DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh! That photo gives me the creeps. Aside from the obvious, he definitely has something wrong with him. I can't even imagine the horror that occurred in that house.
I thought the same thing when I saw his face. He looks deformed. Damn freak.

I'm not sure money was missing. I think him and his goon squad spent it fast and what was left was what LE found in cash and money orders.

I theorize that is why SS called his driver at 11:54 a.m. - to ask him where the rest of the money was?

If the driver knew the family was being held for ransom, he knew he had nothing to lose by stealing half of it. Maybe that is why he sent the photo of the money as proof that he only received $20K?
1/2 before 1/2 after. He wouldn't have given him all of it if he was involved. I am not saying he was. Just a thought.

re: mug shot,maynbe ss gave him the a few good kicks to the face!

The head of the bank also would have reported it to police. Money laundering laws and state banking regulations pretty much trump what a wealthy client "wants." JMO

Which state laws require head of bank to report this info to LE? Referring to DC law?
Not familiar w any state laws requiring bk to report $10,000 cash w/drawals to LE, not claiming that I would or should know.
Every day on W/S, I learn something new and am ready to be enlightened on this. TIA.

Agreeing w you that fed & st laws should & do trump what wealthy client wants.

My understanding is BOA w/h/bn obligated to complete form for this $40,000 w/d &
provide form info (perhaps an e-filing) to IRS or approp agency
]Currency Transaction Report - Internal Revenue …
www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/fin104_ctr.pdf
Currency Transaction Report OMB No. 1506-0004 FINCEN Form 104 (March 2011
)

This probably has nothing to do with anything but why did they leave payment for the pizza in an envelope on the porch if Amy paid for it by credit card over the phone?

This probably has nothing to do with anything but why did they leave payment for the pizza in an envelope on the porch if Amy paid for it by credit card over the phone?

Unfortunately I can't find the article where I read this, but apparently it was a tip left in the envelope on the porch.

Which state laws require head of bank to report this info to LE? Referring to DC law?
Not familiar w any state laws requiring bk to report $10,000 cash w/drawals to LE, not claiming that I would or should know.
Every day on W/S, I learn something new and am ready to be enlightened on this. TIA.

Agreeing w you that fed & st laws should & do trump what wealthy client wants.

My understanding is BOA w/h/bn obligated to complete form for this $40,000 w/d &
provide form info (perhaps an e-filing) to IRS or approp agency
]Currency Transaction Report - Internal Revenue …
www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/fin104_ctr.pdf
Currency Transaction Report OMB No. 1506-0004 FINCEN Form 104 (March 2011
)

There are forms and documents that must be completed for withdrawals over $10,000. It isn't quite as easy as you portray it.

JMO

http://finance.zacks.com/federal-banking-rules-withdrawing-large-sums-cash-1696.html

There are forms and documents that must be completed for withdrawals over $10,000. It isn't quite as easy as you portray it.
JMO http://finance.zacks.com/federal-banking-rules-withdrawing-large-sums-cash-1696.html

Your post said st laws require head of bk to inform LE re w/drawal like in this case.
As I was not familiar w those laws, I asked for info. Not sure if or how my post portrayed fed CTR forms or reg's as 'easy.' Just trying to understand what these st laws require head of bk to report to LE & I look forward to learning more. TIA.

Your post said st laws require head of bk to inform LE re w/drawal like in this case.
As I was not familiar w those laws, I asked for info. Not sure if or how my post portrayed fed CTR forms or reg's as 'easy.' Just trying to understand what these st laws require head of bk to report to LE & I look forward to learning more. TIA.

Hope this helps al66

Suspicious Activity Reporting—Overview

Objective. Assess the bank’s policies, procedures, and processes, and overall compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements for monitoring, detecting, and reporting suspicious activities.

Suspicious activity reporting forms the cornerstone of the BSA reporting system. It is critical to the United States' ability to utilize financial information to combat terrorism, terrorist financing, money laundering, and other financial crimes. Examiners and banks should recognize that the quality of SAR content is critical to the adequacy and effectiveness of the suspicious activity reporting system.

https://www.ffiec.gov/bsa_aml_infobase/pages_manual/OLM_015.htm

I am alittle surprised nothing more has broken in this case by now. If there are others involved, I wonder how they will be found out, aside from DW talking?

1/2 before 1/2 after. He wouldn't have given him all of it if he was involved. I am not saying he was. Just a thought.

re: mug shot,maynbe ss gave him the a few good kicks to the face!

This?

Attachments

• 2015-05-24 08.35.00.jpg
    2015-05-24 08.35.00.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 216
Ugh! That photo gives me the creeps. Aside from the obvious, he definitely has something wrong with him. I can't even imagine the horror that occurred in that house.

I have been thinking he is a a victim of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome based on his facial characteristics.

I wonder if anything was stolen from the home, considering LE thinks "others" were involved. If another vehicle was used it's possible IMO.

Whatever a family has, unless it's "new money"...it is just normal to them. People like the SS family are surrounded by sycophants and they become blind to the envy and anger beneath. It doesn't matter how long someone works for you or if they watched your children grow up. They may seem to truly be "friends" not employees. But they may be seething underneath.

My husband had an executive assistant, a "confidential secretary." Under her were 4 other secretaries. At Christmas and her Birthday, it was our custom to give "Mary" expensive gifts. The other secretaries got nice gifts on those days too...but not as expensive as hers. We took them all out to lunch at our Club for secretaries day.

When she was sick once, I brought homemade soup to her house. On little holidays like Valentines Day, Halloween, Easter...I picked up small gifts for Mary and the others. Hand lotion, candy...just a remembrance. My husband would put these on the desks in pretty bags before the workday started. I thought we had a mutual fondness for each other.

One summer my daughter worked at the company. I had sent in Fourth Of July bags with candy and cookies to go home for the weekend. As my daughter approached the break room, my daughter heard Mary mocking my "cheap" gift. It was not one statement but a cascade of bitterness and envy.

I was heartbroken. But we were all wiser. Soon, my husband discovered other transgressions...serious ones. She was fired and left quietly because she was nailed.

We are all the product of our experiences. I will always remember how this woman fawned over me and my family. But behind our backs, she despised us.

So I will wait and see if there is any betrayal in this case. But I won't assume that an outer show of human affection is necessarily real....when envy and jealously may be festering behind the mask.

'If only'...

<BBM for Focus>

http://www.wfla.com/story/28984148/highlands-woman-held-hostage-sends-message-in-online-pizza-order

May 5, 2015 - HIGHLANDS WOMAN HELD HOSTAGE ASKS FOR HELP IN ONLINE PIZZA ORDER
HIGHLANDS COUNTY, FL
(WFLA) -

A quick-thinking Highlands County woman saved herself and her children from possible harm when she ordered an online pizza with a secret message saying she was being held hostage.

Highlands County Sheriff's Office investigators say at 3:40 p.m. on Monday, May 4th, an online pizza order, for a small hand-tossed classic pizza with pepperoni, was received by the Pizza Hut in Avon Park. Under the comments section there was a message asking them to send help and call 911 as the customer was being held hostage.

Pizza Hut employees recognized the order as being from a frequent customer. But, the comments were out of the ordinary so they called the Highlands County Sheriff's Office to investigate the situation.

Deputies believe Nickerson may have been high on Meth at the time of the hostage situation.

According to the arrest report, the couple had been arguing throughout the day while Nickerson carried a large knife.

&#8220;If I'm standing there with a knife in my hand, sharpening it, and looking at you in a menacing way and make a statement that, &#8216;I'm going to kill you,' and I've already done some violence to you, ya know how are you going to take that message?&#8221;
<Snipped - read more @ link>

Sacks has owned the home since 7/25/2001. iirc The S's moved into the home in 2002.

https://www.taxpayerservicecenter.com/RP_Detail.jsp?ssl=2120 0806

Not sure what you mean there. Many people set their homes up in a trust. The name on the trust can be anything. The trustees are not going to be visible to you. Sacks could be his attorney, but I'm quite sure he doesn't live there! It's an estate planning tool (probably a revocable living trust) so that if/when you die , the properties/assets in the trust - and there can be many more - do not become part of the will. The other trustees (likely his heirs) become owners. Your name drops out of the trust. No probate, no will involved. It's a way to protect your estate for your children. Very common.

In that picture a few posts back it looks like he may have been hit in the right eye. The eye is red and there is swelling under the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missinginfo541