DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NO! I'm getting frustrated and bowing out of these posts for awhile. Pictures are online of the driver/assistant/W1. He has short hair.

See ya later.

Ok, I thought that's what you meant. Sorry!! It is frustrating and hard to follow. Go get your mind relaxed and come back soon!

:seeya:

This is where I'm getting my idea that W3 is a neighbor. I would think it was someone who recognized the car and noticed it was being driven in an usual way. This quote was in a news article on May 16:

BBM

"Neighbors reported seeing a man banging on the door of one home, an aggressive vacuum cleaner salesman at another house, reports of a prowler, and what a witness said could have been the Savopouloses’ blue Porsche speeding down the street the day before the deaths were discovered."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html
The speeding blue Porsche in the neighborhood could easily have been SS, racing home because of his wife's request that he come home. He may have been either A) very uneasy about that request, fearing trouble (though not uneasy enough to alert someone else or LE), B) pissed off that his wife was calling him home to watch PS, and taking out his anger via aggressive driving, or C) enjoying the 911 as a motorsports enthusiast.

As far as W-3 goes, that could be anybody. I think it would stick in my mind if I saw a guy in a neon green workman's vest driving a Porsche 911, especially if there were anything noteworthy at all about his driving. Mainly it's the incongruity of the neon green workman's vest and the Porsche 911, because I would find it noteworthy regardless of the race (or sex) of the driver. If it were a utility pickup or a van with a ladder on top, I wouldn't give it a second thought. But with a Porsche 911, I would find myself trying to answer what a guy with a workman's vest is doing driving a 911. I think it would cross my mind that the car might be stolen, and I would look to the identity of the driver to see if it supported that idea.

I thought the maid was telling the media the bad info the assistant gave her on about the 40k being for the Dojo?. I think the assistant texted a friend of his the picture of the cash and LE saw it when they asked to see his phone. LE brought the assistants friend in for questioning and he/she confirmed it by showing the LE. IMO

We don't know what the contents of the text said, just that there was a picture and there was some text which LE did not provide in the charging documents. W2 could be any number people as we just don't know.

Ok, we need some new information from LE. Posters are rehashing the same issues that were debated 3 days ago.

Fight on friend .. Fight the insanity vortex!
It's hopeless Captain! There is wave after wave and then the waves can't even figure out which direction the others are going and it becomes a free for all! Abandon ship!

W-2 is the maid.

According to the affidavit, W-3 was "identified, located and interviewed" by LE. That tells me W-3 did not call and volunteer the information to LE. That LE "identified, located" and brought W-3 in to be interviewed. The wording is key. W-3 said he witnessed the blue Porsche on New York Avenue. That's a good distance away from the crime scene. New York Avenue is closer to the Howard Johnson, where DW stayed, than the crime scene. What was a witness doing spotting the Porsche all the way out there? My guess is W-3 is connected somehow.

I don't think W2's identity is clear yet.

My goodness. Now we have DW, W1, W2 AND W3 "connected somehow". Four people to share a "predetermined and scheduled delivery of $40k" to SS that Thursday. Except DW arrived a day early and all four were willing to risk life in jail for murder and kidnapping for $10K each? To slaughter a family and their housekeeper?

If you know about something generally but not specifically, you wouldn't know when exactly the driver does that. That would be extremely stupid if W1 was bragging and giving specific dates and times rather than just saying it's something he did weekly/monthly/etc...it would be stupid bragging that you're doing that, but saying when exactly you're doing it would be a higher level of stupid.

Still doesn't make sense that he would wait with 4 hostages inside the house rather than outside alone - much higher risk. Are we to believe that he just got lucky that the delivery was made within 24 hours of him taking the family captive? I think if he knew enough about when the money was coming to wait in the house, he could have waited outside. IMO, this was not a regular occurence, the money was not arranged before Wednesday for the dojo, art or anything else - it was ransom money.

Have you ever seen The Wire? Murderers carry their tools around in buckets. In this case, I believe the bucket was used to transport gasoline. LE recovered a similar bucket from this father's house.

If the bucket was gasoline filled then why not leave it in the torched car? Why take it along?

Have you ever seen The Wire? Murderers carry their tools around in buckets. In this case, I believe the bucket was used to transport gasoline. LE recovered a similar bucket from this father's house.

I could agree with the tools, but if it was just to carry gasoline, why wouldn't he have left it to burn up in the Porsche fire?

Still doesn't make sense that he would wait with 4 hostages inside the house rather than outside alone - much higher risk.

Not if you're trying to get even more money than whatever the scheduled delivery was. If you know someone gets some cash, you could think they can get even more cash.

Are we to believe that he just got lucky that the delivery was made within 24 hours of him taking the family captive? I think if he knew enough about when the money was coming to wait in the house, he could have waited outside. IMO, this was not a regular occurence, the money was not arranged before Wednesday for the dojo, art or anything else - it was ransom money.

We don't know when he took the family hostage, which there has been speculation for instance that it had been longer given how that the other HK may have been there 3 hours later than usual. You're also assuming that if SS is known for being able to get lots of cash that someone kidnapping them wouldn't try and get more than whatever amount was planned. Getting a planned cash delivery and getting a cash ransom are not mutually exclusive criminal events. That the flurry of calls continued after whatever money was delivered, it looks like there was an attempt to get more money and after whatever reason W1 was called at noon, the family was then killed.

Still doesn't make sense that he would wait with 4 hostages inside the house rather than outside alone - much higher risk. Are we to believe that he just got lucky that the delivery was made within 24 hours of him taking the family captive? I think if he knew enough about when the money was coming to wait in the house, he could have waited outside. IMO, this was not a regular occurence, the money was not arranged before Wednesday for the dojo, art or anything else - it was ransom money.

Right. And if W1 was the insider who tipped off DW to these regular deliveries of $40k while in the apartment parking lot by DW's daddy's house and then W1 is the delivery man then DW could give W1 a whack on the head, take his red bag and run. That way W1 can run into the house bleeding and claim he was robbed. That's a bit less complicated than a home invasion, waiting 18 hours, murder, setting a fire etc.
It's also maybe 20 years in prison rather than life if you get busted

If the bucket was gasoline filled then why not leave it in the torched car? Why take it along?

What about something like tool(s) perp(s) may have used during hostage murder? Like duct tape, rope, gloves, knives, OR smaller valuables like jewelry, coins? Did LE ever recover the tool(s) etc that perp used to bind victims, etc. and murder weapon? I wouldn't think knife, stabbing weapon would melt in either fire.

And my first thought when I heard alleged perp DW doesn't like pizza, is WHO doesn't like pizza? Jmo/

But .. But .. That can't be right because everything must feed into a grand conspiracy!

This crime is already filled with intrigue and mystery...I don't know why some insist there is even more to it!!

There is nothing in my brain that tells me that 2 well regarded employees of this family would put their jobs...let alone their freedom, or possibly life...on the line for a portion of $40,000. To take the lives of 4 people for that? I don't see anything in these 2 people's pasts that tells me they don't value human life. One worked with the family for 20 years, and was the employer of one...the other working closely with the 10 year old.

I have no doubt those 2 were making that per year, plus some! And they got the perks that come along with working for a wealthy family...

I just don't have anything that tells me that is the case.

I don't think there were regular $40,000 deliveries. But was $40,000 delivered?

W3 is likely someone who called the tip line after seeing the Porsche. Good catch by person who noticed documents said W3 was located ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke