DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on social media photos and MSM videos the only car missing is the Bentley. If LE finds the Bentley, will they find the killer's accomplice?

Are we sure it is missing? Maybe one of the employees used it that day for work purposes and returned it to one of the offices. I am sure LE would not have allowed it to be driven in past the crime scene tape.

I'd really like to know why one of the men in the box truck was in the back of the truck. Why not ride in front with the other guy? If it weren't for the fact that none of them were arrested, I'd suspect his truck was hijacked and he was being held in the back.

I call BS on the bit about playing lacrosse at UMASS in W1's bio on his website. I just went thru their archives and looked at the lacrosse roster for every year between 2000-2015 and his name is not listed anywhere.

Perhaps, he's a pathological liar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the plan was to steal the Mosler then why leave without it? If the plan was to go back for it, why leave it in the garage which was attached to the house you were burning? Why spend the night, he could have just obtained the keys and been out of there?

Plus if the Mosler was stolen it would have been a really hot potato. You couldn't keep it...... everybody would know it was connected to 4 horrendous murders and someone would turn you in.

To sell it you would need access to a very specialized market. One capable of forging paperwork and getting the vehicle out of the country.

You couldn't even break it down and sell it for parts it would be so hot and so easily identifiable.

These are all perfectly legitimate reasons not to pursue a certain course of action. But keep in mind DW is someone who orders and eats pizza during the commission of a quadruple kidnapping, torture, and murder. He goes on the lam afterwards, and is shocked when he sees his name and picture on TV. And yet he returns to within miles of the crime scene in a highly visible convoy. He appears to comport himself in an ill advised manner. :(

Do we know yet who was assigned this truck? How did this person get involved in the convoy carrying stolen money? These answers will be a good starting point in putting pieces together.

LE knew immediately upon contacting the main company who the driver/employee of this particular truck was.

I call BS on the bit about playing lacrosse at UMASS in W1's bio on his website. I just went thru their archives and looked at the lacrosse roster for every year between 2000-2015 and his name is not listed anywhere.

Check to see if he played on the club team. My cousin went to UNH and played lacrosse on their club team vs their NCAA team.

But if that's the case w w1 he sure is making it sound like he's playing D1 lax.

And even then- still w LLPOF (liar liar pants on fire)

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I'd really like to know why one of the men in the box truck was in the back of the truck. Why not ride in front with the other guy? If it weren't for the fact that none of them were arrested, I'd suspect his truck was hijacked and he was being held in the back.

If there was one in the back, it is possible there wasn't enough room in the front. IDK if it has bench seat or bucket but 3 would probably make it crowded.

FWIW I wondered why DW was in the car. Being in that area, it would probably have been safer for him to ride in tne back. LOL he is probably wishing now that he had.

According to CNN, Wint's father says Wint's brother was assisting him to turn himself in.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/05/25/lead-dnt-brown-dc-mansion-murder.cnn

This is one obvious explanation. It did not appear that Wint stayed long at the Howard Johnson's, and then he headed off in this convoy into D.C. with a group that included his brother. While the presence of the Amerit truck is admittedly odd, the one explanation for the convoy that makes a lot of sense is turning himself in. Particularly since no one in the group was charged or even detained very long by police.

Otherwise we are forced to believe that four other people are co-conspirators in attempting to harbor a fugitive wanted for a quadruple homicide. While conspiracies are great for TV, I'm not sure it's that easy to round up four adults willing to throw in with such a notorious suspect trying to stay on the lam. One person, maybe. Four risking their freedom? Why would they do that?

In his Linkedin profile, W1 says he studied Business Marketing at the two year Anne Arundel Community College for 3 or maybe 4 years. 2007 - 2010
and on his racing page bio he says he went to UMass. I believe the CC over UMass.

If DW can be a Marine surely he can be a lacrosse player? :lol:

This is one obvious explanation. It did not appear that Wint stayed long at the Howard Johnson's, and then he headed off in this convoy into D.C. with a group that included his brother. While the presence of the Amerit truck is admittedly odd, the one explanation for the convoy that makes a lot of sense is turning himself in. Particularly since no one in the group was charged or even detained very long by police.

Otherwise we are forced to believe that four other people are co-conspirators in attempting to harbor a fugitive wanted for a quadruple homicide. While conspiracies are great for TV, I'm not sure it's that easy to round up four adults willing to throw in with such a notorious suspect trying to stay on the lam. One person, maybe. Four risking their freedom? Why would they do that?

It's possible, but the turning himself in idea seems odd to me. He could have turned himself in when he was in Brooklyn, when he apparently learned he was wanted.

I am trying hard to look away from him. A few things may it seem improbable that he was involved. But for some reason I keep coming back and looking at him sideways.

The reasons I do not see him connected--hard to see him being close friends with DW. They do not seem similar in many ways, imo.

And W1 seemed happy to have a job that would allow him to go on these competitions. And a boss that would be enthusiastic about it. They might not have been classified as sponsors, but by stepping up and giving him a job, they were true sponsors.

I do wish, however, that we knew more about why he was fired. I cannot believe it would have been for stealing or something like that, or SS would not have hired him so quickly. Sometimes people get fired for 'political' or strange workplace reasons. So who knows? I wish I did know what got him fired though.

The last call going to him and him not answering---really niggles at me. Like a few of us have said, if we dropped off 40k cash to our boss in a vulnerable place, we would be glued to the phone to make sure he received it. JMO

I'm not sure he didn't answer that last call from SS. I believe the reference to not answering calls on Wednesday meant the Wednesday following the murders when reporters tried to reach him.

But first they had to pick up some women and go to Howard Johnson's for the night? :wink:

Wint didn't spend the night at Howard Johnson's according to this CBS News video:
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/how-daron-wint-was-caught/

According to the NY Post, Wint was in Brooklyn since the prior Sunday, with his girlfriend. When his name hit the news on Wednesday night, he called his father, spent Wednesday night in Brooklyn, then left for the DMV area via livery cab on Thursday. He never slept overnight at the Howard Johnson's, and it's not clear how long he was there on Thursday.

http://nypost.com/2015/05/22/feds-barely-missed-dc-family-slaughter-suspect-in-brooklyn/

Simple. He was from DC. He had loads of cash because he just successfully did a home invasion that netted him 40k. The box truck? No idea. Maybe to move his stuff out of DC. Going back to a locked down crime scene? Lol, not even the stupidest criminal would think that one up.

I don't think a single person here has said he was going to a locked crime scene. So you think he was going back to collect his belongings so he could go on the lam with a box truck? LOL.

There are also Virginia office at the Willard Rd address, Chantilly, VA
http://www.mapquest.com/us/virginia/business-chantilly/aiw-inc-274361252

Th Willard Road Chantilly address looks to be where this report was done re dividing up the property -- part iron works/part martial arts. (4:20 on video) http://www.myfoxdc.com/clip/11517273/housekeeper-40000-in-cash-delivered-to-dc-home-where-4-murdered

Street view: https://www.google.com/maps/@38.886...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s5EvO50fdDjJXJFch4eq6LQ!2e0

If the plan was to steal the Mosler then why leave without it? If the plan was to go back for it, why leave it in the garage which was attached to the house you were burning? Why spend the night, he could have just obtained the keys and been out of there?

Plus if the Mosler was stolen it would have been a really hot potato. You couldn't keep it...... everybody would know it was connected to 4 horrendous murders and someone would turn you in.

To sell it you would need access to a very specialized market. One capable of forging paperwork and getting the vehicle out of the country.

You couldn't even break it down and sell it for parts it would be so hot and so easily identifiable.

They would leave the Mosler because either W1 forgot to leave the key (to it and/or the cars blocking it in the garage) or DW couldn't drive a stick! I completely agree that it would be like stealing the Mona Lisa - how could you hang it in your living room or sell it without getting caught? But so far no one involved in this case seems to be particularly smart and at least one person involved strikes me as thinking IT is more intelligent than IT is... Maybe the plan was to scratch off the VIN number, but surely they would have to know that there are numerous VIN locations AND that no matter what the VIN, you can't just show up at a race track with a Mosler and expect it to go unnoticed.

I saw that. And I don't want to believe he would be involved in the gruesome, torture and murder of this kid. He knew him and they bonded over racing. Could he really send DW into that home ? :eek: I really don't want to believe it.

I don't believe the assistant had any involvement. I think he lied because he thought he did something illegal and it would ruin his life.
So he had been fired from the karting business. Probably not a big deal. I live and work in a "right to work" state so you can be fired for no reason, or you can be fired because your boss doesn't like purple shirts or red ties.
I read his bio- he had participated in some great events. My opinion is that SS hired him for a driver for him and mentor for his son. And he could guide PS into karting and later F1 racing if that was the plan. I think SS would have become a sponsor/ start a team to get ready for his son. Just my ideas. SS was a car guy and had the money to start a team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces