DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a single person here has said he was going to a locked crime scene. So you think he was going back to collect his belongings so he could go on the lam with a box truck? LOL.

Why not drive now I95 in the Amerit truck? Go to Miami, get a fake ID and boat over to Bimini? Get the h*ll of of town with the cash and his entourage.

I came to the conclusion that IF W1 had played lacrosse at UMass it was during a stay there at a high school lacrosse summer camp.

In an article in The Capital Gazette March 29, 2014 he told Jake Linger, the interviewer, that he had suffered too many concussions as a member of the Annapolis High School football team, so he had to find something else to do, thus his dream of becoming a pro racecar driver.

and on his racing page bio he says he went to UMass. I believe the CC over UMass.

Yeah I just saw that too!!! I was about to post but saw this- you guys! He's a huge liar!!!!

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I thought a lot about scenarios that began this nightmare and the 6pm time LE gave us. I believe NG said SS was planning on working until 7pm but AS called at what was it, 5:30pm, to say she needed to go out? But wasn't it also reported that AS told SS she needed to go out before the phone call? (that SS knew at the beginning of the day that AS needed to go out that evening) Vera planned to leave at 3pm. Philip had a concussion so stayed home from school. Maybe AS had to get something out of her Porsche and DW was lying in wait for SS to come home but grabbed AS and forced her back into the house. I still feel like this started earlier... before 3pm. How could LE know the 6pm time? The more I try to figure this out the more confused I get. Philip may have had a headache as a result of the concussion so he was probably in bed in his room. Perhaps DW asked AS where Philip was and immediately took control of Philip knowing that when SS came home he would have to comply.

I came to the conclusion that IF W1 had played lacrosse at UMass it was during a stay there at a high school lacrosse summer camp.

In an article in The Capital Gazette March 29, 2014 he told Jake Linger, the interviewer, that he had suffered too many concussions as a member of the Annapolis High School football team, so he had to find something else to do, thus his dream of becoming a pro racecar driver.

Interesting...
This is from his bio:
"As a teenager, he competed at the highest levels of athletics, which led him to playing Lacrosse at the University of Massachusetts."

OK folks. I had asked before if someone could do a map, but I found one that has *some* on a map on MSM, therefore :biggrin: doesn't have a few locations I would like mapped, so others have at it if you know how to do that stuff.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5b488a-0077-11e5-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Locations.JPG
Far left red dot – 13930 Willard Drive, Chantilly VA-Martial Arts studio which has AIW branch next door to it (cannot yet locate media clip which had the pan of such, skigirl here at WS states
“ATL, You are both right. AIW's "Virginia Plant" shares a building with the martial arts studio. The source was one of the news video clips that's posted somewhere upthread. Reporter has cameraman pan from one to the other. That's also the US address of his little hedge fund. “
Second to left dot – 3200 block of Woodland Drive NW (Savopoulous residence)
Two dots together to the right of that – The Howard Johnsons where they began following, to Rhode Island Avenue and 10th Street NE – Arrest on May 21st
Far right dot – 8000 block of Anapolis Road, New Carrolton MD where the burned Porsche was found on May 14th

HTH

ETA: What a nightmare that perhaps 3 different jurisdictions were involved over state/DC lines. Glad that FBI, Secret Service, ATF was involved to tie it all together so nicely from the beginning as many perps SPECIFICALLY go across state lines to cloud the issue!!!

I just read Witness 1's biography and this new job would be quite a come-down for him. Not sure I can post the link.

From resume I saw, yes, the driver/asst job would be a come-down,
if resume is factual.
OTOH, new job may not be come-down, if resume was puffed and fluffed.
JM2cts.

I thought a lot about scenarios that began this nightmare and the 6pm time LE gave us. I believe NG said SS was planning on working until 7pm but AS called at what was it, 5:30pm, to say she needed to go out? But wasn't it also reported that AS told SS she needed to go out before the phone call? (that SS knew at the beginning of the day that AS needed to go out that evening) Vera planned to leave at 3pm. Philip had a concussion so stayed home from school. Maybe AS had to get something out of her Porsche and DW was lying in wait for SS to come home but grabbed AS and forced her back into the house. I still feel like this started earlier... before 3pm. How could LE know the 6pm time? The more I try to figure this out the more confused I get. Philip may have had a headache as a result of the concussion so he was probably in bed in his room. Perhaps DW asked AS where Philip was and immediately took control of Philip knowing that when SS came home he would have to comply.

The charging documents refer solely to the murder of SS. So 6pm is when he came under the "influence" of the perpetrator(s). The crimes committed at the home could have started earlier, but until around 6 pm, SS was not a victim, if that makes sense.

It's possible, but the turning himself in idea seems odd to me. He could have turned himself in when he was in Brooklyn, when he apparently learned he was wanted.

Yes, certainly. And also in Maryland. However, his girlfriend in Brooklyn told investigators that he was going back to D.C. to turn himself in, and his actions since leaving her are consistent with that intent. He may have simply believed (or been told by his father) that he needed to turn himself into D.C. police, since D.C. police were in charge of investigating this crime in D.C.

I think the key to believing this story is that the girlfriend told investigators that his intention was to turn himself in, well before the cops finally caught up with him ... after he had already entered D.C. This was not a "cover story" concocted after the fact.

If this is in fact what happened, it's a shame that police have sat on this explanation since Thursday night, while basking in the glory of "catching" him.

Hey, for other cases we had a map that someone so graciously did. I've learned how to cut/paste, do screen shots.... but is there ONE person here that can do a visual map of house/AIW-dojo/where DW's fathers house is/where they were pulled over and arrested.

I've been to the national cathedral, and kinda near where they were arrested - but cannot visualize the other two locations.

Pretty please? :praying:

TIA

Map of VA plant to SS house
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/139...9501a7e379!2m2!1d-77.063759!2d38.926936?hl=en

I don't believe the assistant had any involvement. I think he lied because he thought he did something illegal and it would ruin his life.
So he had been fired from the karting business. Probably not a big deal. I live and work in a "right to work" state so you can be fired for no reason, or you can be fired because your boss doesn't like purple shirts or red ties.
I read his bio- he had participated in some great events. My opinion is that SS hired him for a driver for him and mentor for his son. And he could guide PS into karting and later F1 racing if that was the plan. I think SS would have become a sponsor/ start a team to get ready for his son. Just my ideas. SS was a car guy and had the money to start a team...

Well said. I agree that he probably took this 'menial' job with the hope it would grow into something like you described. And I think it might have. SS wanted someone to mentor Phillip in go-karting and it would be a valid trade to help racer man get involved in a new team for himself. Which is one of the main reasons that I don't believe he was involved in the crime. I think he might have trouble telling the solid, consistent truth about things, however. :facepalm:

I don't believe the assistant had any involvement. I think he lied because he thought he did something illegal and it would ruin his life.
So he had been fired from the karting business. Probably not a big deal. I live and work in a "right to work" state so you can be fired for no reason, or you can be fired because your boss doesn't like purple shirts or red ties.
I read his bio- he had participated in some great events. My opinion is that SS hired him for a driver for him and mentor for his son. And he could guide PS into karting and later F1 racing if that was the plan. I think SS would have become a sponsor/ start a team to get ready for his son. Just my ideas. SS was a car guy and had the money to start a team...

As a general rule of thumb, I think it would be counterproductive for a company to fire someone based solely on shirt or tie color.

Especially a Go Cart company.

:dunno:

The charging documents refer solely to the murder of SS. So 6pm is when he came under the "influence" of the perpetrator(s). The crimes committed at the home could have started earlier, but until around 6 pm, SS was not a victim, if that makes sense.

Ok, that makes a lot of sense! Then it is quite possible that DW entered the home before 3pm, when Vera was to leave. AS may have made her plans known to SS earlier in the day but DW may have had her call SS to get him home sooner.

Did you guys see where he stated he was watching the son of his boss? So, he was kinda working and having fun. Also that the son was racing?

Does this mean that he was just taking Phillip to the go kart arena, or was he more broadly taking care of the child and responsible for him? I had not realized that he spent a considerable amount of time with Phillip, and it is the kind of thing I was curious about in terms of any recent changes in routine concerning Phillip.

Yes, certainly. And also in Maryland. However, his girlfriend in Brooklyn told investigators that he was going back to D.C. to turn himself in, and his actions since leaving her are consistent with that intent. He may have simply believed (or been told by his father) that he needed to turn himself into D.C. police, since D.C. police were in charge of investigating this crime in D.C.

I think the key to believing this story is that the girlfriend told investigators that his intention was to turn himself in, well before the cops finally caught up with him ... after he had already entered D.C. This was not a "cover story" concocted after the fact.

If this is in fact what happened, it's a shame that police have sat on this explanation since Thursday night, while basking in the glory of "catching" him.

BBM

Well, truth be told, they DID catch him. He was driving down the road with an entourage and cash money. I don't think he was heading for the police station. If he sincerely wanted to turn himself in, I am sure that Howard Johnson's had a phone available.

Also, I heard LE saying since they FIRST interviewed the girlfriend, that he said he was turning himself in. So they were not sitting on that explanation. Can you blame them for being proactive and pinging the killer's phones?

They do deserve to bask in some glory. Every single one of those officers was on total overtime---all onboard---until they caught this freak. And he is a psychopath, with nothing to lose, and a bag full of cash. They DESERVE any and all kudos for bringing him in safely. :cop:

ATL, You are both right. AIW's "Virginia Plant" shares a building with the martial arts studio. The source was one of the news video clips that's posted somewhere upthread. Reporter has cameraman pan from one to the other. That's also the US address of his little hedge fund.

OMG, LMAO...
Ok, I used to work with one of the businesses that was located and which is still currently at that same address. Let me tell you, it was a warehouse...a huge one and the original business either started renting out portions of the huge space and divided the huge warehouse into several spaces.
This is yet another out of the way and kind of rundown area. Can't even imagine a high end exclusive membership martial arts studio in that location...no less an international hedge fund. It puzzles me the places this man would drive these ridiculously expensive cars.

This is one obvious explanation. It did not appear that Wint stayed long at the Howard Johnson's, and then he headed off in this convoy into D.C. with a group that included his brother. While the presence of the Amerit truck is admittedly odd, the one explanation for the convoy that makes a lot of sense is turning himself in. Particularly since no one in the group was charged or even detained very long by police.

Otherwise we are forced to believe that four other people are co-conspirators in attempting to harbor a fugitive wanted for a quadruple homicide. While conspiracies are great for TV, I'm not sure it's that easy to round up four adults willing to throw in with such a notorious suspect trying to stay on the lam. One person, maybe. Four risking their freedom? Why would they do that?

If you were going to turn yourself in, wouldn't you let LE know?

That was how I interpreted the 6 PM timeline as well. I am thinking that there will be other charging documents outlining the crimes against each other individual.

Since there are believed to be other accomplices would that be the reasoning behind separate charging documents that may be used in the event of other arrests? Ones that might have different time lines when the crimes against those individuals begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces