DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. The calls started shortly after 7 a.m. May 14 and ended just before noon. The fire was reported at 1:15 p.m.

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html
There was no reason for SS to be alive let alone calling W1 hours after the money drop. The flurry of calls to these people should have ended around 10 AM instead of continuing hours later.

I think you are carrying this "flurry" a bit too far. But of course, that is my opinion. You have no idea how many calls were made after the money drop. Or that SS continued in a "flurry" after that.

Based on what we do know, the likely "flurry" started at 7am. Speaking back and forth with all of those different people, putting together the money. I see no reason why there would be a continued "flurry", or why DW would continue to allow a "flurry".

BTW, a "flurry" to me is multiple back and forth to multiple people. I don't see that happening after the money.

This crime is already filled with intrigue and mystery...I don't know why some insist there is even more to it!!

There is nothing in my brain that tells me that 2 well regarded employees of this family would put their jobs...let alone their freedom, or possibly life...on the line for a portion of $40,000. To take the lives of 4 people for that? I don't see anything in these 2 people's pasts that tells me they don't value human life. One worked with the family for 20 years, and was the employer of one...the other working closely with the 10 year old.

I have no doubt those 2 were making that per year, plus some! And they got the perks that come along with working for a wealthy family...

I just don't have anything that tells me that is the case.

I'm not arguing your point of guilt or innocence.

BUT, I am not convinced either employee was full-time. Let's say for argument's sake that the HK is working 25 hours/week at this house. She is not full time, as we know she employs (according to her) other cleaners and she works at other homes/businesses(?) If she worked 25 hours/week, 52 weeks/year at $20/hour, that's $26,000 if her employer paid all her withholding/taxes. I haven't read anything that says the driver/assistant was full time, but of course he could be. Even so, I don't think he would earn $40,000 year for driving the boss around in the boss' car and doing odd jobs.

IF this crime was committed for the sole purpose of extortion, I don't think the perp(s) went into the home with $40,000 in mind. I think $40,000 is all the money SS could accrue in less than 18 hours under the circumstances. So whoever planned the crime may have thought they were going to get away with many times that amount, and possibly a sweet ride.

What perks that go along with working for a wealthy family? It's a job. The pay is the perk. I think most people would rather be hanging out with their own family and friends, rather than their employer's. JMHO.

Also, psychopaths are often quite charming, which is why they are able to take advantage of people. If they were gargoyles with horrible manners and obvious bad attitudes, everyone would see them coming a mile away. A couple of months might be long enough for the veneer to start wearing thin.

"The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."

I would think that W-1's job is to be available. There is no sense in hiring a driver if he does not answer your calls or you can't reach him for hours on end. You'd be better off calling a car service.

The fact that W-1 did not return "messages left on his phone" is very suspicious to me.

I'm not arguing your point of guilt or innocence.

BUT, I am not convinced either employee was full-time. Let's say for argument's sake that the HK is working 25 hours/week at this house. She is not full time, as we know she employs (according to her) other cleaners and she works at other homes/businesses(?) If she worked 25 hours/week, 52 weeks/year at $20/hour, that's $26,000 if her employer paid all her withholding/taxes. I haven't read anything that says the driver/assistant was full time, but of course he could be. Even so, I don't think he would earn $40,000 year for driving the boss around in the boss' car and doing odd jobs.

IF this crime was committed for the sole purpose of extortion, I don't think the perp(s) went into the home with $40,000 in mind. I think $40,000 is all the money SS could accrue in less than 18 hours under the circumstances. So whoever planned the crime may have thought they were going to get away with many times that amount, and possibly a sweet ride.

What perks that go along with working for a wealthy family? It's a job. The pay is the perk. I think most people would rather be hanging out with their own family and friends, rather than their employer's. JMHO.

Also, psychopaths are often quite charming, which is why they are able to take advantage of people. If they were gargoyles with horrible manners and obvious bad attitudes, everyone would see them coming a mile away. A couple of months might be long enough for the veneer to start wearing thin.

OK...

I disagree with you, but no point in stating why. I said what I meant in my post.

Saying someone doesn't like pizza is like saying someone doesn't like breathing air!

WHO IN THE WORLD doesn't like pizza? LOL!!!! (OK, ok...there may be some weirdo somewhere located on planet earth...)

Or Ginger, the Labrador Retriever attack dog... :laughing:

I would think that W-1's job is to be available. There is no sense in hiring a driver if he does not answer your calls or you can't reach him for hours on end. You'd be better off calling a car service.

The fact that W-1 did not answer calls until after the fire was started is very suspicious to me.

If you are going on about your work day...and have been told by your boss that your driver services would not be needed that day - and I have no doubt he would have told him that to keep him away from the house, allowing him to get more involved in this mess, much like they did with the housekeeper...and you were in fact doing other work for him, it is not strange - at least to me - to miss a call and call him back a couple hours later. People actually do miss their calls from their boss without it being suspicious.

Well, we know he was working with Phillip because we saw a picture stating that is exactly what he was doing.

I get the "well regarded" from the fact that SS contacted him to carry out the MOST IMPORTANT part of this plan - delivering the ransom money that would hopefully save him and his family.

You don't have to agree with me. But those are the facts as I see them!

Playing devil's advocate - DW could have instructed SS to have W1 deliver the money if they were working together. NOT SAYING THEY WERE, but we don't actually know why SS had W1 deliver the cash instead of the employee who withdrew it from the bank.

"The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."

The fact that W-1 did not return "messages left on his phone" is very suspicious to me.

I would also like to know why? It wouldn't matter if he was somewhere with no signal because as soon as he got within signal range he would have gotten messages or texts.

Playing devil's advocate - DW could have instructed SS to have W1 deliver the money if they were working together. NOT SAYING THEY WERE, but we don't actually know why SS had W1 deliver the cash instead of the employee who withdrew it from the bank.

OK...I'll play! LOL!

If they were working together, DW could have met W-1 anywhere after he killed them...why bring him to the house to possibly bring more attention?

Or maybe someone put a sock in her mouth.
If you've been following the case, you'll notice that AG isn't the most reliable of sources of info. When she hears something, she tells the press. She is a blabbermouth.

She stopped talking to the press. Or, maybe, the press stopped talking to her.

JMO

"The documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. The calls started shortly after 7 a.m. May 14 and ended just before noon. The fire was reported at 1:15 p.m.

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html
There was no reason for SS to be alive let alone calling W1 hours after the money drop. The flurry of calls to these people should have ended around 10 AM instead of continuing hours later.
The charging docs say after the 40k was delivered the 4 decedents were killed.

I would also like to know why? It wouldn't matter if he was somewhere with no signal because as soon as he got within signal range he would have gotten messages or texts.

Seems like both of you are confused about the "who did not return messages on his cell phone".

That is about reporters or whoever calling him, on Wednesday...NOT SS calling him and not returning calls!!!!

On Wednesday, the family had been dead for 6 days!!!

We have no idea what, if any, message was left by SS on the 11:54 call. We know nothing about the length of that call.

Well, we know he was working with Phillip because we saw a picture stating that is exactly what he was doing.

I get the "well regarded" from the fact that SS contacted him to carry out the MOST IMPORTANT part of this plan - delivering the ransom money that would hopefully save him and his family.

You don't have to agree with me. But those are the facts as I see them!

Not that I think you wrong as the whole family may have loved W1, just we don't know the circumstances of what transpired with the kidnapping to know why this arrangement was made. I think SS had high standing of whoever the one who was authorized to sign out $40K of cash from AIW and walk out with it (W1 wasn't an authorized signer), but SS didn't have that authorized bank signer just do the whole thing himself, so it could be for other reasons (good or bad) that W1 was used. My main issue is something being described as fact rather than something described as supposition, which I too can be guilty of the same thing in stating things as fact when in reality I'm making a supposition and not even realizing that I'm doing it. By all means criticize me for the same as I don't want to mistaken on what is and isn't a fact and I think it's important for the overall discussion that it's delineated what's a fact and what isn't.

Now that I've said that, I'm not aware of the picture you're talking about, unless you're referring to the one with him saying he was at the track at his job with him in the stands. If that's the one you mean, he could have been there in the capacity as a driver for the family taking them to and from the event and he distinctly wasn't part of the pit crew for PS in that picture.

The messages he didn't return were from the media trying to reach him. Reread the article.

OK...I'll play! LOL!

If they were working together, DW could have met W-1 anywhere after he killed them...why bring him to the house to possibly bring more attention?

That's a good question.

MH
If you are going on about your work day...and have been told by your boss that your driver services would not be needed that day - and I have no doubt he would have told him that to keep him away from the house, allowing him to get more involved in this mess, much like they did with the housekeeper...and you were in fact doing other work for him, it is not strange - at least to me - to miss a call and call him back a couple hours later. People actually do miss their calls from their boss without it being suspicious.

But a driver...is a different sort of job. His workday is at the discretion of his employer. It's not predictable or typical. He may be told one thing, and a man like SS, CEO of several businesses, involved in so many community charities, might call him anytime with a change of plans.

A maid can keep cleaning and satisfy her job requirement. A driver needs to be available TO DRIVE. If SS got a call that he needed to be at one of his other businesses, or meet a potential client and he had to call a car service or drive himself...wouldn't he think..."Why am I paying a driver?"

Daily Mail:

Murdered DC family never had security despite wealth and would open door to anyone, friends reveal

Friends described the Savopoulos family as being open and loving

Savvas Savopoulos, 46, his wife Amy, their 10-year-old son Philip were found dead in their home two weeks ago

Housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa also died as the property was set alight

Has been revealed Mr Savopolous had organised a holiday with his wife

They were set to travel to Mykonos, Greece, before lives were cut short

Ex-convict Daron Wint has been charged in connection with the deaths

Authorities are still searching for accomplices

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-open-door-friends-reveal.html#ixzz3bIZqRYE5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke