DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see lots of posts about the possibility of W-1 taking some of the $40,000. I haven't been able to keep up here so maybe this has been discussed already... has it occurred to anyone that maybe it was the employee who gave W-1 the money who took half?

Maybe that was why W-1 took a photo of the bag of money... to show someone that it was only $20 grand instead of $40 grand.

Would someone here go back and read page 5, third paragraph of the charging documents and tell me if they think the same thing or am I just confused?

TIA

W1 admitting to receiving the 4 stacks of cash from the employee's pocket. W1 had initially lied and said he just received an envelope presumably to try and give LE the impression W1 had no idea what he was delivering when in reality he did.

I have just explained why I am replying to this post, that may have already been replied to...

But LEO has already stated that the assistant was at a hardware store at 11:30 and then in other areas at the time of the fire. He was not involved in setting the house on fire and stealing the Porsche. Y'all can continue to try to put the assistant in places where he is involved, but not in places where LEO has confirmed he wasn't!

Unfortunately it appears LE has also caught him in a couple lies so we shall see.

I see lots of posts about the possibility of W-1 taking some of the $40,000. I haven't been able to keep up here so maybe this has been discussed already... has it occurred to anyone that maybe it was the employee who gave W-1 the money who took half?

Maybe that was why W-1 took a photo of the bag of money... to show someone that it was only $20 grand instead of $40 grand.

Would someone here go back and read page 5, third paragraph of the charging documents and tell me if they think the same thing or am I just confused?

TIA

The AIW executive is either a CFO or an accountant who was authorized to withdraw cash from AIW's account at BofA. He told police he gave W-1 $40K in a red bag that W-1 brought with him. W-1 did not dispute the amount in the affidavit.

W-I stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-l. W-I then drove to Mr. Savopoulos' house and called Mr. Savopoulos ten minutes before IT arrived at the home.

On his racing Website, Witness 1 says he will be competing in two races in the next few months. One in California, costs $495 to enter...and lasts 5 days. Five days room and meals.

Then he is racing in Italy in July, another multi-day event.

Interesting. And expensive.

KARTING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Sun, Jul 19, 2015 1:00pm
Sun, Jul 26, 2015 2:00pm
PGKart Indoor
ancona Italy

Karting World Championships in Ancona, IT.
June 26
Sport Kart Grand Nationals 2015
I think MPD might say otherwise. Like, "don't leave town, Buster."

I think it's awfully interesting that W1 and DW had welding, employment connections to SS, and a certain church parking lot in Maryland in common. I know that welding skills are not uncommon in the racing world, but if you grabbed two people in the greater DC area at random, how likely would they be to have even one of those things much less three. Probabilities aren't certainties, but they can certainly point you in a direction.

Has it hit MSM which church parking lot that was, and whether it was the parking lot where his mom worked, or are we still cows mooing? :moo: speculation :moo:

Plan may have been to pay DW to steal the Mosler.

Hey, for other cases we had a map that someone so graciously did. I've learned how to cut/paste, do screen shots.... but is there ONE person here that can do a visual map of house/AIW-dojo/where DW's fathers house is/where they were pulled over and arrested.

I've been to the national cathedral, and kinda near where they were arrested - but cannot visualize the other two locations.

Pretty please? :praying:

TIA

On his racing Website, Witness 1 says he will be competing in two races in the next few months. One in California, costs $495 to enter...and lasts 5 days. Five days room and meals.

Then he is racing in Italy in July, another multi-day event.

Interesting. And expensive.

KARTING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

Sun, Jul 19, 2015 1:00pm
Sun, Jul 26, 2015 2:00pm
PGKart Indoor
ancona Italy

Karting World Championships in Ancona, IT.
June 26
Sport Kart Grand Nationals 2015

Wonder who was bankrolling his plans? I also wonder if little Phillip was the one going to Italy?

ETA minimum age for competition is 16, so Philip would not be in this.

W1 admitting to receiving the 4 stacks of cash from the employee's pocket. W1 had initially lied and said he just received an envelope presumably to try and give LE the impression W1 had no idea what he was delivering when in reality he did.

*sigh* i AM confused! :-/

My gosh, if W-1 is involved, I can't believe he'd be so stupid as to think he wouldn't get caught.

I never said anything about Mosler being burned.

That was your response to me on my post on how a Mosler could be fenced with you saying it was burned ("You probably wouldn't want to burn the car if you wanted to send it overseas"). That was why I said in response to your burning post that as far as I knew it was in pristine condition and asked you why you said it was burned. You then said it was in the garage without explaining your prior burning comment even though I asked you why you said that.

I can't tell you how I found this, but I think I was looking for some record that W1 actually played lacrosse in college like he says in one of his bios. (Couldn't find that.) I'm pretty sure this was from a cached page. It could mean absolutely nothing, but the text in the lower right hand corner is why it came up in my search. I'm pretty sure there were some comments on this about a Chevy, but I can't find the page that led me to the photo. I'll keep looking.
View attachment 75246
Here:

LINK

That photo of the burned car seemed to be posted by a completely different guy who lives in a different state.

This theory is really intriguing, but I'm still on the fence because the Mosler is an extremely illiquid asset, sort of like stealing a Picasso. What was W1 going to do with the Mosler? I guess he could have had a fantasy that he would hide it for now and then take it someplace remote to drive it... or he could have thought he could put it in a shipping container and off to China it goes in exchange for a good bit of cash... but he certainly wasn't going to get away with selling it in the US. At least I don't think so?

I agree the idea that they wanted to take the Mosler makes no sense, if they had it would have been removed from the garage early, probably before the $40k was delivered, not left there once the house was set on fire! How on earth were they going to take possession of the car after that if it even survived the inferno? Also reselling, impossible. Just makes no sense at all, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore