DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Humor break

Per Fox DC, they had to drop parellal parking on the test cause too many were failing it. I hope entites like the AMA and/or , Nuclear regulatory commission, dont follow suit and drop parts of testing which applicants cant seem to demonestrate compentancy! Ha

thats funny..................................

[h=2]Statement from Domino's, where pizza that contained DNA evidence from Woodley Park, DC, shooting suspect was ordered: 'We are very saddened by this tragic event. We are happy there have been breaks in the case. We can confirm we are the store that delivered the pizza, we are fully working with and cooperating with police and will continue to do so. Everything else including the delivery person is a pending investigation, any further questions can be directed to the police' - @NBCNews[/h]

Hello,

I am new to the forum, had been lurking on another case thread here, but now sidetracked on this horrific family murder.

I agree, the reports have minimized exactly what happened to Phillip. His body has been described as "burned beyond recognition" which seems likely given the stated facts about the nature of the fire in his bedroom. If a body
is so severely damaged by fire, what kind of sharp force injuries would be visible upon autopsy?

Hi there :welcome6:

I'm having such a difficult time reading about this case; especially in regards to Phillip.
It's just that he was only a little boy and it looks like to me, that he was singled out as far as the brutality meted out to all of the victim's.
Why? Why, why, why? It breaks my heart to pieces.

I'm not saying the others suffered horribly too. They all suffered beyond a sufficient adjective to describe the horror.

I'm trying to stay within the TOS but I found a very key player (dubba you one) whose father is living in a large sprawling apartment complex, on 85th Street in New Carrollton that is right across from the site, on the 8000 block of Annapolis Rd, of the burnt Porsche. The father's apartment is about as far away from the shopping center as you can get and still be in the complex. On Google Maps it says .5 miles but all the torcher had to do was run from one side of the apartment complex to the other.

fifty three oh three #104 eighty fifth

You have 5990 posts.... and therefore :goldcrown: for # of posts and this info

And today, even before I read this... I kept thinking hinkey hinkey hinkey :)blowkiss: to Vallhall if you are here :biggrin:)

Mention that defendant was found with bag...hmmm, what color was it - and was taken to forensics was mentioned specifically. And stated it was his specifically
W-DefendantOwnedTheBag.JPG

W-2 Shows picture of bag to police that IT received
W-2ShowsRedBagPhoto.JPG

No mention of bag at all, until perhaps confronted with..... W-2 texts? Once the W-2 texts with picture of the bag shown ???? then changes story to bag with cash, then to manilla envelope which was in W-2's car which then was left in red car in garage.
W-1NoMentionOfPicsOfBag.JPG

And W-1 accepts ownership of the bag
W-1BagWhichBelongedToIt.JPG

What if............the bag in defendants car was a RED LINED BAG... :thinking:

What kind of bags are not red, but RED LINED????

They could NOT be that stupid....... :thinking:

Ok, it has been a dog's age since I lived in DC. But isn't the 900 Evarts street referenced as property owned by PS in the lawsuit very, very close to 10th and Rhode Island, where DW was apprehended? Or do I have the 10th and RI wrong?

Not insinuating anything. Just curious.

Good job digging out these old court cases!

Does anyone know why there seems to be no information available about where SS was born, grew up, went to college, etc?

Am I just not looking in the right places for that sort of information?

TIA.

Good job digging out these old court cases!

Does anyone know why there seems to be no information available about where SS was born, grew up, went to college, etc?

Am I just not looking in the right places for that sort of information?

TIA.

I looked and looked and couldn't find anything either. I graduated from law school 20 years ago (!!!) and practiced for about 8 years and haven't practiced in 12 years. I can google my maiden name and married name and find myself at my old firm, as a lawyer in every jurisdiction I was licensed in (some which have lapsed), as well as other stuff pertaining to my legal career. I know early on it was mentioned that SS was an attorney but I don't see any info on him like I can find on me. I remember reading here that he may have gone to Univ. of Maryland and/or American University but I have not seen that in any MSM or in my own searching.

I was able to find a sorority sister of AS on Facebook talking about the tragedy but that was it.

When Debra Masser spoke to her brother Savvas Savopoulos by phone Thursday morning, the chief executive and father of a prominent local family seemed to be untroubled and in good spirits.

Savvas Savopoulos was the president and chief executive of Hyattsville-based American Iron Works, which played a role in building Verizon Center and *CityCenterDC.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

Ok, it has been a dog's age since I lived in DC. But isn't the 900 Evarts street referenced as property owned by PS in the lawsuit very, very close to 10th and Rhode Island, where DW was apprehended? Or do I have the 10th and RI wrong?

Not insinuating anything. Just curious.

No, you are not mistaken. That's an interesting tidbit.

I looked and looked and couldn't find anything either. I graduated from law school 20 years ago (!!!) and practiced for about 8 years and haven't practiced in 12 years. I can google my maiden name and married name and find myself at my old firm, as a lawyer in every jurisdiction I was licensed in (some which have lapsed), as well as other stuff pertaining to my legal career. I know early on it was mentioned that SS was an attorney but I don't see any info on him like I can find on me. I remember reading here that he may have gone to Univ. of Maryland and/or American University but I have not seen that in any MSM or in my own searching.

I was able to find a sorority sister of AS on Facebook talking about the tragedy but that was it.

timeframe is shown in these cases:Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 8.13.56 PM.jpg

[h=2]Statement from Domino's, where pizza that contained DNA evidence from Woodley Park, DC, shooting suspect was ordered: 'We are very saddened by this tragic event. We are happy there have been breaks in the case. We can confirm we are the store that delivered the pizza, we are fully working with and cooperating with police and will continue to do so. Everything else including the delivery person is a pending investigation, any further questions can be directed to the police' - @NBCNews[/h]

BBM

:gasp: A corporation threw employee under the bus by even mentioning something that even none of us :websleuther: had ever considered.

Jeez. Bad corporate pr department IMHO! They are highlighting something that did not need mentioning imho. smh

ETA: Downthread is was brought up to me, and makes REALLY GOOD SENSE, that they did this so their employee would no longer be harassed by the media. Sorry I even brought it up. I was seeing things through tunnel vision of my own experience on something. Thanks to those that pointed this out to me! :blowkiss:

Daron Dylon Wint's address is given in the Charging Documents as being in the 5400 blk of 85th Ave. Lanham, which in Google Maps appears to be the apartment complex north of and next to the one you have cited. The address in the document is specific. So, either way, it is likely that the Porsche torcher ended up in one place or the other.

In any case, it might be worth it to the investigation for you to send your finding as a tip. If they don't already know, maybe they could check the cameras in both complexes.

OK...now hold on just a minute here!

I don't know what we are allowed to say or not say...if I am wrong, I am sure someone will PM me to delete before a Mod gets me! LOL!!

But is this saying that the assistant and DDW's fathers live in the same apartment complex???????

I watch the show "Bones". (not that that qualifies me for anything...lol) But on the show sometimes the wounds go all the way to the bone. :(

And, DDW got in trouble for an open container of alcohol but lurking outside a former employer's business with a 2 foot machete and bb gun is evidently acceptable as long as he didn't attack anyone with it?

Ugh........................terrifying thought

The incident at the dumpster was related to AIW, he was yelling at the place, but it was pled out to only be the open container

he was arrested with a 2-foot machete and a BB gun outside American Iron Works headquarters. Weapons charges were dropped, and he pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of having an open container of alcohol.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...int-accused-killing-savopoulos-family-n363331

BBM

:gasp: A corporation threw employee under the bus by even mentioning something that even none of us :websleuther: had ever considered.

Jeez. Bad corporate pr department IMHO! They are highlighting something that did not need mentioning imho. smh

Hey, ATL...what is it you are pointing out? I am apparently not very good at reading between the lines. My parents have always said I am as subtle as a bull in a china shop! LOL!!

OK...now hold on just a minute here!

I don't know what we are allowed to say or not say...if I am wrong, I am sure someone will PM me to delete before a Mod gets me! LOL!!

But is this saying that the assistant and DDW's father live in the same apartment complex???????

I think just keep address ### (personal info) out of posts? But that is interesting, if two person(s) addresses are close to where the Blue Porsche burned? Did LE ever locate the bucket/white object person in video ran away with? Jmo/

BBM. I'm not sure about that. I worked in the headquarters of a Fortune 500 company with 35,000 employees, with several thousand people in the headquarters building and those around it, and our security was outsourced and consisted of low-skilled people driving around our parking lot every once in a while. The only thing that stood between our CEO and the front door of the building was a nice older receptionist with control over the doors to the main part of the building. When something violent happened in town, we heard about it through the administrative assistants who lived nearby and knew everything. If something like that had happened, the police would have, I guess, called the CEO's office and asked for him.

I'm betting if any company's employees was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and hiding behind a dumpster nearby, police would make sure the security staff is alerted to make sure access to the premises is denied. AIW doesn't just have employees, it has valuable equipment. Most production facilities have security screening everybody who enters and requiring signing in.

JMO

I think just keep address ### (personal info) out of posts? But that is interesting, if two person(s) addresses are close to where the Blue Porsche burned? Did LE ever locate the bucket/white object person in video ran away with? Jmo/

I am pretty sure I read here, but didn't read the report it came from, that LEO was seen carrying a white bucket from the home after the search for DDW didn't turn up anything. From the father's home?? I must be wrong, since that was a home if I am remembering correctly...and just above there is reference to his father living at an apartment near AIW.

Man, I am so confused. Too many moving, unclarified parts in this story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann