individual died.

Females lose one pound of tissue a day during decomposition; males three pounds a day.

Acidic soil accelerates decomposition; alkaline soil retards it. Most of these are class characteristics (such as age, sex, race, and height), but some are individual characteristics (such as trauma).

Courts would probably never rely independently on forensic anthropological identification.

Police may also turn to anthropologists for facial reconstruction, recreating a face from the skeleton to help them identify the deceased.

http://www.forensic-medecine.info/forensic-anthropology.html

Nothing in the record suggests anybody even connected it to AIW.

Exactly. And at that time he lived only 5.6 miles from that location so I really look at it like an incident that he was just there all wigged out of his mind being a crazy dangerous person because it was near where he lived.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I'm betting if any company's employees was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and hiding behind a dumpster nearby, police would make sure the security staff is alerted to make sure access to the premises is denied. AIW doesn't just have employees, it has valuable equipment. Most production facilities have security screening everybody who enters and requiring signing in.

JMO

This incident was five years after DW was an employee there.

Hey, ATL...what is it you are pointing out? I am apparently not very good at reading between the lines. My parents have always said I am as subtle as a bull in a china shop! LOL!!

lmao... Are you talking to a fellow :websleuther: that I talked with today hehehehe

:seeya: to someone I talked with earlier today... SEEEEEEEE!!!! I'm obtuse!

...anywhoooo...

My point was...why did the corporate PR release even MENTION that their employee was under investigation. They should have :moo: just stated their statement and left that out.

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
Statement from Domino's, where pizza that contained DNA evidence from Woodley Park, DC, shooting suspect was ordered: 'We are very saddened by this tragic event. We are happy there have been breaks in the case. We can confirm we are the store that delivered the pizza, we are fully working with and cooperating with police and will continue to do so. Everything else including the delivery person is a pending investigation, any further questions can be directed to the police' - @NBCNews
Why did they include that? It just feels dirty to me if I was an employee that this would be mentioned in the release. Nothing more to read into it. Just upset me as ... well..... history on good/bad press releases by companies with tragedies. This one just screamed to me a bad press release. My background, nothing more. Last thing that poor delivery person needs are folks misinterpreting (general public) that he is "under investigation". Poor kid imho

:blush: Emotions got in the way of my post

:seeya:

ETA: Other posters downthread have said the reason that they said this was so that the media would *lay off* their employee and quit going after infomation. That is what I love about WS... other give input and you go... "yep, that makes sense... never considered that"

:blowkiss: for others input!!

Obviously, after he arrived, when he had to pay him...

So then he'd have to worry about police going after him for killing the cabbie? Wasn't it easier to pay the cabbie, considering he had a lot of money?

Yes, it was a house belonging to his father. There were scenes on the local TV of them carrying out evidence, including a white bucket.

I think bucket was for the accelarant to set the car afire.

And from what I can tell, none of those account for the SUV seen in the map photos. I have looked and looked for what type of car it is...and have come up empty! The reason I searched so much is because I think the rear view is cool!!!!

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1svCMaGRccGMD8V0MBBHuaBQ!2e0

There is no car badge with make or model - except I think HSK.

I guess that could be an employee's car?

But does anyone know what that is?

It's a Range Rover Discovery, but not the 2015 model.

Daron Dylon Wint's address is given in the Charging Documents as being in the 5400 blk of 85th Ave. Lanham, which in Google Maps appears to be the apartment complex north of and next to the one you have cited. The address in the document is specific. So, either way, it is likely that the Porsche torcher ended up in one place or the other.

In any case, it might be worth it to the investigation for you to send your finding as a tip. If they don't already know, maybe they could check the cameras in both complexes.
So the way I see it, 5400 block is one block from the 1st key player's father's residence..... Lanham seems to be used in interchangably with New Carrollton. Let me map the two. I will post when done.

BBM

:gasp: A corporation threw employee under the bus by even mentioning something that even none of us :websleuther: had ever considered.

Jeez. Bad corporate pr department IMHO! They are highlighting something that did not need mentioning imho. smh

Whatttttttt? Holyshtballs I just read the release. Wtf. IS the Delivery person under investigation????

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

The father's house is about 3 miles away from where the Porsche was torched, just off Princess Garden PKWY.

I'm betting if any company's employees was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and hiding behind a dumpster nearby, police would make sure the security staff is alerted to make sure access to the premises is denied. AIW doesn't just have employees, it has valuable equipment. Most production facilities have security screening everybody who enters and requiring signing in.

JMO

That may be why he stood across the street acting out! But cruising about town with a machete and BB gun sounds on the aggressive side!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight