DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A neighbor? All the way on the other side of town?

YES. My daughter saw her friends Black Corvette across town and it had been stolen from their garage. She noticed it because the family never drove it.

What about something like tool(s) perp(s) may have used during hostage murder? Like duct tape, rope, gloves, knives, OR smaller valuables like jewelry, coins? Did LE ever recover the tool(s) etc that perp used to bind victims, etc. and murder weapon? I wouldn't think knife, stabbing weapon would melt in either fire.

And the first thing I thought of when heard alleged perp DW doesn't like pizza, is WHO doesn't like pizza? Jmo/

He's a bodybuilder. He probably doesn't like carbs.

W3 described the blue Porsche being driven by a black male with short well groomed hair and wearing a green vest around 1:30 pm on Thursday

And I am wondering if that "short, well groomed hair" came from them questioning him if the person had dreads, as we know DDW does. And his response was that - but could easily have been because he had his dreads pulled back, making them appear that way in a moving car.

What about something like tool(s) perp(s) may have used during hostage murder? Like duct tape, rope, gloves, knives, OR smaller valuables like jewelry, coins? Did LE ever recover the tool(s) etc that perp used to bind victims, etc. and murder weapon? I wouldn't think knife, stabbing weapon would melt in either fire.

And the first thing I thought of when heard alleged perp DW doesn't like pizza, is WHO doesn't like pizza? Jmo/

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually ordered the pizza for them to eat ... showing them that he could be "nice." I think most of this was improv, including the pizza order.

Right. And if W1 was the insider who tipped off DW to these regular deliveries of $40k while in the apartment parking lot by DW's daddy's house and then W1 is the delivery man then DW could give W1 a whack on the head, take his red bag and run. That way W1 can run into the house bleeding and claim he was robbed. That's a bit less complicated than a home invasion, waiting 18 hours, murder, setting a fire etc.
It's also maybe 20 years in prison rather than life if you get busted

YES. Good thinking. If W1 and DW really did plan this out, they could have easily done as you described. No need to kill 4 people and risk Death Row.

Just do a 'fake' robbery and W1 could keep his job even.

Insert "crust" after "pizza" and I'd say that's a believable statement.

Saying someone doesn't like pizza is like saying someone doesn't like breathing air!

WHO IN THE WORLD doesn't like pizza? LOL!!!! (OK, ok...there may be some weirdo somewhere located on planet earth...)

This crime is already filled with intrigue and mystery...I don't know why some insist there is even more to it!!

There is nothing in my brain that tells me that 2 well regarded employees of this family would put their jobs...let alone their freedom, or possibly life...on the line for a portion of $40,000. To take the lives of 4 people for that? I don't see anything in these 2 people's pasts that tells me they don't value human life. One worked with the family for 20 years, and was the employer of one...the other working closely with the 10 year old.

I have no doubt those 2 were making that per year, plus some! And they got the perks that come along with working for a wealthy family...

I just don't have anything that tells me that is the case.

It's hard to comprehend W1's multiple versions to LE. That part is bizarre.

This crime is already filled with intrigue and mystery...I don't know why some insist there is even more to it!!

There is nothing in my brain that tells me that 2 well regarded employees of this family would put their jobs...let alone their freedom, or possibly life...on the line for a portion of $40,000. To take the lives of 4 people for that? I don't see anything in these 2 people's pasts that tells me they don't value human life. One worked with the family for 20 years, and was the employer of one...the other working closely with the 10 year old.

I have no doubt those 2 were making that per year, plus some! And they got the perks that come along with working for a wealthy family...

I just don't have anything that tells me that is the case.

What you are saying may be true about W1, I'm just wondering what your source is that you can state as fact that W1 was well-regarded and you know with certainly he was working closely with PS. All I know of W1 is that he had been working for SS since at best March and LE describes W1 as driving SS to and from work and also doing other assignments given to him by SS.

Not if you're trying to get even more money than whatever the scheduled delivery was. If you know someone gets some cash, you could think they can get even more cash.

We don't know when he took the family hostage, which there has been speculation for instance that it had been longer given how that the other HK may have been there 3 hours later than usual. You're also assuming that if SS is known for being able to get lots of cash that someone kidnapping them wouldn't try and get more than whatever amount was planned. Getting a planned cash delivery and getting a cash ransom are not mutually exclusive criminal events. That the flurry of calls continued after whatever money was delivered, it looks like there was an attempt to get more money and after whatever reason W1 was called at noon, the family was then killed.

Please explain where you got that idea?

This is where I'm getting my idea that W3 is a neighbor. I would think it was someone who recognized the car and noticed it was being driven in an usual way. This quote was in a news article on May 16:

BBM

"Neighbors reported seeing a man banging on the door of one home, an aggressive vacuum cleaner salesman at another house, reports of a prowler, and what a witness said could have been the Savopouloses’ blue Porsche speeding down the street the day before the deaths were discovered."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

IIRC, W3 witnessed the car driven erratically by a man in a green work vest on Thursday, after the murders.

Saying someone doesn't like pizza is like saying someone doesn't like breathing air!

WHO IN THE WORLD doesn't like pizza? LOL!!!! (OK, ok...there may be some weirdo somewhere located on planet earth...)

Right here. Weirdo. I don't eat pizza.

Well as far as I'm concerned in my little European country Domino's pizza was more expensive than the other pizza services available and certainly more tasty. I know it's different in America but how can someone just eat 2 slices of pizza is beyond me. I have some food issues problems (bulimia ) but I'd surely eat half of each pizza. JMHO opinion and OT sorry.

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

What you are saying may be true about W1, I'm just wondering what your source is that you can state as fact that W1 was well-regarded and you know with certainly he was working closely with PS. All I know of W1 is that he had been working for SS since at best March and LE describes W1 as driving SS to and from work and also doing other assignments given to him by SS.

Well, we know he was working with Phillip because we saw a picture stating that is exactly what he was doing.

I get the "well regarded" from the fact that SS contacted him to carry out the MOST IMPORTANT part of this plan - delivering the ransom money that would hopefully save him and his family.

You don't have to agree with me. But those are the facts as I see them!

Well, that and the fact that the porsche was dumped and burned within sight of his father's home.

Not if you're trying to get even more money than whatever the scheduled delivery was. If you know someone gets some cash, you could think they can get even more cash.

We don't know when he took the family hostage, which there has been speculation for instance that it had been longer given how that the other HK may have been there 3 hours later than usual. You're also assuming that if SS is known for being able to get lots of cash that someone kidnapping them wouldn't try and get more than whatever amount was planned. Getting a planned cash delivery and getting a cash ransom are not mutually exclusive criminal events. That the flurry of calls continued after whatever money was delivered, it looks like there was an attempt to get more money and after whatever reason W1 was called at noon, the family was then killed.

I think in the absence of many confirmed facts, we are all spinning a lot of stories out of fantasy and conjecture. It's driving me crazy! I want to know what happened to these poor people and why!

Well, that and the fact that the porsche was dumped and burned within half a block of his father's home.

Please explain where you got that idea?

"The documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. The calls started shortly after 7 a.m. May 14 and ended just before noon. The fire was reported at 1:15 p.m.

The assistant, who did not return messages left on his cellphone Wednesday, tried to call Savvas Savopoulos about 1:40 p.m. but got no answer, the police documents show. Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html
There was no reason for SS to be alive let alone calling W1 hours after the money drop. The flurry of calls to these people should have ended around 10 AM instead of continuing hours later.

W-2 is the maid.

According to the affidavit, W-3 was "identified, located and interviewed" by LE. That tells me W-3 did not call and volunteer the information to LE. That LE "identified, located" and brought W-3 in to be interviewed. The wording is key. W-3 said he witnessed the blue Porsche on New York Avenue. That's a good distance away from the crime scene. New York Avenue is closer to the Howard Johnson, where DW stayed, than the crime scene. What was a witness doing spotting the Porsche all the way out there? My guess is W-3 is connected somehow.

I disagree - I don't believe Witness 2 is the Housekeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke