DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think outsourcing security is pretty common these days. My neighbor has a son who works security for a 3M production facility. He isn't a 3M employee.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but my point was that a lot of companies have a lot less security than you would think.

Someone upthread posted a list of cases he was party to as an attorney. They were all in 1997, so, he did practice for a time. My guess is he was just biding his time until he inherited the business from his father.

Anyone know offhand if he was raised in privledge? Was his dad weathy? Obviously money focused, the father was suing people over ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------money! Its a family deal.

Someone upthread posted a list of cases he was party to as an attorney. They were all in 1997, so, he did practice for a time. My guess is he was just biding his time until he inherited the business from his father.

IWS started in 1948- so you are right on target - he did not make it -his father "gave" it to him. 67 years ago!

Agree. They must have lied about not knowing the money was stolen and LE bought the lie. SMH!!!

I suspect that LE weren't buying anything. More likely they just have no proof. All of the occupants may have just sat there and said "lawyer" too.

Anyone know offhand if he was raised in privledge? Was his dad weathy? Obviously money focused, the father was suing people over ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------money! Its a family deal.

I don't know for sure, but based on his own wealth, the age at which he was able to afford his house, and the fact that he was made CEO of a construction company with no professional credentials or accomplishments that scream, "I should be CEO of a construction company," I think it's probably fair to surmise that there was plenty of money in the family.

IWS started in 1948- so you are right on target - he did not make it -his father "gave" it to him. 67 years ago!

I don't know for sure, but based on his own wealth, the age at which he was able to afford his house, and the fact that he was made CEO of a construction company with no professional credentials or accomplishments that scream, "I should be CEO of a construction company," I think it's probably fair to surmise that there was plenty of money in the family.

I concur- that shapes belief systems

:thinking: Does this post give idea that someone puts gasoline in a 5 lb/10 lb pail vs. a normal container.

Not buying that at all. :moo:

What kind of accelerant like gasoline would be put in a bucket... or.... help me follow you as I cannot yet understand. That :moo: is foolhardy and just cannot fathom. Even to have it in a $9.00 approved gasoline container... then pour in a large open container to *throw* on the car indiscriminately doesn't make sense to me with my background...which isn't torching cars lol.

Can I pick your brain on what you are thinking?

TIA

Possible use of bucket to siphon gasoline from the car to use to torch it.

I'm betting that MPD is playing this close to the vest. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those people were re-arrested. Perhaps they (MPD) didn't have enough evidence at first.

Agree. I assumed they let them go to continue to surveil them.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but my point was that a lot of companies have a lot less security than you would think.

Police certainly know. The original point was that police would have notified AIW if an employee/former employee was arrested nearby carrying a concealed weapon.

JMO

There are 113 people here- the case sure mystifies huh?

The assumption is the fire destroyed his body. But the human body takes 2 to 3 hours to burn completely. The fire was set after 1 p.m. Firefighters were on the scene at approximately 1:20 p.m. So it's possible that his skin was burned but his flesh was not totally consumed by the fire. Knife wounds in his flesh would still be visible.

Thank you for this information FR. Is the 2 to 3 hour body burn time estimate with or without accelerant?

This is a little apropos of nothing, but Savvas really irked a bunch of martial arts enthusiasts with some of his posts in 1999: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/fa.iaido/68-lA-Kt5q4/uyys-3Cb2T4J

I found it because I was looking for the name of the type of martial art he practiced so that I could use that to look for his Chantilly studio, but it turns out that what he's posting about here is not the type that would have been practiced in his studio, which is described as a mix of yoga and martial arts.

I admire his discipline. It sounds like he was very accompished in martial arts. I'm getting a picture of a man whose passions lay far from the family business.

Ot have CNN on in background. It is about selling weed in places where it has (finally) been legalized. And all they are doing is talking and showing about how much cash is around and there. THere is no way on earth, I would go on nationial tv , and have cameras show piles and piles of cash, that to me is just asking for it no?

ha and then I had a funny thought - humm wonder how many criminals (not white collar!) are watching CNN thats funny

Possible use of bucket to siphon gasoline from the car to use to torch it.
That might be it. Maybe in the grand scheme hadn't planned on going driving/ using/ or joy riding in the Porsche. Now they have to get rid of it to much DNA prints, evidence, not going to stop and go to the store to get a gas can, or would not want to seem conspicuous buying a gas can at a station which all have cameras. So grab a bucket from the garage or somewhere. Use it to siphon and if you run away with a white bucket vs. a red gas can, and everyone is seeing smoke, you might be less likely to be noticed if you have a bucket.
And to another thing that has been brought up, lets say they did get gas at a station, I have seen gas dispensed in unapproved containers by idiots. At this point, this may have been an add on chore where they were having to wing it without a lot of thought. Just get it done, we are in so much danger right now in the crime they may have been just taking more chances. I don't think that bucket was for carrying the money though.

This is a little apropos of nothing, but Savvas really irked a bunch of martial arts enthusiasts with some of his posts in 1999: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/fa.iaido/68-lA-Kt5q4/uyys-3Cb2T4J

I found it because I was looking for the name of the type of martial art he practiced so that I could use that to look for his Chantilly studio, but it turns out that what he's posting about here is not the type that would have been practiced in his studio, which is described as a mix of yoga and martial arts.

I admire his discipline. It sounds like he was very accompished in martial arts. I'm getting a picture of a man whose passions lay far from the family business.

Yes, I had found that in the beginning, too. I found it very interesting that someone took his comments as direct physical threats. I didn't read his disagreements that way, but the poster sure did.

Yes, I had found that in the beginning, too. I found it very interesting that someone took his comments as direct physical threats. I didn't read his disagreements that way, but the poster sure did.

Yes, I didn't take it as a physical threat either. I couldn't tell if the poster thought it was truly a physical threat, or if it just gave him something juicy to grab onto to fuel his argument. I am pretty amazed at how much headspace Savvas had for things other than construction. It seems almost like he didn't really run AIW himself, but left it to the other C-level people to do the work so that he could spend time on cars and martial arts.

They were in the green book. Its like a Who Who . Bascally weathy people nominate each other, then pay a bunch of money 85 =120 to buy the book and put it on their coffee table1

http://www.thegreenbookdc.com/

The Green Book lists the most prominent Washingtonians from the ranks of business, law, government, philanthropy, technology, and more. Selection to the book is by invitation only. Members are defined by their commitment to the community, family and profession. Members may nominate new members at any time. Nominees do require a second sponsor and are subject to approval by The Green Book Governing Board.

Yes, I didn't take it as a physical threat either. I couldn't tell if the poster thought it was truly a physical threat, or if it just gave him something juicy to grab onto to fuel his argument. I am pretty amazed at how much headspace Savvas had for things other than construction. It seems almost like he didn't really run AIW himself, but left it to the other C-level people to do the work so that he could spend time on cars and martial arts.

When did he become AIW CEO and President? Those posts were in 1999. I need to look that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1